Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I need help

ask21771

Yesterday I saw a hypnotherapist and had past life regression therapy the phobia I went to get rid of was cured but the experience wasn't as spiritual as I thought and now I'm having a harder time holding onto my beliefs if anyone has any recent evidence of the afterlife please show me I need this worse then you can ever know

What belief system are you?

Yesterday I saw a hypnotherapist and had past life regression therapy the phobia I went to get rid of was cured but the experience wasn't as spiritual as I thought and now I'm having a harder time holding onto my beliefs if anyone has any recent evidence of the afterlife please show me I need this worse then you can ever know

Glad you asked this. There was a time when I could have only "explained" bits about the after-life, but now I have evidence that there is an after-life, and you are welcome to it. Maybe you can explain your findings back on this thread at a later date?

Glad you asked this. There was a time when I could have only "explained" bits about the after-life, but now I have evidence that there is an after-life, and you are welcome to it. Maybe you can explain your findings back on this thread at a later date?

the afterlife or the evidence?

the afterlife or the evidence?

Evidence. If you really do want evidence, I can pass it on to you.

There is no evidence of an afterlife, but there are plenty of people more than willing to push it as fact.

The best one can do is seek their own evidence for it, but keep in mind it does not make what people theologicly say is true.

There is no evidence of an afterlife, but there are plenty of people more than willing to push it as fact.

The best one can do is seek their own evidence for it, but keep in mind it does not make what people theologicly say is true.

I'm gathering as much of this evidence as I can whilst it's on-going. It is very much out of my comfort-zone but needs must. Best I can do is pass over what I have, and allow the OP to make his/her own mind up.

• Like 1

I'm gathering as much of this evidence as I can whilst it's on-going. It is very much out of my comfort-zone but needs must. Best I can do is pass over what I have, and allow the OP to make his/her own mind up.

You cannot contact a paranormal research society?

You cannot contact a paranormal research society?

It's in the hands of a few places for now (Press/Investigation/challenge) which gives me great relief. See what they make of it. It's taken ages to get the ball rolling on this.

• Like 1

There are many things that are true but cannot pass scientific scrutiny, it happens every day court cases across the world. As to an afterlife, There is plenty of evidence just not proof to scientific standards which are necessarily stringent. Even then...there is plenty of empirical evidence not necessarily proof. Psudoskeptics will attempt to explain away evidence then claim this is evidence against which is not unless they have well.... evidence.

Anyone telling you there is no evidence is only speaking form their own interpretation of what constitutes evidence. Which by all standards, except for one, is not necessary for a likely logical conclusion.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 3

There are many things that are true but cannot pass scientific scrutiny, it happens every day court cases across the world. As to an afterlife, There is plenty of evidence just not proof to scientific standards which are necessarily stringent. Even then...there is plenty of empirical evidence not necessarily proof. Psudoskeptics will attempt to explain away evidence then claim this is evidence against which is not unless they have well.... evidence.

Anyone telling you there is no evidence is only speaking form their own interpretation of what constitutes evidence. Which by all standards, except for one, is not necessary for a likely logical conclusion.

Nice, clearly put. I hope the evidence I'm gathering up is proof enough for science to mull over. I started out 18 months ago initially searching for help, and of course plausible answers, but I've not found any to satisfy me so far. I lost contact with ALL 8 of my family members due to either their fear or belief. It took me the best part of a year to crawl back 3 family members who are now supporting my search, whilst the others continue to ignore, attack me verbally, ridicule me and threaten me with legal action should I approach again them for help. It's all so unnecessary.

I had a brief chat in email with the OP last night, just brief and straight on to the evidence. However, handing over any evidence via PC is difficult. I'd really like to start a thread up and do a few informal tests with strangers willing to be affected by the supernatural (in a positive sense) Many folk are afraid but I can relate to that.

I've had to go through the GP, the church, contacting the press, go through a para investigation, and now enter into a para-challenge, before I can even approach science and be taken seriously. It's all very brain draining and unnecessary.

Edited by -Desiderata-
  • Like 1

I'd love to see the evidence you have for an afterlife. All the so called "evidence" I've ever seen has fallen short, but I would absolutely love to be proven wrong. I know White Crane Feathers talks of pseudoskepticism, hopefully I don't fall under that category. I would be very pleasantly surprised if an afterlife did exist, but I'm not just going to take it on faith.

• Like 1

Yesterday I saw a hypnotherapist and had past life regression therapy the phobia I went to get rid of was cured but the experience wasn't as spiritual as I thought

I don't understand. Why should it be "spiritual"?

and now I'm having a harder time holding onto my beliefs if anyone has any recent evidence of the afterlife please show me I need this worse then you can ever know

Your beliefs should be freely chosen or discarded as YOU see fit. If the previous ideas you were programmed with are no longer serving you then change them.

There is no obligation to believe anything regardless of what society says and you don't need to "believe". Choose "thinking" as this lets you change your ideas more readily. No one has evidence of a so-called "after-life", just because many cultures speak of it in some form or another is not, nor should it ever be, considered proof.

Just read all you can even if some of that information goes against what you were previously told to believe.

i'm very curious about what sort of evidence you have
  • Like 1

It's in the hands of a few places for now (Press/Investigation/challenge) which gives me great relief. See what they make of it. It's taken ages to get the ball rolling on this.

