Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China baby hatch forced to close

Still Waters

A baby hatch in southern China has been forced to suspend work after hundreds of infants were abandoned, overwhelming the centre, its director says.

More than 260 children had been left at the welfare home in Guangzhou since 28 January, director Xu Jiu added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-china-26607505

• Like 1

I had no idea about baby hatches or even that they existed. And now that I know, I'm mentally shifting through the morality of it all.

I couldn't imagine ever abandoning my child regardless of state of ill-health.

If I wasn't able to care for the child due to costs or what have you, then I wouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place. I would make sure that I would be able to take care of the child myself.

This is def one article you've posted Still Waters that I truly learned something.

:tu:

• 3 weeks later...

I had no idea about baby hatches or even that they existed. And now that I know, I'm mentally shifting through the morality of it all.

I couldn't imagine ever abandoning my child regardless of state of ill-health.

If I wasn't able to care for the child due to costs or what have you, then I wouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place. I would make sure that I would be able to take care of the child myself.

This is def one article you've posted Still Waters that I truly learned something.

:tu:

Sometimes things unforeseen happen and the parent cannot care for the child. I think it is far better for a child to be left in the care of a facility than to be abused, neglected, exploited or just ignored until it dies.

This facility in China is trying to do the right thing and I cannot imagine what would happen to a baby if these places did not exist. Sadly many people would just outright kill their children out of desperation.

However all this needs to adopt another step and that is to educate people on birth control. Obviously they need to be taught the basics so that there will be fewer babies being born to families that either cannot afford them or just don't want them.