Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An angry pheasant is terrorizing a farm

seeder

A "terrorist" pheasant has been attacking vehicles and chasing cats and dogs at a Cambridgeshire farm.

Anne-Marie Hamilton said the male bird, which she described as "a complete lunatic", :lol: arrived at Wood Farm in Hail Weston three weeks ago.

A delivery driver was trapped for 20 minutes after the bird blocked his way, flew at the bonnet then chased his van. The British Trust for Ornithology said the pheasant was protecting his territory but was "a little extreme".

Mrs Hamilton said she was used to pheasants visiting her farm, but had not across this type of behaviour before. "He really has been terrorising us. He's not at all wary of people, and he chased my poor Jack Russell all the way down the farm track and back home," she said.

"The dog was exhausted". :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...eshire-26713450

I think I can help you all out there :tu:

1897_pump_shotgun.jpg

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3

that is one angry bird

• Like 1

It must have been *puts on sunglasses* an unpheasant experience for everyone.

• Like 5

Just give me a 5 ft 1/4" pvc pipe, and then that Pheasant will be for dinner.

Edited by davros of skaro
  • Like 2

I agree. If it is that much of a insurmountable "problem" then just shoot it and move on.

• Like 2

No pheasant plucker comments then? (yet anyway) :lol:

Attacking vehicles? Please. Let the pheasant attack my car. It'll soon learn the score is: Me 1 - Pheasant 0.

• Like 1

someone must of looked up his peasant girlfriend's skirt.........

When I first read the head line I thought it said "Angry Peasant"... So I thought - Well just shoot the uppity so-and-so... Then I realized it said "pheasant"...

That would probably get the Humane society on them if they shot it.. so - never mind...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 1

When I first read the head line I thought it said "Angry Peasant"... So I thought - Well just shoot the uppity so-and-so... Then I realized it said "pheasant"...

That would probably get the Humane society on them if they shot it.. so - never mind...

In the UK some folk breed pheasants for the organized shoots! When I was a lad my neighbours dad always seemed to have a dead pheasant or 2 hanging from the rafters of his garage while the meat proved! I believe its legal to shoot wild ones on your own land, or if you were a bit too squeamish for that, how about a high strength rat poison in amongst some feed!

When I lived in England, I was in a rural area and had a 30 or 45 minute drive almost daily and these darn birds would literally throw themselves at my car. One time I had to replace my whole side view mirror. These are some dumb birds.

• Like 1

In the UK some folk breed pheasants for the organized shoots! When I was a lad my neighbours dad always seemed to have a dead pheasant or 2 hanging from the rafters of his garage while the meat proved! I believe its legal to shoot wild ones on your own land, or if you were a bit too squeamish for that, how about a high strength rat poison in amongst some feed!

Yeah, but what's the limit on wild peasants?...

Yeah, but what's the limit on wild peasants?...

Seeing as when you shoot the pheasant, he isnt going to be calling the cops, then I assume you could have as many as you want :lol: But seriously I dont know. I do know we can freely shoot grey squirrels and pigeons tho, without limit so long as corpses/guts/skins are not left behind

• Like 1

*sigh* Just drive over the nasty bird...he then becomes accidental road kill (problem solved).

A few years ago a friend of mine hit a roadrunner (roughly the size of an adult pheasant)... It caved in the right front of his hood, and put a big dent in his fender... He

tries to avoid big birds now...

• Like 1

A few years ago a friend of mine hit a roadrunner (roughly the size of an adult pheasant)... It caved in the right front of his hood, and put a big dent in his fender... He

tries to avoid big birds now...

Oh dear, didn't think it would ruin one's car. Ok, new plan...run him over with your plow blade still attached? Wait, not everyone (besides us) is still having to plow snow. Hmmm...this is indeed a problem,

• Like 1

Some bird species are aggressive a$$hls by genetic orientation: ostrichs, swans and pheasants. :yes:

Did I forgot one?

Edited by toast

Some bird species are a$$hls by genetic orientation: ostrichs, swans and pheasants. :yes:

Did I forget one?

Geese. I knew a scrap metal dealer who had geese in the yard at night instead of dogs !!

• Like 2

Oh dear, didn't think it would ruin one's car. Ok, new plan...run him over with your plow blade still attached? Wait, not everyone (besides us) is still having to plow snow. Hmmm...this is indeed a problem,

Yeah I had one knock my side view mirror off my car. Had one dent my car too. heavy things.