Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

R.I.P. Dr. Roger Leir

Mister No Name

From his website:

http://www.alienscal...dr-roger-k-leir

"Today is a sad day to report the passing of Dr. Roger K. Leir, we have lost a great family man, podiatrist and devoted ufologist. He will be greatly missed by all."

Edited by Mind Explorer

Dr. Roger Leir, researcher of alleged alien implants, dies

Dr. Roger K. Leir has died, according to a March 15 post at the late podiatrist and ufologist's website, 'Alien Scalpel'. The Southern California researcher and author was widely known throughout the UFO community for his surgical removal and study of what some believed to bealien implants from the bodies of alleged alien abductees.

http://www.examiner....n-implants-dies

Edited by Saru
Trimmed for length - please avoid copying and pasting entire articles

shame he died..

but more so his theories will not die with him.. *sigh* we can live in hope though..

• Like 1

I know some think Dr. Leir is a quack but I've seen documentaries where implants were removed from people

and the doctors that removed those implants wished to remain anonymous because they didn't want to jeopardize

their reputation. Even in a free society there are still possible consequences to one's actions. But that didn't deter Dr. Leir.

• Like 3

Leir was a quack, a disgrace to UFOlogy and he clearly made up all this alien implant nonsense for his own profit. Nonetheless, it is always a tragedy when a human being passes on and it is my wish that he may rest in peace.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Leir was a quack, a disgrace to UFOlogy and he clearly made up all this alien implant nonsense for his own profit. Nonetheless, it is always a tragedy when a human being passes on and it is my wish that he may rest in peace.

Cheers,

Badeskov

So those doctors that choose to remain discreet, are they quacks also?

And who were those doctors exactly? In fact, there were none. Not a single "implant" that Dr. Leir has ever removed has ever been shown to be anything other than something natural, ever. And no third party has ever been in over this, ever. He was a quack, period.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

RIP Dr. Leir. I remember watching you on some of those paranormal shows that i will occasional see. Perhaps you will try to make contact with us from the other side.

And who were those doctors exactly? In fact, there were none. Not a single "implant" that Dr. Leir has ever removed has ever been shown to be anything other than something natural, ever. And no third party has ever been in over this, ever. He was a quack, period.

Cheers,

Badeskov

If I find the documentary I'll send you the link. It was on History, Natgeo one of those channels. Anyway, claimed abductees were getting implants removed

from surgeons who wish to remain discreet. Dr. Leir had no involvement in it. These surgeons obviously knew the drama it would cause and the ridicule they'd

get if their identity was revealed. But at the same time their professional curiosity peaked their interest. Obviously they're looking for answers to this phenomena

but go underground to avoid the headaches it causes.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Hey Badeskov,

One time I was involved helping some girls from Brazil that coughed up some little metal pieces and eventually Lier got interested. These proved prosaic. It wasn't made up, and no-one ran with it after it was solved.

So I think he really was looking for something he couldn't explain.

It's not only him that died recently. A host of UFO researchers have been (more than likely) murdered in the past few months as disclosure draws nearer.

Ohhh Phuulleeeeezeeee.

As if this nonsense is worth killing someone over! I can see people dying of frustration and or boredom, but that's about it.

Classic paranoia syndrome "I am so important the Government is interested"

Drama Queen anyone?

• Like 2

What like Dr Greer?

greermoney.jpg

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hey Badeskov,

One time I was involved helping some girls from Brazil that coughed up some little metal pieces and eventually Lier got interested. These proved prosaic. It wasn't made up, and no-one ran with it after it was solved.

So I think he really was looking for something he couldn't explain.

Gidday Mate

Nice to see you, hope all has been well this new year for you.

I have to agree with Bade though mate, I have not ever seen anything that was remotely scientific nor medical, and he constantly surrounded himself with the worst charlatans in the field and was not above charging a hefty fee to hear him prattle on about things he had just made up. There is little doubt that there was not much going on above board here. As Bade says, it is always sad to hear of another person passing, I just hope the nonsense is over too.

How did Lier react to that particular situation that you were involved in? When he found it was prosaic, did he say "it could be more" or did he just leave it lie and walked away?

Cheers.

One thing about the implants found by Dr. Leir has puzzled me. The items are always asymetrical. Pet chip implants are very small but under a glass appear symetrical. Flying saucers, triangles, 'cigar' shaped tubes, and even the flaming mushroom shaped craft have a certain symetry. But Leir's implants, albeit of sometimes odd compositions, look like something the dog got in her ear whilst digging a hole.

What like Dr Greer?

greermoney.jpg

Obviously those that debunk this phenomena get the big bucks also. People will do it for money either way. Debunk or Support.

Probably some college kids are getting their tuition paid to debunk or support it. Like the saying goes, "It's all about Money."

post-103357-0-92479600-1395079726_thumb.

Edited by Hawkin
  • Like 3

shame he died..

but more so his theories will not die with him.. *sigh* we can live in hope though..

Not theories. Real bits and pieces lifted from people's limbs.

Alien in origin.

Hey P, Since you are very good on finding info, See if you can find out how much celebs like Penn & Teller and Dan Aykroyd

get paid to debunk/support this phenomena. Maybe you can find links and post them. You've said you like challenges. Go for it.

• Like 1

One thing about the implants found by Dr. Leir has puzzled me. The items are always asymetrical.

Much like the "organs" removed in the famous "Alien Autopsy".

Obviously those that debunk this phenomena get the big bucks also. People will do it for money either way. Debunk or Support.

Probably some college kids are getting their tuition paid to debunk or support it. Like the saying goes, "It's all about Money."

Greer has never been debunked and neither has Leir. Skepticism isn't debunking.

Much like the "organs" removed in the famous "Alien Autopsy".

That was a hoax.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :whistle:

You would believe anything Mr S, Always check sources and facts before taking things in.