Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baby catapulted out of mother's womb in crash

seeder

Well heres something you dont hear about every day

Unborn baby catapulted out of mother's womb SURVIVES bike crash that killed his parents

An unborn baby has survived been catapulted three metres out of his mother's womb during a fatal motorcycle crash that killed his parents.

The accident saw both the baby boy's heavily pregnant mother Wang Zhau, and his father Mao, be hit by a truck as they rushed to try and get to hospital in time.

The vehicle careered into their motorbike before running over the woman's stomach, and causing fatal injuries to the father. "Eye witnesses said that when the woman was hit by the truck she gave birth on the spot," police spokesman Chan Chien said.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/xiao-zhao-bike-crash-unborn-3263856#ixzz2wWaW9Swv

Thrown out of the woman's belly, does that mean her stomach busted open?

I'm glad the baby is okay but sad the parents had to die like this and never see their new baby.

"Others said that the baby, which was healthy 4.2 kg, had been thrown out of the woman's belly and had landed three meters away."

this is bullsh*t

it would not be possible for the baby to go flying three meters from the mother. the umbilical cord is just not that long folks

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 4

ha you know I was just looking at other sources, thinking if she had some strong knickers on, or even leggings, that may have prevented the baby being shot out like that...so in another source we find this

"Eye-witnesses claim the wheels of the truck then went over the woman and the baby was forced from her womb by the impact and catapulted to safety three metres away.

Others reported that the woman gave birth immediately after being hit by the truck and then died".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2585361/Mystery-baby-born-three-metres-away-dead-mothers-body-run-truck-way-birth-hospital.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

So we have possibly the tabloids hyping it up more, or is it still hard work to get honest news out of China?

I wonder how Jet Li got his name?

• Like 1

no way that baby was catapulted out. i also don't believe the truck ran over her stomach forcing it out

whoever wrote this has never had a child or watched one being born lol

• Like 3

"Others said that the baby, which was healthy 4.2 kg, had been thrown out of the woman's belly and had landed three meters away."

this is bullsh*t

it would not be possible for the baby to go flying three meters from the mother. the umbilical cord is just not that long folks

Not true JGirl, I knew a guy that that was catapulted 50 meters out a car windshield leaving his shoes on the floor with his feet still in them. You're talking about extreme forces here. Edited by OverSword

Not true JGirl, I knew a guy that that was catapulted 50 meters out a car windshield leaving his shoes on the floor with his feet still in them. You're talking about extreme forces here.

did he have an umbilical cord which was also attached to the inside of a woman when it happened?

at the time was he inside another human's body?

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 2

did he have an umbilical cord which was also attached to the inside of a woman when it happened?

at the time was he inside another human's body?

I'm pretty sure my friends feet were attached, and probably much more firmly than an umbelical chord.

I'm pretty sure my friends feet were attached, and probably much more firmly than an umbelical chord.

think about it for a minute

really

if the woman was run over that baby would not have survived, let alone get squeezed out like so much toothpaste

that just didn't happen. it couldn't have happened that way.

your friend was not being squeezed through a birth canal, and i can see how he could have been thrown out of a vehicle and out of his shoes - the fact that his feet were still in his shoes is a strange bit, and i would like to have more information about the accident before i decided if that was factual or not sorry.

it's more likely that she gave birth on the road and then died as other witnesses have claimed.

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 4

think about it for a minute

really

if the woman was run over that baby would not have survived, let alone get squeezed out like so much toothpaste

that just didn't happen. it couldn't have happened that way.

your friend was not being squeezed through a birth canal, and i can see how he could have been thrown out of a vehicle and out of his shoes - the fact that his feet were still in his shoes is a strange bit, and i would like to have more information about the accident before i decided if that was factual or not sorry.

it's more likely that she gave birth on the road and then died as other witnesses have claimed.

No way, JGirl. Catapulted! It happens I swear! :ph34r:

You have to wonder how he got cut up like that if he just slid out of the womb

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted image

I was going to bring that up!! Those grazes on his right side are the type you get when you've slid along the ground, had many on my knees and elbows as a manic child bike rider!!

OK after some careful searching, I found an English article on a Chinese website,

quote:

An infant born at the scene of a crash that killed his heavily-pregnant mother has been dubbed a “miracle baby”. The infant was born after his mother was knocked off a motorcycle by a car at a junction in the city of Xiamen.

Local media reports described the infant as being “knocked out” of his mother during the accident.

“The baby arrived in the hospital emergency department at 9:30am with numerous bruises, so was sent for further examination. Following consultation, the boy was found to have no major problems,” Haicang hospital staff told reporters.

http://www.scmp.com/...pregnant-mother

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted image from quote
  • Like 2

Are they sure that baby is Chinese? It's not north Korean and related to the Kim Jong's somehow? :whistle:

Lets not forget either, the OP article said she was in labour, therefore the motorbike ride to hospital, I guess....guess mind you, it could have been ready to pop out anyway, and for a really poor analogy, like when you need to poop - but can hold it off by clenching...then first chance you get you cant hold back?

It's the Chinese Chuck Norris!

Joking aside, it's wonderful the baby survived but I feel so bad that he won't ever know his parents and the love they had for him.

It's the Chinese Chuck Norris!

Joking aside, it's wonderful the baby survived but I feel so bad that he won't ever know his parents and the love they had for him.

The Chinese article I linked to did say: "However, it is unclear whether the driver of the motorcycle – who was also killed in the accident - was the boy’s father".

http://www.scmp.com/...pregnant-mother

Be good for the kid if one parent was still alive

Edited by seeder

I hope the father survived. Sounds like a horrible accident.

because he was born onto a paved surface.

if he was catapulted and landed his injuries would have been much more severe. these are merely slight brush burns.

I hope the father survived. Sounds like a horrible accident.

both parents died in the accident according to the report Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted image from quote
  • Like 1

I especially wouldn't ride on one pregnant and in labor!

• Like 5

Geez, the article reads more like unused script for a scene in Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill.

• Like 3

The article is sketchy, but...

Umbilical cords are attached to the placenta, which does also come out of the woman when she gives birth! Do people here think that the doctor not only cuts the cord from the baby's navel but also dives up into the uterus and cuts it off the woman too? Jeesh.

I am sorry ~ but some of the 'jokes' here leaves a wee tad of a mighty bad after taste ~ just because they're 'Chinese in China' ? I sincerely hope not ~

The article is sketchy, but...

Umbilical cords are attached to the placenta, which does also come out of the woman when she gives birth! Do people here think that the doctor not only cuts the cord from the baby's navel but also dives up into the uterus and cuts it off the woman too? Jeesh.

yes i am aware of the fact that the umbiilcal cord is attached to the placenta, which is delivered from the woman as well. i am a woman who has given birth twice afterall lol

still, it does not lend any more credence to the idea that this baby was catapulted out of the womb of the mother, along with the placenta...i can't believe anyone could actually believe that this is possible.

maybe it's a superbaby?

baby-superman.jpg

Anyway I have tried for a few mins to find updates to the story, but nothing new was found, so, p'raps just another exaggerated web story. Still the baby's alive and thats the main thing I guess

Edited by seeder