Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New software can spot Bigfoot hoax videos

UM-Bot

A new video analysis technology from MIT could make it much easier to determine if footage is genuine.

Known as EVM ( Eulerian Video Magnification ), the software works by breaking down the image to reveal aspects that would otherwise be undetectable to the naked eye.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...oot-hoax-videos

This should debunk the hoaxers! And finally put bigfoot in the category where he belongs! With santa claus and the tooth fairy!

• Like 1

Uhhh...Santa is real sir! next you are going to claim that Ghost,Aleins and Godzilla are not real ? Be careful speaking of the Jolly one, an army of kids with runny noses and sticky, candy coated hands will flash mob you.

• Like 2

I rather thought the interface of eyeball and brain Mk1 worked pretty well.

• Like 1

The complex coding -

Line 1 - Does title field contain: Big Foot Video

Line 2 - If true, goto line 3

line 3 - display "Video is fake, move on"

Line 4 - Does title field also contain: irrefutable, real, undeniable, proven

Line 5 - if yes, goto line 6

Line 6 - display "Video is clearly of aliens in disguise, hide in the basement with your velvet Elvis and Frisbee"

Ok, so I don't know coding for anything, but you get the comedic point, I hope. Seriously, why would any one want to make this program?

Also, Big Foot gives out money or gifts if seen??? I am so finding him/her/it, I gots bills to pay.

This should debunk the hoaxers! And finally put bigfoot in the category where he belongs! With santa claus and the tooth fairy!

First, do not underestimate the gullibility of "believers"--nothing ever gets debunked even when slapped up side the head with facts and evidence to the contrary.

And just because this technology claims that it can debunk Bigfoot, it won't be able to debunk all of it; hence, it always best to rely on this:

I rather thought the interface of eyeball and brain Mk1 worked pretty well.

...logic, and good old fashioned common sense.

• Like 2

The complex coding -

Line 1 - Does title field contain: Big Foot Video

Line 2 - If true, goto line 3

line 3 - display "Video is fake, move on"

Line 4 - Does title field also contain: irrefutable, real, undeniable, proven

Line 5 - if yes, goto line 6

Line 6 - display "Video is clearly of aliens in disguise, hide in the basement with your velvet Elvis and Frisbee"

Ok, so I don't know coding for anything, but you get the comedic point, I hope. Seriously, why would any one want to make this program?

Also, Big Foot gives out money or gifts if seen??? I am so finding him/her/it, I gots bills to pay.

The article said it was originally developed for medical diagnosis and offered as an Open Source application. Funny post BTW. :tu:

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

First, do not underestimate the gullibility of "believers"--nothing ever gets debunked even when slapped up side the head with facts and evidence to the contrary.

And just because this technology claims that it can debunk Bigfoot, it won't be able to debunk all of it; hence, it always best to rely on this:

...logic, and good old fashioned common sense.

Ah I get it now! Sarcasm is lost on you

To be honest this software will tell you nothing if it is a guy in a suit mainly obscured by trees, this will be more useful for UFO's.

I like the positive spin of using this software to prove there is a bigfoot from the article though.

Edited by OverSword

I agree Oversword.

Until I see this software actually used effectively, I'm going to say it's claims are a bit over exaggerated.

I am with OverSword on this one too, I doubt that the software draw any conclusions from blobish outlines lurking through trees.

If the software claims a video is real, debunkers will claim the software is flawed.

If the software claims a video is fake, believers will claim the software is flawed.

Net Gain in discussion about Bigfoot = 0

Ah I get it now! Sarcasm is lost on you

Not quite yet. I guess you missed the sarcasm in my post, though, didn't you? Or the assist I provided in your own attempt at hilarity?

Meh. Moving on...

Not quite yet. I guess you missed the sarcasm in my post, though, didn't you? Or the assist I provided in your own attempt at hilarity?

Meh. Moving on...

Yaaaaaawwwwn

Finally... a Bigfoot Radar app!

They better have an iPhone version!

do we really need a software to spot a bigfoot hoax video????

why dont we just ask a yeti, if a bigfoot video is a hoax!!!

Because we really need technology to decide whether or not a video of a man in a gorilla suit is really a gen-yoo-in sasquatch.

Really.

Ok, so why, oh why, was it not stated in the OP that plans were underway to test this software on the famed Patterson-Gimlin film?

Maybe it's just me. :innocent:

Ok, so why, oh why, was it not stated in the OP that plans were underway to test this software on the famed Patterson-Gimlin film?

Maybe it's just me. :innocent:

Could be due to the resolution just not being there to exploit. Today's videos have a much higher resolution then the P-G film did.

Yaaaaaawwwwn

Good idea. Best to move on before you embarrass yourself even more.

• Like 1

Someone took time, probably moey too, to make some software for this? jeeze, we debunk bigfoot on here all the time, have these people not heard about UM?