Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran is building mock-up of US carrier

toast

I see nothing to indicate that it is anything more than a plywood barge (shipyard). It's easy enough to find the spot in Google Maps. Its use is probably for something like testing or even propaganda. Maybe they're remaking "Hot Shots" and this is the USS (IRIN) Essess. Maybe they got Mohamen Mehdi Ouazanni to play Obama where they drop a bomb on him.

I don't think it is a coincident that Iran is doing things like this now. I suspect that China, NK, and others will start to challenge American Hegemony because of Crimea. The Crimea isn't really our concern but it reveals how weak we've gotten. Our lack of leadership emboldens this treat to world peace. We can have all the most advanced technology but without the will and the line leadership and boots on the ground with top notch training, it is all for naught. Putin has a clear vision and the will to achieve what he wants and we are a paper tiger. There is nothing good that will come of this.

How would you like to be Taiwan just now? Or South Korea? The idiots that elected this spineless buffoon are clueless of the danger they created.

I suspect you are vastly underestimating Iran. The only way America could win a war against Iran is if they flattened the whole country. They fight differently to the US and they fight for different reasons - but do not doubt that they would fight to the last man standing.

Br Cornelius

It pains me to say it... but Br' is spot on here.

Land invasion of Iran ?

Just ask Saddam Hussein. He tried it... and go this fingers burnt.

Could America do it ?

No... they need the co-operation of Europe and the Gulf States in order to pre-position their troops and equipment.

And - after the lies of Afghanistan/Iraq - Europe and the Gulf States simply don't trust US intelligence estimates any more.

No staging/assembly points... no overflight permissions... no war.

• Like 1

"Captain America isn't propaganda. It's just a damn fine movie." ~ Armchair General

How would you like to be Taiwan just now? Or South Korea? The idiots that elected this spineless buffoon are clueless of the danger they created.

I don't understand why I should care more about Taiwanese becoming Chinese as I do Ukrainians becoming Russians. If China invaded Taiwan and took it over completely in about 48 hours flat, I hope the US wouldn't start WWIII over it.

If North Korea invades South Korea, the US will intervene. The difference? It's not the promises we keep. It's who we can bully and who we can't. We can't bully Russia or China on their own borders.

But we can still dress up in Obama lingerie, and pretend he's so much different than all those other Presidents who just hung out when Stalin was cracking down on E. Europe with an iron fist. :whistle:

I can see the headlines already: "Putin surrounds Berlin! Obama bombs German kids with candy!"

• Like 2

It pains me to say it... but Br' is spot on here.

Land invasion of Iran ?

Just ask Saddam Hussein. He tried it... and go this fingers burnt.

Could America do it ?

No... they need the co-operation of Europe and the Gulf States in order to pre-position their troops and equipment.

And - after the lies of Afghanistan/Iraq - Europe and the Gulf States simply don't trust US intelligence estimates any more.

No staging/assembly points... no overflight permissions... no war.

Exactly.

How many troops did America lose in the Iraqi invasion? Around 5000?

Back home public support for the on going invasion was diminishing everyday with daily reports of american lives being lost and families grieving. Protesting the invasion in front of the White House was common and rightly so.

When Obama and 2007 came along it seemed like a god send for the majority who were sick and tired of witnessing the pain and anguish of loved ones returning home in body bags. I felt the pain here in Canada and it didn't have any troops in Iraq.

Fast forward to today. Iran's population is double the population of Iraqs 35 million. The Persians are a proud nation. They've withstood the test of time of over 6000 years. They aren't going anywhere and I seriously doubt they will roll over and succumb to western imperialism.

