Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vaccines Did not Save us.. Statistics

Scrunchkruckets

My Homeopath was at a talk this weekend on Vaccines..She gave me this website.

This is the data the drug industry do not want you to see. Here 2 centuries of UK, USA and Australian official death statistics show conclusively and scientifically modern medicine is not responsible for and played little part in substantially improved life expectancy and survival from disease in western economies.

The main advances in combating disease over 200 years have been better food and clean drinking water. Improved sanitation, less overcrowded and better living conditions also contribute. This is also borne out in published peer reviewed research:

http://childhealthsa...ess.com/graphs/

Edited by Scrunchkruckets

Unfortunately, this article is very biased because of this blogger's belief in homeopathy. The arguments are only concentrated on the cons of vaccinations. Homeopathy and vaccinations both have their benefits and risks.

Don't get me wrong. The drug companies are there to make money, That's why there's no actual cure for the common cold of flu. The vaccination is only a temporary resistance, but it works.

• Like 5

Considering that Homeopathy itself is a fraud then I suspect the veracity of the OP's Homeopath's link.

Homeopathy is a fraud (LINK NHS): http://www.nhs.uk/co...troduction.aspx

well it cured my psorisis that i had all my life. and it cured my mums migraines.

• Like 3

Unfortunately, this article is very biased because of this blogger's belief in homeopathy. The arguments are only concentrated on the cons of vaccinations. Homeopathy and vaccinations both have their benefits and risks.

Don't get me wrong. The drug companies are there to make money, That's why there's no actual cure for the common cold of flu. The vaccination is only a temporary resistance, but it works.

it wasnt a talk for homeopaths. it just happened to be on and she went to it..

www.informedparent.co.uk

Edited by Scrunchkruckets

Puts me in the mind of Mark Twain:

"There are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics"

• Like 4

Considering that Homeopathy itself is a fraud then I suspect the veracity of the OP's Homeopath's link.

Homeopathy is a fraud (LINK NHS): http://www.nhs.uk/co...troduction.aspx

I couldn't agree more.

Granted, some 'home-remedies' do seem to work somewhat, I would never put my life or my loved one's lives on the line by believing that homeopathy is the 'cure-all' for whatever ails you.

Homeopathy resulted in the death of one the greatest men ever. All from a strep infection.

JimandMuppets.jpg

• Like 1

LOL, that is quite funny. So basically a bunch of doctors and scientists were sitting around one day and all said, "Wow, look measles, mumps and rubella are almost completely gone... all on their own too. We'd better spend valuable time and money on a vaccine for that to make ourselves look rather important."

Here's an idea, stop immunizing the populous and watch what happens... but don't set foot near me.

• Like 3

http://www.webmd.com/balance/guide/homeopathy-topic-overview

Homeopathy is based on the idea that "like cures like." That is, if a substance causes a symptom in a healthy person, giving the person a very small amount of the same substance may cure the illness. In theory, a homeopathic dose enhances the body's normal healing and self-regulatory processes.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Homeopathy/Pages/Introduction.aspx

A central principle of the 'treatment' is that 'like cures like' – that a substance that causes certain symptoms can also help to remove those symptoms.

.... sounds like a vaccine?

• Like 4

:) Edited by Scrunchkruckets

http://www.webmd.com...-topic-overview

Homeopathy is based on the idea that "like cures like." That is, if a substance causes a symptom in a healthy person, giving the person a very small amount of the same substance may cure the illness. In theory, a homeopathic dose enhances the body's normal healing and self-regulatory processes.

http://www.nhs.uk/co...troduction.aspx

A central principle of the 'treatment' is that 'like cures like' – that a substance that causes certain symptoms can also help to remove those symptoms.

.... sounds like a vaccine?

Yeah its very good.. i find homeopathy brilliant.. Doctors are great dont get me wrong. but homeopathy would be my first choice. and they do recommend the doctor if they havent got a remedy.

Scrunch, do you have any pre-existing views on vaccinations? In what way did you examine and verify the information you found there? I trust you didn't just post it without checking anything, or looking to see if the logic used was correct, that the data was properly gathered and interpreted, and that proper inferences were made?

I'd like to hear from you, in your very own words, exactly what you found most compelling, in detail - as this is a discussion forum, wouldn't that be a better way to proceed than posting blind, uncommented links and waving your arms about?

