Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious plume detected in New Mexico

UM-Bot

Someone blew up something

Has anyone thought about why the so called weather event is being called a plume?

Volcano....

http://en.wikipedia....olcanic_plume

The person that was watching the online display labeled it a plume without regard to knowing what it was. They might as well have labeled it chemtrail or vortex to get people's attention. For now it's just a word.

• Like 1

I think its time someone did detonate another nuke above ground. Pacific. Fifteen megatons. Night detonation. Warhead packed out with modern up to date technology. Toss in some old ships and some expendable protestors and fishermen to test the affects of the blast and radiation, the party will be better than Guy Fawkes night.

I'm confused as to why it's news? Plume of smoke at a missle testing site, It doesn't really seem out of the ordinary :S Don't missles usually create smoke when they blow? Testing a bigger missle as a nuclear alternative? I'm confused :S.

Storm. Not the mutant super-hero, but the natural phenomenon.

There is this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOAB

But even that doesn't produce a radar hit that big. So, once again: a storm.

Probably 'just' another missile test. The US are too concerned with complaining about NorthKorea's tests while pretending to be all innocent. They are unlikely to announce that they have made or will be making any new tests.

Probably 'just' another missile test. The US are too concerned with complaining about NorthKorea's tests while pretending to be all innocent. They are unlikely to announce that they have made or will be making any new tests.

Huh? Difference is the United States isn't a threat to it's neighbors, North Korea is. We can test all the missiles we want to.

Geez, the woodwork is full of the crazies right now, and they're flooding all of the forums I am part of!!!

Conventional weapons can cause a plume...It does not have to be a nuclear detonation to cause the effect reported. The only thing is that this occurred over a three hour period. It would only take a few minutes for a non-nuclear explosion to create a plume. I think that this is some type of atmospheric anomaly. I do not think any kind of explosion is the cause.

Conventional weapons can cause a plume...It does not have to be a nuclear detonation to cause the effect reported. The only thing is that this occurred over a three hour period. It would only take a few minutes for a non-nuclear explosion to create a plume. I think that this is some type of atmospheric anomaly. I do not think any kind of explosion is the cause.

We used to drop 2,000 Lb dumb bombs form my aircraft and that thing looked like a mini-nuke had gone off. Drop four in a string and it is pretty impressive.

• Like 1