Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your voice betrays your personality

Still Waters

You had me at "Hello"! It turns out our opening words speak volumes – people take less than a second to form an impression of someone's personality based on their voice alone.

http://www.newscient...ml#.UyYPAM4ngdU

• Like 1

Cool. I always did well at phone jobs. I must have a decent voice although no one can stand the sound of their own voice. Well almost no one.

• Like 1

Actually yes, that is totally true, there are literally billions of totally hot phone canvassers around the world that would rather disappoint in real life. I have spoken to people myself on the phone and got a completely different picture in my head as to the actual person on the other end of the line.

• Like 1

Yup, yup.

I dont think it's such a mechanical thing (though I believe there's a mechanical side to it most definetely and scientist will one day if they haven't already explain that side wholly and completely) as much as it's just the feeling and touch and "the thing" from which the voice originates, the vibe in hippie words. It's very mental, projection of your mind and what the other person has going on in their minds will show to you through their voice. Scorpios are more sensitive to voices people have, believe it or not but I can hear from someone's way of voice what they're really thinking (or projecting as what's supposed to be their real thoughts, might as well be acting though at most movies I can tell the difference between actor and what's the "real life person's thing"). It's not a psychic thing.