Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saw a dark figure...

jeannbottle

The night before last around midnight I was crawling into bed. I've been having problems sleeping for the past three weeks. My tv was on, but the screen was black and had a cool light that illuminated my small room well.

My two year old son was asleep in my bed, and I snuggled up next to him and hoped that I would drift off to sleep easy tonight like I usually do but have been unable to the past several weeks.

What happened :

I had closed my eyes, and to my surprise I saw my room. My room as it was while my eyes were open. It was as if I hadn't even closed them. I opened my eyes and tested this and they had been closed but it was the same exact sight.

I closed my eyes again, but this time there was a dark figure standing at the edge of my my bed next to my mirror. I opened my eyes and he was gone. I shook my head and thought that my head was playing tricks on me.

Well I closed my eyes again and this time the dark figure was in my face almost with a flash it was very sudden. He was making hand motions around my face, as if saying, "Im not touching you..." like little kids do in play to antagonize another.

Snapping my eyes open he was gone again. I'm a little scared now and when I close my eyes again he has backed away and he's now standing beside my bed. I can't see his eyes just the shape of a darkness and by the angle of his head he looks as if he is staring at my son. Then he looked and me and then back at my son and he raked his hand over him and pulls what I believe was his soul out, and begins to "waggle" "wave" and torment me with it.

I'm crying now, as I fear for my son's well being, and I open my eyes and pray out loud.

"Dear Heavenly Father. Forgive me for my sins. Please protect my family, protect me, protect our house and get rid of evil."

When I close my eyes. He is gone, and I am able to fall asleep just like I used to.

I've never seen this before. I've felt things and have been really scared for no reason while I lived in my old house. I thought since we moved it would be fine and it has for about 7 months.... In my old house where this mirror hung the room was always cold, and my cousin had a terrible seizure. She used to be terrified in that room. My cousin a grown woman of 50+ would beg me to let her sleep with me for fear of that room.

We thought it was gone. I'm getting rid of the mirror.

I don't know what it was... but its got me super freaked out.

Edited by jeannbottle
  • Like 1

Hello! Welcome to UM!

That's a pretty chilling story. One I regret reading at 3:20 AM.

I don't put it past you for getting rid of the mirror.

If it is anything, all I can say is ignore it.

Any attention fed to it will make it stronger!

I hope that helps.

• Like 1

Bless the house so the devil cannot infiltrate it, also mirrors are gateways, good idea on getting rid of it!

Hope things get better for you. :)

Edited by perceptivedoor
  • Like 1

Hello jeann! This is a pretty common experience it seems. A famous example is Geezer Butler's that was written into a song.

From Wiki:

In the days of Earth, Geezer Butler painted his apartment matte black, placed several inverted crucifixes, and put many pictures of Satan on the walls. Osbourne gave Butler a book about witchcraft. He read the book and placed the book on a shelf beside his bed before going to sleep. When he woke up, he claims he saw a large black figure standing at the end of his bed. The figure disappeared and Butler went to get the book, and it was gone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sabbath_%28song%29#History

I know you're describing the experience how you remember it, but are you certain the figure wasn't pointing at you?

I know you're describing the experience how you remember it, but are you certain the figure wasn't pointing at you?

No I am quite certain that he never pointed directly at me. If he did... what would that mean ...?

Hi and welcome!

Not to put a dampener on your paranormal experience, but.......

Ive read alot of similar "one off" posts from people claiming elaborate paranormal stories! But I try to judge them on there individual merit, but they all seem to start the same way "I was in bed" or "I woke up" or "during the night". Now im not suggesting your lying or anything like that, im sure what you experienced seemed very real to you, but there are various states of sleep that can bring on these sensations, night terrors and sleep paralysis are more common than you think,

you say you haven't been sleeping well, this through time can lead to hallucinations and other sensory malfunction due to the brain being deprived of "down time"

Dont automatically jump to the conclusion that you have a haunting or some other paranormal issue! Its far more likely that you have experienced one of the above mentioned sleep problems!

