Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran is building mock-up of US carrier

toast

No, I got it right. I'm not an Iranian apologist, and I'll take my own country over any other, especially over that of a fanatical Islamic terrorist state.

Why do u see Iran as 'fanatical Islamic terrorist state'? Just curious.

Because they're building a Nuke, and once they've got it they're going to flatten Israel. Their former President said so one time. The funny thing is, that if the President of the USA, or the British Prime Minister, was to say some such bluster (they'd do so more subtly, of course, but they've said much the same thing many times) everyone understands it as bluster, and understands that probably the President or PM himself didn't even mean it literally. If it's the President of one of those countries that the US has decreed a Rogue State, though, apparently they mean every single word they say.

• Like 3

Ok, what makes you think I am underestimating Iran? What, in the past history of these two countries, can you possibly show that makes Iran an equal to the US in military matters? What makes you think they will fight to the last man standing?

Iraq ended up with the mother of all surrenders--and it, then, had a more powerful force than Iran does now. Look up Operation: Praying Mantis (and that was when Iran had a better navy than it does now). It's preposterous to think that they stand any sort of chance against the US.

I'm not underestimating Iran at all. You're overestimating them, and underestimating the US (though with Obama in charge, be certain that we aren't as strong as we could be).

I'm sorry that Iran terrifies you so much. Do some research, you'll feel better afterward.

Then why are you so worried about the threat they pose the world, if they're such a hopeless bunch of incompetent buffoons?

• Like 1

Because they're building a Nuke, and once they've got it they're going to flatten Israel. Their former President said so one time. The funny thing is, that if the President of the USA, or the British Prime Minister, was to say some such bluster (they'd do so more subtly, of course, but they've said much the same thing many times) everyone understands it as bluster, and understands that probably the President or PM himself didn't even mean it literally. If it's the President of one of those countries that the US has decreed a Rogue State, though, apparently they mean every single word they say.

I assumed its all because they are enemies of Israel and there is no real life evidence for any of that claims. Thanks for providing more info about it and for your explanation.

Then why are you so worried about the threat they pose the world, if they're such a hopeless bunch of incompetent buffoons?

:)

You wouldn't say anything openly if Israel WAS flattened, nor would any of the other haters here. As such your opinion on this issue is suspect, to say the least.

I never said I was worried. How did you come up with that?

I read once that the Samurai outlawed firearms in Japan. It was unacceptable to them that a peasant could kill a warrior with such a device.
  • Like 1

They will try to flatten Israel. Iran isn't much of a match for them, either.

• Like 1

Fanatical Islam is too ingrained within the state, and the Iranians use Islam as a means to spread hatred and violence. Iran supports terrorist activities all around the Middle East, and elsewhere. Hence the words "Fanatical" "Islamic" "Terrorist" "State".

I never said I was worried. How did you come up with that?

You said they were a fanatical Islamic terrorist state.

You said they were a fanatical Islamic terrorist state.

Yes...and?

It sounds very much as if you're afraid of them, from your use of the words "fanatical Islamic terrorist state." Therefore a reasonable conclusion to draw might be that you were afraid of them.

Anyway, this is becoming yet another thread about how Iran is a Fanatical Islamic Terrorist State, isn't it, rather than discussing this latest foul & fiendish plot they've come up with. Although perhaps the assumption in the article that started this off is so silly that there's not very much that can be said about it.

It sounds very much as if you're afraid of them, from your use of the words "fanatical Islamic terrorist state." Therefore a reasonable conclusion to draw might be that you were afraid of them.

Actually, it would be the opposite. A irrational conclusion to draw would be to think that I am afraid of them in absence of any posts made by me stating that I am. I am not. You would be incorrect to think so. I find their efforts comical at this time. I stated similarly before (Wacky Iranians). They can cause trouble, yes, but they can also easily be stopped from continuing that trouble. Toy country, tin-pot dictatorship...and yes, the Fanatical Islamic Terrorist State. None of those descriptors mean "fear". They're just apt labels used to describe what Iran is now.

