Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Maybe caught a orb.

Zelaox

Hello my friends, i watched through my videos from my ip-cam and find this,i cant tell what it is, thank you for the answers :)

Looks like a moth or some other flying insect by the way it moves.

• Like 4

:tu:

• Like 4

Dust in the wind, wait, or was it an orb?

I got an idea, instead for trying to captue orb and so. i have to try to give questions and see if I get answers :) or what do you think

I'm kind of skeptical about this being a moth. Watching the speed it blinks, the film would have to have been slown down for an insect.

I'm kind of skeptical about this being a moth. Watching the speed it blinks, the film would have to have been slown down for an insect.

What?

These have been proven. Even " ghost hunters " ( God that almost made me sick to type it ) have proven this, and accepted it.

• Like 2

A recent 'ghost hunting' episode captured the same thing, they too were curious for the flashing effect and for such labeled it as authentic evidence.

You know what might be helpful, some actual footage of a variety of known insects filmed flying in IR light.

I searched for and found a couple examples but they were of insects sitting still, not in flight.

A recent 'ghost hunting' episode captured the same thing, they too were curious for the flashing effect and for such labeled it as authentic evidence.

You know what might be helpful, some actual footage of a variety of known insects filmed flying in IR light.

I searched for and found a couple examples but they were of insects sitting still, not in flight.

cctv cameras.....Just watch for an hour on a summer night.

And, those videos are all over. Just google " orb caught on video ", or " ghost caught on video ", or " UFO caught on video ".

I doubt anyone went out and filmed known types of numerous bugs individually, on IR, just to prove that they are not ghosts, UFO,s, or ORB's.

Your best shot is googling documentaries in jungle type environments. I have seen quite a few on TV, with many bugs doing the same as the OP.

" Rods " are insects. They were thought by many ( still some ) to be space ships, or a unknown entity. There was a site that explained them very well, with video and pictures.

• Like 1

I searched too but like you said, it was only on insects sitting still :P

It looks like a muted laser beam being directed about, note when it hit or passes corners.....not even insects would make that kind of stretch.... :)

that definitely looks like an insect

Well maybe it is, but i dont have my windows open in the night or in fact, it is not often i have the windows open at all :)

Orbs, whilst I believe they do represent the very early stages of ghost manifestations, it has come to the point these days that the vast majority can be attributed to dust, dirt, smears on lens, insects, lasers, reflections, light flares etc etc - no one who does not believe in ghosts is going to be swayed by an orb whether it looks authentic or not. It flickers a little and has a distinct direction with some up and down changes. I can't say whether it is real. Whilst I believe in ghosts as a mechanism of released/activated energy (I believe in intelligent ghosts but the circumstances seem very different to the stored/mechanical types), I am very skeptical on most orb documentations as they can be misconstrued so easily (and willingly by enthusiasts). It's very hard to distinguish between fake and real but I believe the orb phenomena is early stage manifestation, the drawing energy stage so to speak.

It's very hard to distinguish between fake and real but I believe the orb phenomena is early stage manifestation, the drawing energy stage so to speak.

" very hard " ?

" fake and real " ?

Can you explain both ?

• Like 2

I searched too but like you said, it was only on insects sitting still :P

Ah yes, the OP. Given you have the camera equipment and a youtube account, perhaps you could [please] try to video a fly and a moth in the same environment you captured the video subject of this topic for comparison?

• Like 2

I got an idea, instead for trying to captue orb and so. i have to try to give questions and see if I get answers :) or what do you think

You mean ask the orb questions?

Well, another post in another thread (don't remember either at this moment) said, worst case scenario, you'll just be talking to yourself. :)

Orbs, whilst I believe they do represent the very early stages of ghost manifestations, it has come to the point these days that the vast majority can be attributed to dust, dirt, smears on lens, insects, lasers, reflections, light flares etc etc - no one who does not believe in ghosts is going to be swayed by an orb whether it looks authentic or not.

Many paranormal investigators, that clearly accept the possiblity that ''ghost'' exist are not swayed by orbs. The reason is that there are credible scientific photographic explanations that can cover just about every orb pictures and footages. In paranormal investigations, natural and rational explanations should be considered first and foremost.

You can take a look at this, it's an interesting document by the Southern State Paranormal Research Society that explains in details why orbs cannot be used as proof of paranormal activity.

http://ssprstn.tripod.com/id65.html

It's very hard to distinguish between fake and real but I believe the orb phenomena is early stage manifestation, the drawing energy stage so to speak.

I've read about accounts of people claiming to have seen colored orbs flotating around with their own eyes. While it's quite strange, it's very hard for me to accept these accounts without solid evidence.

Orbs caught on camera are often mesinterpreted and put forward as evidence when it's not. I do not exclude that if ''ghosts'' exist, some type of early stage manifestation may be possible but there is no way that one can actually prove that with a picture. Natural explanations give satisfying answers to these pictures and videos.

Edited by sam_comm

" very hard " ?

" fake and real " ?

Can you explain both ?

This isn't gonna' be another "What kind of proof is needed?" thread is it?

Cause' if it is... *Shaking my fists at the sky*

• Like 1

This isn't gonna' be another "What kind of proof is needed?" thread is it?

Cause' if it is... *Shaking my fists at the sky*

That was not an answer....

• Like 2

That was not an answer....

Correct, you get a gold star for the day.

As for an answer, you knew when you wrote that post that you'd either get fluff opinions or no answer at all.

Correct, you get a gold star for the day.

As for an answer, you knew when you wrote that post that you'd either get fluff opinions or no answer at all.

Why the sarcasm? This is a " discussion " board.

I want to know how you distinguish if they are real over fake.

And why it is very hard, or how that is even possible

If you have no answer fine, but no need for snide remarks.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

Why the sarcasm? This is a " discussion " board.

Indeed, my apologies.

I want to know how you distinguish if they are real over fake.

And why it is very hard, or how that is even possible

That POV came from another member.

If you have no answer fine, but no need for snide remarks.

My bad brother, i get that way sometimes.

• Like 1