• Like 2

Hello jeann! This is a pretty common experience it seems. A famous example is Geezer Butler's that was written into a song.

From Wiki:

In the days of Earth, Geezer Butler painted his apartment matte black, placed several inverted crucifixes, and put many pictures of Satan on the walls. Osbourne gave Butler a book about witchcraft. He read the book and placed the book on a shelf beside his bed before going to sleep. When he woke up, he claims he saw a large black figure standing at the end of his bed. The figure disappeared and Butler went to get the book, and it was gone.

http://en.wikipedia...._(song)#History

I've never heard this story or this song. It is interesting.

I will note for the record my room is white and pink with little flowers on it... and I have a bible in my book shelf, and no inverted crosses. I do not smoke/drink and I was wide awake at the time....

"I've been having problems sleeping for the past three weeks."

Sleep deprivation made a bicyclist see, and believe that his support Van was a UFO full of aliens abducting him.

I suggest you watch this for a down to Earth explaination, and the abduction story.

• Like 2

I've never heard this story or this song. It is interesting.

I will note for the record my room is white and pink with little flowers on it... and I have a bible in my book shelf, and no inverted crosses. I do not smoke/drink and I was wide awake at the time....

Was the figure a shadow or could you make out its details?

Geezer was probably hungover and recovering from some sort of drug binge, that's a fair point lol

Hi and welcome!

Not to put a dampener on your paranormal experience, but.......

Ive read alot of similar "one off" posts from people claiming elaborate paranormal stories! But I try to judge them on there individual merit, but they all seem to start the same way "I was in bed" or "I woke up" or "during the night". Now im not suggesting your lying or anything like that, im sure what you experienced seemed very real to you, but there are various states of sleep that can bring on these sensations, night terrors and sleep paralysis are more common than you think,

you say you haven't been sleeping well, this through time can lead to hallucinations and other sensory malfunction due to the brain being deprived of "down time"

Dont automatically jump to the conclusion that you have a haunting or some other paranormal issue! Its far more likely that you have experienced one of the above mentioned sleep problems!

The sleep problems I've been having isn't related so much to the quality or quantity of my sleep its about falling to sleep. I used to fall asleep immediately. Now I cannot, and my actual falling to sleep time has gone from 12 to 1 to 2 to 3 and sometimes 4. I just end up sleeping a lot during the day and or taking naps. While I feel tired... it's not the most tired I've ever felt and no way do I feel like I've lost control of my mind. I feel quite in control. And I know what I saw was real in my gut. I was wide awake and it was immediately after laying down. The last 2-3 weeks. I lay there for hours before exhaustion enforces my sleep. I was not near that point at all.

Edited by jeannbottle

Was the figure a shadow or could you make out its details?

Geezer was probably hungover and recovering from some sort of drug binge, that's a fair point lol

The figure was black and almost fuzzy around him. Not entirely solid but not transparent. I could see the shape of his body, his head, his arms and legs, although most of his legs were hidden or darker. His hands had fingers which i could clearly see him waving around my face.

"I've been having problems sleeping for the past three weeks."

Sleep deprivation made a bicyclist see, and believe that his support Van was a UFO full of aliens abducting him.

I suggest you watch this for a down to Earth explaination, and the abduction story.

[media=]

[/media]

Great link and I'll watch it. However ... as a response to another post..

"The sleep problems I've been having isn't related so much to the quality or quantity of my sleep its about falling to sleep. I used to fall asleep immediately. Now I cannot, and my actual falling to sleep time has gone from 12 to 1 to 2 to 3 and sometimes 4. I just end up sleeping a lot during the day and or taking naps. While I feel tired... it's not the most tired I've ever felt and no way do I feel like I've lost control of my mind. I feel quite in control. And I know what I saw was real in my gut. I was wide awake and it was immediately after laying down. The last 2-3 weeks. I lay there for hours before exhaustion enforces my sleep. I was not near that point at all. "

I do not feel sleep deprived and I'm getting between 6-10 hours every night. mostly around 8 hours one or two nights at 6. Some at 10.