If you want fear of Iran, look to the other posts made in "defense" of them, specifically from Br Cornelius. I, myself, won't claim he fears Iran, as I don't know him personally and while he posted what he posted, he never used the words "fear".

But, in short. I do not fear Iran, and there is no logical reason for you to conclude so.

Anyway, this is becoming yet another thread about how Iran is a Fanatical Islamic Terrorist State, isn't it, rather than discussing this latest foul & fiendish plot they've come up with. Although perhaps the assumption in the article that started this off is so silly that there's not very much that can be said about it.

Well, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck...you know the rest.

Back to topic then, thanks for the posts.

• Like 1

You wouldn't say anything openly if Israel WAS flattened, nor would any of the other haters here. As such your opinion on this issue is suspect, to say the least.

Do not make such statements. The death of any humans is a crime be they Islamic or Jewish. You project your hatred onto others.

Br Cornelius

Ok, what makes you think I am underestimating Iran? What, in the past history of these two countries, can you possibly show that makes Iran an equal to the US in military matters? What makes you think they will fight to the last man standing?

Iraq ended up with the mother of all surrenders--and it, then, had a more powerful force than Iran does now. Look up Operation: Praying Mantis (and that was when Iran had a better navy than it does now). It's preposterous to think that they stand any sort of chance against the US.

I'm not underestimating Iran at all. You're overestimating them, and underestimating the US (though with Obama in charge, be certain that we aren't as strong as we could be).

I'm sorry that Iran terrifies you so much. Do some research, you'll feel better afterward.

The USA has effectively lost both the wars in Iraq and Afganistan, what makes you think that the superior state of Iran will do any worse.

You fundamentally misunderstand the nature of wars fought in foreign territory where the combatants are weakly motivated on one side but strongly motivated on the other. The conflict you are speaking of was though by highly motivated proxies, but the reality is that in the end it served to strengthen Iran and has brought the situation to a place where the long standing enemies Iran and Iraq are now an effective single unit when it comes to their attitude to foreign invaders.

That can hardly be considered a result for America.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

The USA has effectively lost both the wars in Iraq and Afganistan, what makes you think that the superior state of Iran will do any worse.

Actually, there was no military defeat of the US at all. But, that point has been argued for years now. Reminds me of how people think the US lost the Vietnam War--we didn't. But, again, that's for another subject.

You fundamentally misunderstand the nature of wars fought of foreign territory where the combatants are weakly motivated on one side but strongly motivated on the other.

Br Cornelius

If you're are specifically referring to me, then you have it wrong. There is no misunderstanding on my part. It's all very clear. You know nothing about me. If you are referring to someone else, I'm sure the same answer will apply.

BUT, this if off topic, and getting worse--and yes, part of it was my fault. If you want to start up a thread defending Iran and bashing the US, then do so (if the mods allow it). Otherwise, let's get back on track here and continue talking about Iran's current silly waste of time and money--their mock aircraft carrier.

• Like 1

Actually, it would be the opposite. A irrational conclusion to draw would be to think that I am afraid of them in absence of any posts made by me stating that I am. I am not. You would be incorrect to think so. I find their efforts comical at this time. I stated similarly before (Wacky Iranians). They can cause trouble, yes, but they can also easily be stopped from continuing that trouble. Toy country, tin-pot dictatorship...and yes, the Fanatical Islamic Terrorist State. None of those descriptors mean "fear". They're just apt labels used to describe what Iran is now.

If you want fear of Iran, look to the other posts made in "defense" of them, specifically from Br Cornelius. I, myself, won't claim he fears Iran, as I don't know him personally and while he posted what he posted, he never used the words "fear".

But, in short. I do not fear Iran, and there is no logical reason for you to conclude so.

Well, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck...you know the rest.

Back to topic then, thanks for the posts.

They are a Radical Islamic terrorist State were the words you typed on your keyboard. If you were not afraid of them, you would not use these words. Why call someone you're not afraid of terrorists? That's illogical.

Anyway, this is all pedantry, isn't it.