Frankly, I find one-line replies with links a pretty good guide to the depth (or shallowness) of the 'investigation' being applied...

• Like 2

well it cured my psorisis that i had all my life. and it cured my mums migraines.

Yeah, sometimes homeopathy can give good results. But homeopathy does not provide a therapy

to avoid e.g. rubeola, rabies, polio and others.

So we are talking about a dangerous mixup of the disciplines here.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

What's "Weird Bizarre and Offbeat news" about this post?

Anyway, when I had pneumonia and suffered 3 days of difficult breathing with it - before going to the docs (thought it was 'just' a bug/flu), and they had me on the ward immediately with intravenous antibiotics ...I saw the initial cloudy xray, then an xray after 7 days of IV antibiotics showed the cloudiness virtually gone, Plus I could breathe better within hours of the first IV taking effect., so I was healed totally by current mainstream medicine. And very thankful too.

When I smashed my hand on someone's teeth which cut my knuckles open I also contracted cellulitis a day or so after, hand doubled in size, with the redness and swelling going UP MY ARM towards my brain. Again, IV antibiotics and week in hospital cured that.

Both of the conditions untreated could have killed me, so I am happy to place all my faith in todays medicines

• Like 2

Yeah, sometimes homeopathy can give good results. But homeopathy does not provide a therapy

to avoid e.g. rubeola, rabies, polio and others.

So we are talking about a dangerous mixup of the disciplines here.

Yeah they do recommend a doctor if they haven't got a remedy.

:) Edited by Scrunchkruckets

How to be a successful witch doctor: prescribe magic -- some theory the patient will buy such as Like cures Like.

If the patient gets better (as usually happens), take credit as loudly and often as you can. If not blame the patient for not doing it right and don't mention it to other patients.

You have two factors helping you -- the fact that most diseases eventually do resolve and the placebo effect.

• Like 4

Heres a visual of a drugs effectiveness at fighting off bugs.

01-05_penicillin_1.jpg

• Like 4

Heres a visual of a drugs effectiveness at fighting off bugs.

That`s wrong. The pic clearly shows an orb inside a crip circle! :yes:

• Like 5

Homeopathy works. How do I know. I DIDNT BELIEVE IN IT, and as a, last resort, I used it to save one of my cats.

It sav d two of my cats actually. Ended ones monthly, as in ONCE A MONTH, asthma episodes, with two treatments.

He never had another attack for the rest of his fourteen years life, after one am on the for the first two years of his life.

No I don't think it's a coincidence, as he had status asthmaticus half the time, and it ended right after two applications of remedy.

Vaccines are crap.

But hey, what er works for you.

• Like 1

Medicine by amateur endorsement.

As if you know anything about medicine.

I have THIRTY years working in the field itself, both sides of the coin, and I'm repeatedly told I know nothing by appliance salesmen, and professional Internet trawlers .

It's hilarious.

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 3

The UK's National Health Service says:

Homeopathy is a 'treatment' based on the use of highly diluted substances, which practitioners claim can cause the body to heal itself.

A 2010 House of Commons Science and Technology Committee report on homeopathy said that homeopathic remedies perform no better than placebos, and that the principles on which homeopathy is based are 'scientifically implausible'. This is also the view of the Chief Medical Officer, Professor Dame Sally Davies.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Homeopathy/Pages/Introduction.aspx

And, 'just one' paragraph from wiki, (do read more of too)

Plausibility

The proposed mechanisms for homeopathy are precluded from having any effect by the laws of physics and physical chemistry.

The extreme dilutions used in homeopathic preparations often leave none of the original substance in the final product. The modern mechanism proposed by homeopaths, water memory, is considered erroneous since short-range order in water only persists for about 1 picosecond.

Existence of a pharmacological effect in the absence of any true active ingredient is inconsistent with the observed dose-response relationships characteristic of therapeutic drugs (whereas placebo effects are non-specific and unrelated to pharmacological activity). The proposed rationale for these extreme dilutions – that the water contains the "memory" or "vibration" from the diluted ingredient – is counter to the laws of chemistry and physics, such as the law of mass action.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy#Evidence_and_efficacy

• Like 3