Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman discovers talent for drawing after NDE

Still Waters

As a teenager, Pip Taylor dreamed of being an artist - but by her own admission she was hopeless.

Her attempts at sketching faces were 'terrible'. Even her teachers advised her to think of a different career.

But more than 30 years later she has discovered she is a talented artist - after falling down a flight of stairs and cracking her head.

http://metro.co.uk/2...rience-4642041/

• Like 2

it took 30 years of dedication from drawing cartoons to drawing like an artist............

it did not take 30 years, by falling down the stairs and cracking her head to become an artist

• Like 3

That's really wild. I've heard of people with head injuries suddenly discovering abilities they never had before. It's like it opens a part of the brain they couldn't access before.

Nothing paranormal, but interesting to look into.

• Like 4

I just hope this story won't inspire a bunch of "Monkey see, money do" mentality to start diving head first down stairwells in hope of superpowers. Ugh.

Edited by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:
  • Like 2

I only draw in the Japanese style (anime/manga), and I'm rather good at it. I always have been. I think she must have had that talent in the first place, she just never used it... but why use it now? Maybe I'm just too skeptic~

• Like 1

I only draw in the Japanese style (anime/manga), and I'm rather good at it. I always have been. I think she must have had that talent in the first place, she just never used it... but why use it now? Maybe I'm just too skeptic~

I'd like to do so as well but don't have real use for it other than a mere hobby so I don't bother much but I agree with you that she may have had the talent already but simply needed to apply it in a different manner.

I just hope this story won't inspire a bunch of "Monkey see, money do" mentality to start diving head first down stairwells in hope of superpowers. Ugh.

Sadly in this day and age of a society that has been deliberately dumbed down, I fear that there will be a great many who are stupid and gullible enough to do just that. Always looking for a seemingly easy way (in their minds) to do something.

We're such delicate machines aren't we? It's amazing what's locked in our brains. At least it was something tangible and not psychic abilities like the guy last week. I'm gald something good came out of such a tough break.

She's actually pretty good! However I would very much like to see how old the "before" picture is. For all we know it could have been from 20 years ago. If anything, the knock on her head could have simply improved her ability to focus, which is a prettt big factor in drawing. Plays a big difference for me between simply sketching and working on a commission.

I go with the 30 years comment as I have found that every time I take a break from Art (3 days to 3 years) whenever I take it up again, it has improved dramatically.

That's not saying that the fall had nothing to do with it but that inherent factors could have played a role here.

There's no such thing as talent in my books, every skill is hard fought for over years of self application though that doesn't explain prodigies playing Mozart who had no previous trained skills to begin with.

There's no such thing as talent in my books, every skill is hard fought for over years of self application though that doesn't explain prodigies playing Mozart who had no previous trained skills to begin with.

I agree about there being no such thing as talent. Some people may have a particular aptitude for certain skills but like anything else, if it is not used or developed or if the person simply has no use for said aptitude then nothing comes of it.

As for so-called "prodigies" I think some may have a "uncanny" ability to remember what they have heard, even in the womb and can play it back with astonishing skill.