They are a Radical Islamic terrorist State were the words you typed on your keyboard. If you were not afraid of them, you would not use these words. Why call someone you're not afraid of terrorists? That's illogical.

My label used has nothing to do with fear--the word fear was not used, to think that I call someone terrorists means that I am afraid of them is not rational. I am typing these words to you from my own keyboard: I do not fear Iran. How can you misunderstand that?

Anyway, this is all pedantry, isn't it.

Oh, yes, but not in the same capacity you I think you are referring to.

I am asking nicely to return to the topic at hand, especially before a mod comes in and yells at us.

Otherwise, let's get back on track here and continue talking about Iran's current silly waste of time and money--their mock aircraft carrier.

See, the point is, if Iran is such a useless bunch of buffoons, then why do people worry so much that they're such a grave danger to the very existence of Israel? Anyway, if we want to talk about silly waste of time and money, I'm sure we could all come up with a list of such things, no doubt costing very much more, that the US or British govts. have come up with.

See, the point is, if Iran is such a useless bunch of buffoons, then why do people worry so much that they're such a grave danger to the very existence of Israel?

I'm not worried about Israel. They can handle Iran. Other people can worry all they want to, but there's nothing wrong with posting a counter argument to their fears.

Anyway, if we want to talk about silly waste of time and money, I'm sure we could all come up with a list of such things, no doubt costing very much more, that the US or British govts. have come up with.

Which has nothing to do with the topic at hand--Iran's mock aircraft carrier.

Edited by Hida Akechi

Actually, there was no military defeat of the US at all. But, that point has been argued for years now. Reminds me of how people think the US lost the Vietnam War--we didn't. But, again, that's for another subject.

If you're are specifically referring to me, then you have it wrong. There is no misunderstanding on my part. It's all very clear. You know nothing about me. If you are referring to someone else, I'm sure the same answer will apply.

BUT, this if off topic, and getting worse--and yes, part of it was my fault. If you want to start up a thread defending Iran and bashing the US, then do so (if the mods allow it). Otherwise, let's get back on track here and continue talking about Iran's current silly waste of time and money--their mock aircraft carrier.

i believe it was your fault, and I believe that in all four instances you referenced America walked away because they couldn't handle the loses. If you don't call that defeat then thats your problem.

I suppose however, if you represent the Military Industrial complex - nothings a defeat :tu:

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

i believe it was your fault, and I believe that in all four instances you referenced America walked away because they couldn't handle the loses. If you don't call that defeat then thats your problem.

I suppose however, if you represent the Military Industrial complex - nothings a defeat :tu:

Br Cornelius

SIGH

Now I've got a better idea of the type of person you are. Thanks for the illumination. And, "walked away" didn't happen at all--you need to read a bit more. But, if you want to continue to troll this thread with your useless posts, then by all means, keep at it instead of returning to the topic at hand. Like I said, start a new thread about how much you hate the Military Industrial Complex, your reasons for your hatred, and why you think that the US is so weak and can't win any wars.

This is the last time I'm responding to you--but don't worry, I'm not "walking away", I'm just tuning out the excess noise level; it's getting a bit screechy. Just so you won't be confused--though I'm sure you'll post otherwise. :tu:

This is why I should have avoided the Politics section like I promised myself.

Edited by Hida Akechi
  • Like 1

I see nothing to indicate that it is anything more than a plywood barge (shipyard). It’s easy enough to find the spot in Google Maps. Its use is probably for something like testing or even propaganda. Maybe they’re remaking “Hot Shots” and this is the USS (IRIN) Essess. Maybe they got Mohamen Mehdi Ouazanni to play Obama where they drop a bomb on him.

I don’t think it is a coincident that Iran is doing things like this now. I suspect that China, NK, and others will start to challenge American Hegemony because of Crimea. The Crimea isn’t really our concern but it reveals how weak we’ve gotten. Our lack of leadership emboldens this treat to world peace. We can have all the most advanced technology but without the will and the line leadership and boots on the ground with top notch training, it is all for naught. Putin has a clear vision and the will to achieve what he wants and we are a paper tiger. There is nothing good that will come of this.