Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I need help

ask21771

We know that people do, and have made things up.

Then there is mental illness.

[media=]

[/media]

And so? Because one person who tells you about god is a compulsive liar, and a second person who tells you about god is mentally ill, does that make the third person to tell you they have encountered god either of those things?

There is no connection here. There is (or may be) fiction, delusion, and truth from three separate people, telling the same story or account.

This is true for all things. I can truthfully tell you of my encounters with great white sharks. Another person might tell you similar stories and be lying, while a third might tell you the same stories and be delusional. You cannot tell which is which but that doesn't meany ou can, or should, dismiss all three accounts.

And so? Because one person who tells you about god is a compulsive liar, and a second person who tells you about god is mentally ill, does that make the third person to tell you they have encountered god either of those things?

There is no connection here. There is (or may be) fiction, delusion, and truth from three separate people, telling the same story or account.

This is true for all things. I can truthfully tell you of my encounters with great white sharks. Another person might tell you similar stories and be lying, while a third might tell you the same stories and be delusional. You cannot tell which is which but that doesn't meany ou can, or should, dismiss all three accounts.

I saw a Basketball size orb of very bright light come to about 3 feet (91.44) in front of me, but I was not blinded by it.A bay window was between me, and the luminous object.I waved at it, and it swerved in a lopsided figure eight/infinity symbol pattern.Then it went back to the direction it came from.I ran to the bedroom which faced the other side of the dwelling expecting to see it come around.Not seeing it I opened the window, and stuck my body out to look around.That's when I saw a large dark mass (nightime) the size of a Football field hovering above the dwelling.I could not determine the shape of the mass, but it had a circular protuding bottom section which had white chaser lights blinking around it.The mass made an electro mechanical steady hum as it veered away out of site.

Do you think I am lying, crazy, or imagined it?

I saw a Basketball size orb of very bright light come to about 3 feet (91.44) in front of me, but I was not blinded by it.A bay window was between me, and the luminous object.I waved at it, and it swerved in a lopsided figure eight/infinity symbol pattern.Then it went back to the direction it came from.I ran to the bedroom which faced the other side of the dwelling expecting to see it come around.Not seeing it I opened the window, and stuck my body out to look around.That's when I saw a large dark mass (nightime) the size of a Football field hovering above the dwelling.I could not determine the shape of the mass, but it had a circular protuding bottom section which had white chaser lights blinking around it.The mass made an electro mechanical steady hum as it veered away out of site.

Do you think I am lying, crazy, or imagined it?

None of the above.

It sounds like typical "ball lightning" behaviour, especially the electro magnetic hum. However I would ask some questions. Were you sober, drunk, or stoned at the time? Had you just awoken or nearly gone to bed? Are you prone to seeing things which aren't there more than most people? Were you suffering from a mental illness at the time?

Does ball lightning occur in your local area? Did any of the observations give you clues about its nature? For example, could it have been a remote controlled drone with a light and camera attached? These are questions you would have to ask yourself in determining the reality of anything you experienced

Only you know the answers to these questions, because only you were there to witness the event, and to think it through logically and rationally. Was there any smell of ozone in the air at the time? Did anyone else see or confirm the sighting? etc Did the light cast shadows? After the light went off/out, was your night vision affected ? Ie did the light have a physical effect on your irises/pupils?

Now you could be making the whole story up. I can't tell, but I have no reason to disbelieve you. I have seen very real, if different, but just as strange things. What I find interesting is that at least two of your senses independently confirm/verify the existence of the object. Not only did you see it but it was accompanied by sound as a real object might be.

Edited by Mr Walker

None of the above.

It sounds like typical "ball lightning" behaviour, especially the electro magnetic hum. However I would ask some questions. Were you sober, drunk, or stoned at the time? Had you just awoken or nearly gone to bed? Are you prone to seeing things which aren't there more than most people? Were you suffering from a mental illness at the time?

Does ball lightning occur in your local area? Did any of the observations give you clues about its nature? For example, could it have been a remote controlled drone with a light and camera attached? These are questions you would have to ask yourself in determining the reality of anything you experienced

Only you know the answers to these questions, because only you were there to witness the event, and to think it through logically and rationally. Was there any smell of ozone in the air at the time? Did anyone else see or confirm the sighting? etc Did the light cast shadows? After the light went off/out, was your night vision affected ? Ie did the light have a physical effect on your irises/pupils?

Now you could be making the whole story up. I can't tell, but I have no reason to disbelieve you. I have seen very real, if different, but just as strange things. What I find interesting is that at least two of your senses independently confirm/verify the existence of the object. Not only did you see it but it was accompanied by sound as a real object might be.

