Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Matrix-like learning 'within 30 years'

UM-Bot

The ability to learn a whole new skill almost instantly could be available within just a few decades.

In hit movie 'The Matrix', Keanu Reeves' character Neo learns extensive martial arts expertise in a matter of hours by having the information directly downloaded in to his brain through a computer. But what if we could do something similar in real life ?

Read More: http://www.unexplain...within-30-years

They may eventually be able to implant a form of accessible knowledge like martial arts, but the body will not be conditioned to use those skills! Muscles and natural reflexes take years of training to be able to execute the moves and methods used in unarmed combat!

I see this as quite feasible,when you hear about people who received head injuries and apparently gaining new skills,you have to wonder if the mechanism inside the brain exists to acquire new skills in this way.

The theory would be there, but not the practical!

A dangerous combination to be quite honest!

Well we as a species do tend to turn advancements to new ways of destroying each other.

This would work for knowledge, but I can't see if giving you any kind of muscle memory. That would take practice.

This would work for knowledge, but I can't see if giving you any kind of muscle memory. That would take practice.

Muscles need honed and conditioned, there is no quick fix for sweat and hard work

But, we could learn languages, etc! How exciting. :)

When we think cow and white, milk probably comes to mind ... I believe the challenge will not be the assimilation of chunked data. Rather, linking the chunked data so that it can be meaningfully accessed through a range of cognitive associations.

Being the paranoid that I am, all I can think about here is the possibility for mind control. Learning the works of Shakespear might be benign but what else would you be able to "teach" someone with a pill?

This is not really learning but merely a new way of memorizing without actually understanding anything.

Sure, it would be great to speak Japanese, for example, just by downloading it but all it will be is automatic reflex responses and not actual understanding.

No..I do not see this as a reality. It's a pleasant lie however but in the end it is still a lie.

I call shenanigans, do not think so.

Oh this reminds me of nice old Scifi story i have read. In the end it didnt go very well.

Oh well, it's never going to come true anyway so .. . .

I personally think even the prophets of science have some wishful thinking.

They should start with a woman pill to instant orgasm

There is a spot easy to locate, outside any secondary sex organs that can bring one to orgasm, stimulated merely by cognition. You just have to know it is there and know how to get it to work.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

As long as I don't have to plug into anything, I just can't wait!

As long as I don't have to plug into anything, I just can't wait!

I will tell you what, there were times in nursing school where I did want to eliminate the need for a petty, unenlightened nursing instructor.

Kindergarten to College graduate in a few easy downloads. They could enter the workforce decades earlier. Imagine the benefits to the economy!

Yeah well... combine this with the body-modification tech, not just mechanical but the purely biological modifications like hormones etc, then you might have instant firemen and kung fu teachers. Like going to a McDonalds