Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Selfie: Student breaks 19th century statue

Still Waters

Taking funny selfies takes some imagination and creativity, but trying too hard can lead to unexpected results. Thus, in one such attempt to take a pic of himself, a student broke a 19th century statue in Italy’s Brera Academy.

http://rt.com/news/i...ent-statue-845/

• Like 1

What a goon. He's lucky that was a copy. I wish kids would get an electric shock every time they took a selfie.

• Like 5

Indicative of the "I'm more important than anything else and I can do what I want" mentality I see with a lot of young people these days.

Probably stems from the "nobody loses, everyone gets a gold star" bs in school and sports etc.

• Like 4

Indicative of the "I'm more important than anything else and I can do what I want" mentality I see with a lot of young people these days.

Probably stems from the "nobody loses, everyone gets a gold star" bs in school and sports etc.

It's just a phase most teenagers go through. I'm 34 now and when I look back when I was 16, I can't believe how much of an idiot I was at times. If I could go back in time, I'd punch my 16 year old self in the face.

It's just a phase most teenagers go through.

I don't know....

At the risk of sounding like an old hen, not when I was growing up. We went on trips to museums and such and none of the kids were climbing on statues.

• Like 2

I don't know....

At the risk of sounding like an old hen, not when I was growing up. We went on trips to museums and such and none of the kids were climbing on statues.

I don't remember this sort of behaviour either but I'm older than you, I would have been petrified of being reprimanded or getting a clip round the earhole if I put a foot out of line in a museum/art gallery/establishment where a modicum of decorum is required.

This selfie crap <channels old biddy self> is a facebook phenomenon ...look at meee - I'm bonkers I am!! .....which translates to me as 'I have a really dull existence but I want you all to think I'm really popular and funny.

Dull as a wooden spoon.

• Like 1

I'm 21 and I've never taken a selfie in my life. Some people have forced me into their own selfie but I've never gotten a pic, taken it and published it to any medium.