Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New study warns of impending global collapse

UM-Bot

A new scientific study has suggested that modern civilization may collapse within a matter of decades.

The grim prediction is based on theoretical models depicting what is likely to happen to the industrialized world over the next few years. The risks, the study claims, are based on economic instability and too much pressure being placed on the planet's natural resources.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...global-collapse

• Like 2

Resource-Based Economies like the Venus Project are not exactly new ideas, they've been around for decades. And the elites wouldn't be a problem if the Paradigm Research Group succeeded in convincing the Congress or the UN to take action to achieve full disclosure and make ET tech available to all.

• Like 1

Ohh it's the economy that'll do us in this time.

Last week it was global warming.

• Like 5

Resource-Based Economies like the Venus Project are not exactly new ideas, they've been around for decades. And the elites wouldn't be a problem if the Paradigm Research Group succeeded in convincing the Congress or the UN to take action to achieve full disclosure and make ET tech available to all.

Doesn't the UK have any mental health services available?
  • Like 2

Next week Global Economy Warming is scheduled to be the cause...

I've been seeing things like this since the very early 1960's... Nuclear War will destroy civilisation... mini-skirts will destroy civilisation...Legoinaries disease will destroy civilisation...Bird Flu will destroy civilisation...

swine flu will destroy civilisation... Y2K bugs in source code will destroy civilisation... The ancient Mayan's calendar will destroy civilisation... Some clown in the city of York blowing a recreation of a nordic horm

will destroy civilisation... We're still here...

It does seem to me that in the past 20 years or so, people have really gotten pessimistic...We've always had doom and gloomers... but not on the scale we seem to have today... I really don't know how

some of these current day 'chicken littles' would have made it through the 1950/60's "duck and cover" age...

Not saying you are one of these UM-bot... just remarking in general...

• Like 3

Humanity has a fantastic way of always surviving against all the odds.

However, I do think that their will be a future where the world changes economically and politically in a way that is drastic. The simple fact is while all these politicians are slapping their backs for seeing a "recovering" economy, the reality is that most major countries are not only massively in debt that it will take hundreds of years to pay it off, but they are only celebrating reducing the amount of debt we are building up every day by a small fraction!

If you compare it to your household budget, if you earn $2,000 a month, but are spending $5,000 a month, your debts are rising at a ridiculous amount, and yet these politicians are claiming a victory because they have managed to raise income to $2,004 a month, while cutting spending to $4,899 a month..... that is no reason to celebrate when we are still nosediving into a massive debt hole that nobody can realistically afford to pay off in many, many, many lifetimes..... and the countries with these kind of economic nightmares are the US, UK, Japan, China, Russia.... all the major superpowers of the world.

And just like your personal income/spending..... there comes a time when there is physically no way to save yourself and your entire world comes crashing down around you as you have everything taken away..... and that is what will eventually happen to all these countries.

It may not happen in this year, or next year, or ten years, or even in our lifetimes. It might not happen in our childrens childrens lifetime but unless a huge solution appears from nowhere, then it WILL happen, and the small impoverished countries of the world right now, could end up becoming the richest and most politically powerful nations of our future, while the rest of us slide into massive anarchy and self-destruction, starting wars with our neighbours over resources.

• Like 1

We are definitely approaching a critical crossroads. We will have to come together and rework many of our current models or continue down this path of sacrificing the planet's health at the altar of profiteering. This model is not sustainable...it's been corrupted to the core, far beyond the point of making minor adjustments just to keep the system moving and the headlines positive.

We need to rethink our priorities...I refuse to believe we'll still be in investing in a stock markets, buying overpriced cars and mortgages and watching the late show in another 100 years. This is just a phase we're going through...corporate leaders and consumer sheep.

• Like 3

I've been seeing things like this since the very early 1960's... Nuclear War will destroy civilisation... mini-skirts will destroy civilisation...Legoinaries disease will destroy civilisation...Bird Flu will destroy civilisation...

swine flu will destroy civilisation... Y2K bugs in source code will destroy civilisation... The ancient Mayan's calendar will destroy civilisation... Some clown in the city of York blowing a recreation of a nordic horm

It does seem to me that in the past 20 years or so, people have really gotten pessimistic...We've always had doom and gloomers... but not on the scale we seem to have today... I really don't know how

some of these current day 'chicken littles' would have made it through the 1950/60's "duck and cover" age...

The bottom line is something is going to get us, so why worry? Edited by paperdyer
  • Like 3

lol neo-Malthus. They predicted we wouldent have enough food in 1789. And we ended up finding ways to make more food then ever

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

I do agree that there are way too many people on the planet. As a civilzation, we need to control population growth to zero or a slight decrease to help. Also with less job available due to tech advances, there will be more people out of work putting a strain of the economy and of those who are fortunate enough to have a job. At the rate we are going, we will create the world of Blade Runner and Total Recall.