Great link and I'll watch it. However ... as a response to another post..

"The sleep problems I've been having isn't related so much to the quality or quantity of my sleep its about falling to sleep. I used to fall asleep immediately. Now I cannot, and my actual falling to sleep time has gone from 12 to 1 to 2 to 3 and sometimes 4. I just end up sleeping a lot during the day and or taking naps. While I feel tired... it's not the most tired I've ever felt and no way do I feel like I've lost control of my mind. I feel quite in control. And I know what I saw was real in my gut. I was wide awake and it was immediately after laying down. The last 2-3 weeks. I lay there for hours before exhaustion enforces my sleep. I was not near that point at all. "

I do not feel sleep deprived and I'm getting between 6-10 hours every night. mostly around 8 hours one or two nights at 6. Some at 10.

Well it's worth it to watch the lecture.

Next time it happens make a flaming sword appear, make the sword chop off the dark figure's head, and go to sleep.

• Like 1

Well it's worth it to watch the lecture.

Next time it happens make a flaming sword appear, make the sword chop off the dark figure's head, and go to sleep.

I hope I never see it again...

I put the mirror outside and there it will stay until I can find a new home for it, or make a trip to the dump. It's very sad as it was a beautiful mirror. A beautiful crescent moon.

Do not use the forums for personal arguments. If someone posts something you don't find credible/possible then simply offer (politely) what you feel may be a rational explanation then move on. Also, don't publically 'get into it' with others, if you feel unfairly criticized use the report button...don't publically squabble back and forth.

Edited by Lilly
typo

Do not use the forums for personal arguments. If someone posts something you don't find credible/possible then simply offer (politely) what you feel may be a rational explanation then more on. Also, don't publically 'get into it' with others, if you feel unfairly criticized use the report button...don't publically squabble back and forth.

I apologise! Its all too easy to get carried away!

You have some very haunting Art work miss Calvin

Its quite impressive

Thanks!

Although... not haunting. Emotional yes.

Do not use the forums for personal arguments. If someone posts something you don't find credible/possible then simply offer (politely) what you feel may be a rational explanation then more on. Also, don't publically 'get into it' with others, if you feel unfairly criticized use the report button...don't publically squabble back and forth.

My apologies as well. Thank you.

Hi jeanbottle,

Your experience is not that uncommon, it sounds although you were projected ( astral projected ) hence the experience of seeing your room as if your eyes were open when they were not, with perfect awareness of such. The figure being there to be frank is probably the least interesting part from how i see things, but i understand it's the most compelling part of your experience and was understandably interpreted ss somewhat frightening. This process however of being able to see your room like this is a stage many AP'ers go through and clairvoyants as well as they activate their third eye or "astral eyes". It's an integration of perception and it's kinda a big leap for many to reach this level of awareness. There are people who deliberately train to be able to see and perceive this way. So this should give what you experienced a whole different context to look at.

You should come over to our astral FAQS thread which is in the dreams and consciousness section here- the link is in my sig. Over there people are more experienced with this kind of thing and you can read how the figure experience is often given as the guardian experience. I think once you've done some reading about the astral levels you will understand your experience much more, everything you mention is on par with what many astral projectors have experienced.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 1

I agree with the other... I do astral projection and it sounds as if you were seeing the astral when you closed your eyes.

There are many negative entities out there and thou most of them are quite harmless, they love to cause fear in people (they feed on that energy). Its thou a good idea to do a house clearing after an incident such as this to raise the vibration of the house and clear out any energies about there that may be helping to attract them into your home. You can bless your whole house room by room and burn insense (sandlewood is a good one for helping clear negative energies out) put as much positivity into your home space as you can (play nice or spiritual music, put flowers in etc etc.. make the environment quite nice). Leaving things like this around can end up causing health issues eg lethargy (as they can feed on your energy).

You can also protect your and your sons space every night by saying some prayers of protection.

Best luck. Dont be scared.. I suggest to take up my suggestions here and you will probably then be fine.