Edited by acidhead

Yup Iran and Syria are tough nuts to crack ..... You are sending weakly motivated soldiers who fight for a salary against a proud nation which has 8000 years of history and culture behind them .... If you are so foolish, prepare to lose

• Like 1

We've wanted Muslims fighting each other and causing as much carnage and destruction to one another as possible. It's the same in Syria today as it was in Iran-Iraq 30 years ago. Stalemate is the stated policy, and just looking at our history of interventionism, we don't care what the divisions are that cause these rifts among Muslims; we operate on purely political lines. We'll sell Iran its entire air force after a dictator overthrows an elected leader. We'll coddle Sunni despots in Riyadh and Cairo at the same time. We'll help Saddam Hussein invade his neighbor after our favorite Iranian dictator gets overthrown in a revolution. We'll shoot down an Iranian airliner and not even apologize for it. We'll sail our Navy in and look for excuses to start shooting. We'll engage in economic warfare for over 30 years and then pretend it's some newfangled reason why we can't get along.

If I wanted to do everything I could not to get along with Iran, I'd rewind and replay the same old tape.

"No escape from the mass mind rape

Play it again Jack, and then rewind the tape

And then play it again, and again, and again

Until your mind is locked-in

Believin all the lies that they're tellin ya

Buyin all the products that they're sellin ya

They say jump, and you say "how high?"

You're brain-dead, ya gotta **** bullet in your head"

~Z. De La Rocha

Edited by Yamato

Yup Iran and Syria are tough nuts to crack ..... You are sending weakly motivated soldiers who fight for a salary against a proud nation which has 8000 years of history and culture behind them .... If you are so foolish, prepare to lose

Funny thing about bombs, they don't get into philosophical discussions. No one has said anything about invading Iran even though it's been an ongoing mantra among the left. If Israel or the US were to apply high explosives liberally to Iran's nuclear infrastructure then no bomb would be forthcoming for awhile longer. No doubt Iran would attack whoever they felt was responsible but they would only do so at arm's length. Ballistic missiles and terror attacks. No armies would mass and move into other's territory. It might be interesting to see the world's reaction to it. I suspect that even though many countries in the region would be breathing a sigh of relief, whoever dropped the bombs would receive unanymous censure. IOW hypocrisy at it's finest. Either the world is serious about nuclear proliferation or it isn't and since we know it isn't we need not mourn when the bombs finally begin to bloom. We will have brought it on ourselves through cowardice.

SK isn't capable of defending itself against Chubby (who really does fit the definition of buffoon), and has to rely on Uncle Sam? That's not putting much faith in valued allies. As for Taiwan, well, much as Yam said, when did that become a concern of the US? When Formosa was strategically useful tot he US, and since then US support for it has been a bit of an anachronism, hasn't it.

As for Taiwan, well, much as Yam said, when did that become a concern of the US?

For and then, everything is a rogue state that needs to be taught democracy ... ahahhaha

Irans Mock up of a US carrier. like as been said, could be used for target practice, could also used as platform at sea, might be converted to a Full carrier in the future? or possibly sunk in the event of possible attack and be used as a underwater obstacle to block the straits of Hormuz the strait although 30-35 miles wide the shipping lane is only 4 miles wide and less than 50 meters deep.

2012-02-25+002.jpg

Edited by stevewinn

Fanatical Islam is too ingrained within the state, and the Iranians use Islam as a means to spread hatred and violence. Iran supports terrorist activities all around the Middle East, and elsewhere. Hence the words "Fanatical" "Islamic" "Terrorist" "State".

You know what US does support terrorist all over the world.In fact Taliban was an US creation.

Then lets say US is a fanatical terrorist state

• Like 2

American terror is the biggest of all ...

• Like 1

You know what US does support terrorist all over the world.In fact Taliban was an US creation.

Then lets say US is a fanatical terrorist state

Nah.. the US does things for money and power. The real fanatics strap bombs on and kill innocents intentionally to terrorize others - usually in the name of their god.. Neither are good things but one seems completely rational while the other is just scary sick.
  • Like 1

Well, some might say that the previous President was motivated just as much by his religious motivations (his loyal Ally, Tony Blair, i think certainly was); and besides, "Freedom" and "Democracy" and Free Market Economics, (and just as much, Communism, of course) aren't they all effectively ideologies too? They're all belief systems that people fervently hold and often believe others should be made to enjoy too, whether they want them or not.

