Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A nice Martian Landscape

Zeta Reticulum

When you look at the right edge of the picture with the zoom, there are tracks. Are they from the rover?

When you look at the right edge of the picture with the zoom, there are tracks. Are they from the rover?

Yes.

• Like 1

Funny how the near mountains at RHS of photo look like some areas are covered in green vegetation.

http://www.db-prods....1_Mastcam34.jpg

Pretty sure if they wanted to hide the fact that Mars is indeed full of life they wouldn't release a photo showing a bunch of plants...

What a marvelous picture.

Awesome pic, couldn't grow very much there though, looks bleak and dry.

Pretty sure if they wanted to hide the fact that Mars is indeed full of life they wouldn't release a photo showing a bunch of plants...

Fair enough... funny thin is though, after saving the picture to file, then opening and zooming further on those mountains, not only does the colour

become clearer, but also the definition between grey rock, and "green vegetation", with the shape of some "vegetation" also evident.

it's an amazing picture, but i don't see anything resembling vegetation. could you point out specifically which areas you're talking about?

Fair enough... funny thin is though, after saving the picture to file, then opening and zooming further on those mountains, not only does the colour

become clearer, but also the definition between grey rock, and "green vegetation", with the shape of some "vegetation" also evident.

May I ask what program you are using? Color should most definitely not change when you are simply zooming..

Why not show us what you mean? If you are not sure how to do this, just ask...

May I ask what program you are using? Color should most definitely not change when you are simply zooming..

Why not show us what you mean? If you are not sure how to do this, just ask...

I have zoomed up section to show, but unsure how to show it here

Had you answered the question I asked, I would have been able to help a little less blindly... Sigh...

Assuming you are doing this in some version of windows, just save the file as a JPG (or if it doesn't save the zoomed version, use your Print Screen key combination to copy what you see on screen into memory, then Ctrl-V to paste that into a new blank image in whatever image editor you have (even Paint will do, and you could draw little arrows on it), crop it as required and save that as a JPG file..). Then, compose your post here using the full editor (click on More Reply Options), and then use the ATTACH FILES function.

BTW, your original image link is now broken - it is best to always use the NASA source to link/identify the files, and give the NASA filename. We can find it if necessary, but it makes life more difficult..

Had you answered the question I asked, I would have been able to help a little less blindly... Sigh...

Assuming you are doing this in some version of windows, just save the file as a JPG (or if it doesn't save the zoomed version, use your Print Screen key combination to copy what you see on screen into memory, then Ctrl-V to paste that into a new blank image in whatever image editor you have (even Paint will do, and you could draw little arrows on it), crop it as required and save that as a JPG file..). Then, compose your post here using the full editor (click on More Reply Options), and then use the ATTACH FILES function.

BTW, your original image link is now broken - it is best to always use the NASA source to link/identify the files, and give the NASA filename. We can find it if necessary, but it makes life more difficult..

Thanks, will try it soon when I get more time.... funny how this particular image has now been withdrawn - here is what google now says

Your search - Sol571_Mastcam34.jpg - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

• Make sure that all words are spelled correctly.
  • Try different keywords.
  • Try more general keywords.

funny how this particular image has now been withdrawn

Two points,

Firstly it is not an image, it is a mosaic of images.

Secondly the images HAVEN'T been withdrawn. The site you linked to may no longer have it but if you had googled, "Curiosity, Mastcam, NASA and Sol 571" you wold have found the original images in about 10 seconds HERE.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
  • Like 1