• Like 4

Any society where the rich are getting richer and the middle class is getting poorer isn't going to survive.

Yes the planet is overpopulated and that should be addressed. If they do though you will have people screaming its my right to have as many kids as I want but you figure out how I will feed them.

• Like 2

doomed_zps75dafdb2.jpg

once again.

• Like 5

Any society where the rich are getting richer and the middle class is getting poorer isn't going to survive.

That seems to be the gist of the article. Looking at past civilizations such as the Roman Empire, complete collapse is inevitable when a handful of elite people consume the vast majority of the wealth/resources. But there is still time to turn this ship around! The advantage we have that no other civilization before us has had, is the internet. The ability to communicate instantaneously with virtually any other person on the planet is causing a massive shift in the way people are thinking and coordinating.

• Like 2

Doesn't the UK have any mental health services available?

How should I know? I'm not English, not even British, and I fail to see how the different services that the NHS provides are relevant to a topic about an impending global collapse. Funny world you're living in.

• Like 1

How should I know? I'm not English, not even British, and I fail to see how the different services that the NHS provides are relevant to a topic about an impending global collapse. Funny world you're living in.

I think I see why he asked that.

• Like 1

Civilization will eventually be destroyed by politicians trying to micromanage the world.

• Like 4

Yes but your location is in the UK, you could benefit from their services. I bet my world isn't nearly as odd as one with freely available ET technology...
  • Like 2

They have a common source: mismanagement of the environment.

Also, one study does not a disaster make. They're mathematicians modeling social science. There's considerable error in those numbers. I'd wait until a few more studies come out before jumping out the window.

Doug

They have a common source: mismanagement of the environment.

Also, one study does not a disaster make. They're mathematicians modeling social science. There's considerable error in those numbers. I'd wait until a few more studies come out before jumping out the window.

Doug

I wouldn't even wait for the studies. A lot of this is just common sense....sure, we can continue to expand our population and we will find ways around feeding and watering all those people but what then? We live shoulder shoulder in dorm room sized apartments stacked on each other? Is that even living? We can continue to survive on our current path, we can substitute a lack of fish with synthetic foods, we can pump more hormones into our livestock to stretch the production that much further, we can wear masks to deal with the increasing air pollution.....

....but is it right to live that way? What kind of a life will that be for the average human being?

Edit to add-- most people aren't looking at these studies as "inevitable", but rather as "how much longer can we put this off?"

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 2

Greed and waste are the only things that would doom the world.

Everyone on earth could get 1000 sq. feet to call their own in Texas and the rest of the world would be empty. There is plenty of room on the whole earth to make food for all the people. It's just that so much gets wasted and so many other people take it out of other's mouths for silly, greedy purposes.

I don't think the world is going to end anytime soon, and I don't think humans are going to be wiped out, but I kinda welcome a paradigm shift from life as we know it now to something else.

• Like 6

It makes me think we're almost looking forward with a little anticipation - I guess most haven't gotten Br Cornelius' news about how wonderful things are :w00t:

Greed and waste are the only things that would doom the world.

Everyone on earth could get 1000 sq. feet to call their own in Texas and the rest of the world would be empty.

That's a great idea! Could we blow up the bridges so they can't get across the Red River?

Doug

• Like 1

It makes me think we're almost looking forward with a little anticipation - I guess most haven't gotten Br Cornelius' news about how wonderful things are :w00t:

I specifically highlighted the environmental crisis as they serious issue, but it doesn't change the fact that humans are living better now than they ever have.

Maybe you would like to return to the times when you would be dead at 45years old - sure weren't they the good old days :tu:

Your just going to have to entertain the fact that I don't base my life decisions on the forlorn hope that Jeeeessssuuusss is going to swoop down from the sky and kiss everyone better. Call me a realist.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

Yes but your location is in the UK, you could benefit from their services. I bet my world isn't nearly as odd as one with freely available ET technology...

just as the world of a member of an aboriginal society isn't nearly as odd as ours with all our weapons and multimedia entertainment (read:distraction to numb and dumb us down). Actually, mentioning them is perfect here as they are living harmonious lives that are in perfect balance with nature, starting with stable populations, respect for the environment and genuine caring about one another. Anyone seen Peoples and Cultures of the World by The Great Courses? Wow, I just checked, these courses are usually 100s of £s, can't believe you can download it all for £9, that's ridiculous for the experience you get. But even the DVD is just £15, that's a joke, for 24 exciting lectures, although I must admit the video is pointless, you see Fischer's face 99.9% of the time.