Now you sound like a skeptic which looks out of character to me.LOL!

I was 8 years old, around 6pm, and I am not in the habit of delusion.

The Ball stopped in front of me, danced, stopped in the previous position, then moved in the exact direction which it came.I am unsure if it cast any shadows, or glow on surfaces.I did try to get my older brother to look who was in the kitchen, and I even tried to pull his arm, but he was roboticly focused on doing the dishes.The light ball waited as I left then came back in the room, and then I picked up a toy gun (fear started kicking in?) pointed it at it, but that's when it left.

I do not remember any strange smells, and the sound the huge mass made sounded a lot like the ships the humans used in the movie "The Matrix".If it was not for the ball, and years later hearing stories describing what I saw in around the same time frame I would just think the mass was the Goodyear blimp.I say the Goodyear blimp because a couple a weeks later the Goodyear blimp did make a low pass over the dwelling.Me, and my brother were outside, and he says to me "See that's what you saw!".I was like "If only you looked when I said so, you would not say that, because that was not it."

Even though I have spoken to witnesses years later that seen what I seen, my jaw dropped when I came across this article that dates my experience, but about 20 miles away.

http://www.ufocasebo...illenj1979.html

Now did I use creative writting based on this article (telling lies), or am I telling the truth?

Edited by davros of skaro

The reporter's aware that supernatural is afoot. A few interviews plus spent an evening here trying to get an angle, witnessing the paranormal team at work. I honestly have no idea what his write up will be, his work is cut-out I think.

I'm sure much of the world is ready for this. Personally I am too, just rather "watching on" instead of coping with it 24/7 alone.

In other words you're not going to do anything yourself to show your "evidence".

contact SpiritWriter, let know what that person says, we'll go on from there.

Now you sound like a skeptic which looks out of character to me.LOL!

I was 8 years old, around 6pm, and I am not in the habit of delusion.

The Ball stopped in front of me, danced, stopped in the previous position, then moved in the exact direction which it came.I am unsure if it cast any shadows, or glow on surfaces.I did try to get my older brother to look who was in the kitchen, and I even tried to pull his arm, but he was roboticly focused on doing the dishes.The light ball waited as I left then came back in the room, and then I picked up a toy gun (fear started kicking in?) pointed it at it, but that's when it left.

I do not remember any strange smells, and the sound the huge mass made sounded a lot like the ships the humans used in the movie "The Matrix".If it was not for the ball, and years later hearing stories describing what I saw in around the same time frame I would just think the mass was the Goodyear blimp.I say the Goodyear blimp because a couple a weeks later the Goodyear blimp did make a low pass over the dwelling.Me, and my brother were outside, and he says to me "See that's what you saw!".I was like "If only you looked when I said so, you would not say that, because that was not it."

Even though I have spoken to witnesses years later that seen what I seen, my jaw dropped when I came across this article that dates my experience, but about 20 miles away.

http://www.ufocasebo...illenj1979.html

Now did I use creative writting based on this article (telling lies), or am I telling the truth?

I do not know. I wasn't there.

Which is rather the point I am making about all such stories. It could be true or false.

As an outsider I do not know it is tempting to say it is creative writing based on your previous posts and the point you are trying to make. But that is not a good enough reason for me to make an accurate assessment.

I find nothing particularly incredible or unbelievable in either your story or in the one on the web page, but I am open minded I do not believe and I do not disbelieve. The point is what your mind logic and experience leads you to know about this true event or creative account What I believe is irrelevant to the truth that you know about it.

I do not know. I wasn't there.

Which is rather the point I am making about all such stories. It could be true or false.

As an outsider I do not know it is tempting to say it is creative writing based on your previous posts and the point you are trying to make. But that is not a good enough reason for me to make an accurate assessment.

I find nothing particularly incredible or unbelievable in either your story or in the one on the web page, but I am open minded I do not believe and I do not disbelieve. The point is what your mind logic and experience leads you to know about this true event or creative account What I believe is irrelevant to the truth that you know about it.

The truth is relevant, and without evidence people should take what people provide without evidence as for what it is.

I will give you directions to my neighborhood in PM so you can Astral travel to see the beverage can next to my computer so you can give me your evidence.

The truth is relevant, and without evidence people should take what people provide without evidence as for what it is.

I will give you directions to my neighborhood in PM so you can Astral travel to see the beverage can next to my computer so you can give me your evidence.