And when no news sources report on this, that means the world wasn't ready for it and you couldn't possibly be asked to present your evidence yourself?

I'm not sure what's classed as recent or if you're just after scientific evidence but I can share an interesting experience I had. I suppose it could be counted as maybe something from the afterlife.

I've typed this before I think.. but I heard music once not that long ago..

I was sleeping and I woke up to hear this music which was coming from out where I keep the computer. The actual music was from someone I met on the net who had made it, so it wasnt radio music or anything from the neighbors. Anyway I woke up hearing this song I really liked and it was quite loud and was very clear.. I stayed in bed for a few moments thinking about the music and wondering how my computer had managed to turn itself on. At that stage I figured that my son mustve gotten up early and done it all which wasnt really making sense either because I knew the song file was not easy to find(it wasnt on the desktop). So in my sleepy state I started to get out of bed to go turn it off and to see who had turned it on. I managed to actually stand up out of bed before the music stopped(which really spun me out) and at that stage I figured I mustve dreamt it all, but I was spinning out that I had managed to actually stand up fully before realizing. It was kinda a first for me and I'm not a sleep walker, so I was pretty amazed that I was tricked almost. Anyway I went back to bed straight away and as I was laying my head down to sleep it felt like I was being layed down very gently(I started dreaming straight away I guess).. and I saw a golden face which had like three sides to her.. so she had a face on the left and right of her actual face. She was all gold and was in her late 20's maybe. Anyway it was just like I was being layed back to sleep by this golden lady who was very happy.

Anyway soon after( a few hours maybe) I was woken by a phone call from my mother who was telling me that my Nana had died only a few hours earlier. Which really seemed to fit with my dream because it really did have that feeling around it... like a warm goodbye. It's always made me happy to think about it now because I saw how she looked and she was like she was young again.

Another thing which I found really interesting was that I told my mum what I had dreamt, and she later found a letter written from my nana(written almost 20years earlier which I had never seen or heard of)which basically said that my nana had a very similar experience to mine.. My nana wrote that she had an experience the night her husband died in hospital(before she was told).. she wrote that she woke up to hear music going through her house.. she actually wrote that she heard it for ages and that she got up and opened all the windows so that she could hear this music better. She said that no-one else had heard it(she asked her neighbors later)and that it was just this wonderful music in the middle of the night..and that she was amazed by it. She wrote that she felt it was a message from her husband.. And I was amazed when I read her letter, as was my mum.

Taken from here. http://www.unexplain...7

So its a very interesting coincidence at the least which happened to both myself and my nana. She heard music from a source she couldn't find around the time of her husbands death(so that night)and I heard music around the time of her death(around the exact time). And I had never known about her experience with the music.

• Like 2

I'm not sure what's classed as recent or if you're just after scientific evidence but I can share an interesting experience I had. I suppose it could be counted as maybe something from the afterlife.

Taken from here. http://www.unexplain...7

So its a very interesting coincidence at the least which happened to both myself and my nana. She heard music from a source she couldn't find around the time of her husbands death(so that night)and I heard music around the time of her death(around the exact time). And I had never known about her experience with the music.

What a lovely experience, thanks for sharing.

And when no news sources report on this, that means the world wasn't ready for it and you couldn't possibly be asked to present your evidence yourself?

The reporter's aware that supernatural is afoot. A few interviews plus spent an evening here trying to get an angle, witnessing the paranormal team at work. I honestly have no idea what his write up will be, his work is cut-out I think.

I'm sure much of the world is ready for this. Personally I am too, just rather "watching on" instead of coping with it 24/7 alone.

i'm very curious about what sort of evidence you have

I've been meaning to start a thread but haven't had much spare time. I've started one today "Hearing voices, please explain" The second half of the write-up explains what some of the evidence is, and there's a lot more gathered to go with it.

No one ever knows if what another person claims is true. But one cannot say it is untrue, just because one has not had a similar personal experience of it.

Ask The truth is this, if you need knowledge of a afterlife to meet some personal challenge of loss or grief then I am sorry but no one will be able to help you with knowledge. They can give you their own experiential knowledge but to accept this as true will require belief So you might as well go back to personal belief Ie BELIEF will help you where knowledge cannot.

I can tell you that human memories and lives are stored in the cosmic consciousness after a person dies and are accessible to a living human mind. This experience is like being hooked into a virtual reality machine where one can interact with the consciousness of the dead person, who does not realise they are dead, but whose consciousness is still active and interactive. You inhabit the world, places and people of their life on earth as another participant within it via their living memories. This is true from my own knowledge and experiences, but why should you believe me? Have confidence in your own belief as a way to overcome worries and doubts and to help you heal yourself.

There was an author on here who passed out a book for free on that topic. Let's see if I can look him up... Amazon.com... I haven't seen him around here any more.

http://www.amazon.com/Encouraged-Light-John-Christian-Edwards/dp/1439246300/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1395476340&sr=8-4&keywords=recrossed

I think that is it.

No one ever knows if what another person claims is true. But one cannot say it is untrue, just because one has not had a similar personal experience of it.

We know that people do, and have made things up.

Then there is mental illness.