Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

R.I.P. Dr. Roger Leir

Mister No Name

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

I believe he claims he can telepathically call in a UFO. So people go out there for an expensive trip to see whatever and if they see something or not it is unknown since they are not allowed to disclose.

Too bad I don't live anywhere near, I would gladly give my hard earned money to see some real...UFOs! :(

• Sad 1

i recall in the late 70s i saw in a low end tabloid a full page ad ( not cheap ) that explained with woo how the person was a psychic, etc etc and the rules of their "gifts" they had to help others so send them a sase, they would send you a stack of lottery numbers to play that of course their gift sees as being your numbers, if you win they would humbly except your offerrning of support and appreciation, and they had faith you were a good soul, blah blah blah,

how cool, they got to play the lotto for free countless times, and if the numbers they sent you didnt win who could you tell, perfect.

well, anyone who claims bs channeling of aliens, ghosts, bigfoot or felix the cat, then charges people to come be part of it but insists on a non disclosure contract is imho a huge con artist, 

however, i question the real value of a non disclosure contract, i mean stormy had pretty much told the world about her and donny.

On 4/17/2019 at 12:03 PM, TrumanB said:

Too bad I don't live anywhere near, I would gladly give my hard earned money to see some real...UFOs! :(

Chances are you do not see UFOs, but are told distant lights are UFOs.

• Like 2

So far I've never seen UFO. I'd like to see something fascinating during my life...if it's not possible to meet aliens in person. <_<

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

So far I've never seen UFO. I'd like to see something fascinating during my life...if it's not possible to meet aliens in person. <_<

i can assure you that you will see things that you dont know what they really are,

UFOs, whatever...just keep watching for it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrumanB said:

Take a look at this site. Look for these phenomena. Many people are surprised to learn how often these happen. I look often and the common ones fairly often although I did not notice them in the past.

https://www.atoptics.co.uk/

There are amazing things to see when it comes to wildlife. Learning to be observant takes practice. Join an astronomy club. Join a bird watching club. Look for fossils. You might find something truly extraordinary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Had no idea he passed away.  RIP Leir

5 minutes ago, EnderOTD said:

Had no idea he passed away.  RIP Leir

He’d be pretty peaceful by now... 

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Take a look at this site. Look for these phenomena. Many people are surprised to learn how often these happen. I look often and the common ones fairly often although I did not notice them in the past.

https://www.atoptics.co.uk/

There are amazing things to see when it comes to wildlife. Learning to be observant takes practice. Join an astronomy club. Join a bird watching club. Look for fossils. You might find something truly extraordinary.

That's very nice of you but I'm not some nature lover...I want to see some real UFOs and envy people who saw them!

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

He’d be pretty peaceful by now... 

Considering how long ago he passed, fairly RIPE too

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, TrumanB said:

That's why I love archaeology and paleontology and volunteer for every dig that opens up. There are too many real amazing things to bother looking for non-existent ones. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Piney said:

That's why I love archaeology and paleontology and volunteer for every dig that opens up. There are too many real amazing things to bother looking for non-existent ones. 

not the same but my wife and i are big into dirt pirating, ( metal detecting ) find way cool weird stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, the13bats said:

not the same but my wife and i are big into dirt pirating, ( metal detecting ) find way cool weird stuff.

Bigfoot hunting was more like looking for everything else. In the Piney Woods up and down the East Coast you not only have nature, but abandon ruins and all kinds of other cool things. I had about 20 photo albums of plants and animals, a huge rock and fossil collection and all kinds of other odds and ends including rusty old tools and Indian artifacts. 

30 minutes ago, Piney said:

Bigfoot hunting was more like looking for everything else. In the Piney Woods up and down the East Coast you not only have nature, but abandon ruins and all kinds of other cool things. I had about 20 photo albums of plants and animals, a huge rock and fossil collection and all kinds of other odds and ends including rusty old tools and Indian artifacts. 

i love that type thing,  you didnt find bf but had a great priceless time and gained insites to form your conclusions.

let me ask, before that were you a "believer" or just thought its "possible" .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

i love that type thing,  you didnt find bf but had a great priceless time and gained insites to form your conclusions.

let me ask, before that were you a "believer" or just thought its "possible" .

I was a honest to goodness believer. I had thought I saw him through my grandpop's cabin window as a kid.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Piney said:

I was a honest to goodness believer. I had thought I saw him through my grandpop's cabin window as a kid.

in hindsite what do you now think you saw?

8 hours ago, Piney said:

That's why I love archaeology and paleontology and volunteer for every dig that opens up. There are too many real amazing things to bother looking for non-existent ones

We don't know that!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

in hindsite what do you now think you saw?

My imagination gone wild. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TrumanB said:

That's very nice of you but I'm not some nature lover...I want to see some real UFOs and envy people who saw them!

As I suggested it takes practice to be a good observer. As long as you are going to look around you might as well enjoy the time between UFO sightings. 

You would be surprised at how many times I've been out looking at the stars and people point out satellites and try to tell their friends it's an alien craft. There were plenty of people back before 2012 that tried to tell people that the stars had changed position, or the Moon was not where it was supposed to be. They just were terrible observers. Do yourself a favor and learn what you might see so that when you do see something you can get an idea if it is unusual and what are the properties of the sighting that are unusual.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/17/2014 at 1:27 AM, psyche101 said:

Ohhh Phuulleeeeezeeee.

As if this nonsense is worth killing someone over! I can see people dying of frustration and or boredom, but that's about it.

Classic paranoia syndrome "I am so important the Government is interested"

Drama Queen anyone?

I agree.  If Ufologists were being murdered because of disclosure why are Stephen Greer and David Wilcock still alive?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2019 at 6:36 AM, stereologist said:

TrumanB, you have to be careful around Greer. He is an odd person. He runs something he calls the Disclosure Hearings, but if you go on one of his UFO hunts you have to sign a non-disclosure agreement. 

Weird right?

The sign of a true con man.

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2019 at 8:16 AM, TrumanB said:

p.s. now looking at his picture...he reminds me of Bob Lazar. :huh:

Right.  :lol:

On 4/17/2019 at 9:00 AM, Alien Origins said:

Skinwalker ranch come to mind here Stereo?

No, look it up.  I have seen the videos and have talked to people who went to one of his outings in Colorado.  He is all over the place.

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, look it up.  I have seen the videos and have talked to people who went to one of his outings in Colorado.  He is all over the place.

Who is all over the place?

22 hours ago, TrumanB said:

for some odd reason Tim Hildebrandt ( not one of the famous artist brothers )  pops in my head, this Hildebrandt was/is a factory worker in Wisconsin who due to his hobby relocated to dundee,

https://journaltimes.com/news/local/rob-on-the-road-ufo-hunt-leads-to-dundee-mountain/article_bb40f7bf-cedd-52ac-87f5-0ba782ca0d70.html

yes, basically 20 years ago and tims web site is defunct, i havent a clue what become of him, a while back i emailed the local haunt for UFO true believers Benson's HideAway with no reply.

i first saw tim in an old documentary he had devoted his life to taking pictures of UFOs he thought he had spent close to 30k at that point and all his work was a stack in the center of a empty looking house.

when he showed his pictures i wanted to see a smoking gun, he was a down to earth likable fellow, but his pictures didnt show much,  no ship, no aliens, no guns smoking, and it seemed tim knew this.

truman, be passinate, tenacious, see your UFO and i hope you even see something you cant explain, but dont get tunnel vision, unless its all you want out of life dont miss the show along the way, the side lines,  you dont have to be a nature lover to enjoy everything life and the earth has to offer.

• Thanks 1