The truth is the truth. You know the truth about this account and that is all that matters. I cannot know it and I do not need to know it, for it to be true. But I cannot say it was NOT true. You know. I have to believe or disbelieve or chose to suspend both. You shouldn't drink so much red bull. It's not good for you. :innocent: .

The truth is the truth. You know the truth about this account and that is all that matters. I cannot know it and I do not need to know it, for it to be true. But I cannot say it was NOT true. You know. I have to believe or disbelieve or chose to suspend both. You shouldn't drink so much red bull. It's not good for you. :innocent: .

There was this mental hospital that would let it's patients out during the day.There was this one women that would stop by my workplace, and converse with me along with my coworkers.She thought president Clinton was spying on her.She also believed that she became invisible by holding her breath.Me and my coworkers would pretend not to see her when she held her breath.

Now just imagine people with a 1/4 of her beliefs having internet access.

I have not had a Red Bull in a long while, but the can next to my computer is mostly red.

Whats your experiment entail?

Im keen to give it a go.....

I'm gathering as much of this evidence as I can whilst it's on-going. It is very much out of my comfort-zone but needs must. Best I can do is pass over what I have, and allow the OP to make his/her own mind up.

I find that there is indeed adequate evidence for the afterlife.

It is dogmatic science that is immature and needs serious and constant growth, including a certain flexible aspect, to remain valid. Seriously, we double our scientific knowledge base every three to five years. Just because something cannot be currently proven scientifically does not mean that something doesn't exist.

I have a finger, but I cannot show you that evidence. So do I really have a finger, if there is no evidence presented for it?

Good luck with your endeavor.

I'd love to see the evidence you have for an afterlife. All the so called "evidence" I've ever seen has fallen short, but I would absolutely love to be proven wrong. I know White Crane Feathers talks of pseudoskepticism, hopefully I don't fall under that category. I would be very pleasantly surprised if an afterlife did exist, but I'm not just going to take it on faith.

I repeat, current science doubles it's knowledge base every three to five years. Our science is indeed immature and obviously indicates, by it's very nature, great area for growth.

The reporter's aware that supernatural is afoot. A few interviews plus spent an evening here trying to get an angle, witnessing the paranormal team at work. I honestly have no idea what his write up will be, his work is cut-out I think.

I'm sure much of the world is ready for this. Personally I am too, just rather "watching on" instead of coping with it 24/7 alone.

Don't trust the media to present it the way you want it presented. You will have to go to someone, some media who respects what you are presenting. Mainstream media will butcher your intents and your life. I speak from experience.

We know that people do, and have made things up.

Then there is mental illness.

There is the theory, just like the current theory of spiritual psychosis, that states that higher levels of spirituality can indeed border on insane, which is why you need a teacher. Yatri wrote about it all pretty good. Karl Jung went thru it, as did Nietche.

Edited by regeneratia

There was this mental hospital that would let it's patients out during the day.There was this one women that would stop by my workplace, and converse with me along with my coworkers.She thought president Clinton was spying on her.She also believed that she became invisible by holding her breath.Me and my coworkers would pretend not to see her when she held her breath.

Now just imagine people with a 1/4 of her beliefs having internet access.

I have not had a Red Bull in a long while, but the can next to my computer is mostly red.

Statistics show that most internet users already believe the government is spying on them. :innocent: ANd of course she thought she was invisible, especially when you validated that belief.

Statistics show that most internet users already believe the government is spying on them. :innocent: ANd of course she thought she was invisible, especially when you validated that belief.

Well this was before mass internet use, and now that you mention it, we should have worn Bill Clinton masks...Oh well.

There is the theory, just like the current theory of spiritual psychosis, that states that higher levels of spirituality can indeed border on insane, which is why you need a teacher. Yatri wrote about it all pretty good. Karl Jung went thru it, as did Nietche.

The mind is a fantastic machine.People can compartment one belief, and compartment another belief that contradicts the other belief.

• Like 1

The mind is a fantastic machine.People can compartment one belief, and compartment another belief that contradicts the other belief.

And the dissonance between the two beliefs a person holds is called cognitive dissonance,... if they know that the two are contradictory. But every one has this. It is normal. Everyone is filled with contradictions.

Yesterday I saw a hypnotherapist and had past life regression therapy the phobia I went to get rid of was cured but the experience wasn't as spiritual as I thought and now I'm having a harder time holding onto my beliefs if anyone has any recent evidence of the afterlife please show me I need this worse then you can ever know

Hmmmmmmmm is an unexplained mysteries site the best place to seek evidence of afterlife???