• Like 1

Nah.. the US does things for money and power. The real fanatics strap bombs on and kill innocents intentionally to terrorize others - usually in the name of their god.. Neither are good things but one seems completely rational while the other is just scary sick.

So all prisoner convicted for arm robbery,drug dealing,weapon smuggling,professional killing and many more crime like this should be released from prison

Since they have all done these crime for money

So all prisoner convicted for arm robbery,drug dealing,weapon smuggling,professional killing and many more crime like this should be released from prison

Since they have all done these crime for money

We weren't talking about criminal activity per se, we were talking about fanatics. One does not need to be a fanatic to be a common criminal.

I've looked closely at all 5 pages for one word...........movie. Iran is making a movie using the mock up carrier # 65 attached to a barge. The movie relates the third American cruiser named the U.S.S. Vincennes.

http://www.reuters.c...EA2M0KX20140323

snippet....

(Reuters) - A replica of a U.S. aircraft carrier spotted near the coast of Iran is nothing more sinister than a movie set, Iranian media said on Sunday.

The New York Times, quoting U.S. intelligence, said last week that the Iranians were building a mock-up of a U.S. nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, possibly so they could then blow it up for propaganda purposes.

Satellite photos showed what looked like one of the U.S. Navy's Nimitz-class aircraft carriers, complete with planes, rising from Iran's Gachin shipyard, near the port of Bandar Abbas.

Iranian newspapers said it was "part of the decor" of a movie being made by Iranian director Nader Talebzadeh on the 1988 shooting down of an Iran Air civilian plane by the USS Vincennes. The United States says the downing of the plane, which killed all 290 passengers and crew, was an accident. :(

Edited by Malaria_Kidd
  • Like 1

The same reason Hollywood does.

But Hollywood was...

It would surely cost many millions of dollars to make this mockup, and what would it provide that a few Apple Mac's and some 3D/CGI software couldn't give ? (in tandem with small-scale models and stages).

Gardener is skeptical of this explanation. I mean.. it's POSSIBLE... but it seems an odd way to go about making a movie.

A replica of a U.S. aircraft carrier spotted near the coast of Iran is nothing more sinister than a movie set, Iranian media said on Sunday.

I wouldn`t trust the date on an iranian newspaper, so I don`t believe this story.

Now, if it had been a UFO in the dockyards instead of an aircraft carrier, we'd be all for it !!!

• Like 2

:blink:

It is hard to believe the new york times is printing truths. They have been found to lie too, too, too many times. It is your option to believe it. But if you are objective, you will ask yourself just how accurate this really is when it comes from the NYT. Hey they canot even sell their papers anymore, because no one volunteers to be lied to.

You know mainstream media is deeply into perception control. Are you going to be controlled in your perceptions? These are things you have to ask yourself.

I refuse to allow anyone to direct my hatred and fear.

That photo above reminds me of a specific speech made to the UN by Colin Powell. LOL. Lie, lie, lie.

Edited by regeneratia

Well, some might say that the previous President was motivated just as much by his religious motivations (his loyal Ally, Tony Blair, i think certainly was); and besides, "Freedom" and "Democracy" and Free Market Economics, (and just as much, Communism, of course) aren't they all effectively ideologies too? They're all belief systems that people fervently hold and often believe others should be made to enjoy too, whether they want them or not.

Yeah, that is what that dasterd told you to get you to tag along. But his actions moved the opposite direction. I remind you, guns were confiscated from citizens under Bush, at a time when citizens really needed them AND at a time that the US Constitution provided for the citizens' use of guns.

How can you trust someone who thinks he is the only one god talks to?

Edited by regeneratia