Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

High School Student Exposes Dangerous

preacherman76

Michael Snyder

The Truth Wins

March 28, 2014

A Canadian high school student named Bronwyn Delacruz never imagined that her school science project would make headlines all over the world. But that is precisely what has happened. Using a $600 Geiger counter purchased by her father, Delacruz measured seafood bought at local grocery stores for radioactive contamination.

280314fuk.jpg

Image: Fukushima Plant (Wiki Commons).

What she discovered was absolutely stunning. Much of the seafood, particularly the products that were made in China, tested very high for radiation. So is this being caused by nuclear radiation from Fukushima? Is the seafood that we are eating going to give us cancer and other diseases? The American people deserve the truth, but as you will see below, the U.S. and Canadian governments are not even testing imported seafood for radiation. To say that this is deeply troubling would be a massive understatement.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2

No offense to Ms. Delacruz, but how about we hear from a real scientist who works at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute:

https://www.whoi.edu...=3622&cid=94989

FAQ: Radiation from Fukushima

By the way, the author is a senior scientist at Woods Hole, has PhD from MIT, and has been studying ocean radiation for more than 30 years.

Love the comments to the article though. The one about BIG SEAFOOD bringing the collective North American governments to their knees was very entertaining.

Edited by Rafterman

The only opinion I care about comes from the Geiger counter. People lie. The numbers never do.

• Like 4

Ever since the Fukishima meltdown I've been worried about this, as I know that the migratory routes of the salmon runs bring them close to Japan several times before they come back to spawn. Despite that I continue to eat sushi supplied by the pacific ocean. I guess I would rather die than not eat fish.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

Ever since the Fukishima meltdown I've been worried about this, as I know that the migratory routes of the salmon runs bring them close to Japan several times before they come back to spawn. Despite that I continue to eat sushi supplied by the pacific ocean. I guess I would rather die than not eat fish.

I know how you feel. My son loves sushi, its gonna break his heart when I tell him I cant let him eat it anymore. At least there is still lobster from the Atlantic.

I know how you feel. My son loves sushi, its gonna break his heart when I tell him I cant let him eat it anymore. At least there is still lobster from the Atlantic.

Hey you guys, leave some Atlantic lobster for us. Thankyou. Edited by spud the mackem

The only opinion I care about comes from the Geiger counter. People lie. The numbers never do.

So basically you're saying that you'll take the word of a high school student doing a science fair project over an expert who has studied ocean radiation for their entire career even though you don't know such thing as:

-her methodology

-did she even know how to use a Geiger counter

-was it even functioning correctly

-how does she know the seafood came from where it was claimed

-etc. etc.

I get that you and few others around here don't trust science and think everyone is either paid off or threatened to say the things they say, but you're going to trust the science done by a high schooler? Do you take the same approach to medicine, car repair, finances, etc.?

As for trusting the Geiger counter, this is just the latest among a series of "shocking revelations" that have been brought to light by your preferred media outlets and every singe one of them have been proven to be completely wrong. Remember the guy walking around the bay with his Geiger counter going crazy? Yeah, standard background radiation for that area. But I'm sure the story filled the click bait coffers on the various websites and sold lots of "bug out bags", water purifiers, and heirloom seeds.

• Like 3

If I had the money to blow I wouldn't mind getting a geiger counter.

If I had the money to blow I wouldn't mind getting a geiger counter.

Certainly. There are definitely dumber things I would buy, but I would at least study up on proper usage and anything else before I whip it out.

One might not want to worry about fish too much based on Bronwyn's project- she didn't test any fish! She only tested seaweed. I was a little surprised to learn she was able to obtain 300 different samples of seaweed- I had no idea the stuff was so popular there. Thought it was a little gross she had seaweed that expired in 2009 on her pantry shelf, lol.

• Like 1

Well I don't know if this is related, but a few months back I bought some from the grocery store and for some reason was only able to consume a spoonful. Something didn't feel right. Needless to say that was enough to cause my vomiting the rest of the night.

Well I don't know if this is related, but a few months back I bought some from the grocery store and for some reason was only able to consume a spoonful. Something didn't feel right. Needless to say that was enough to cause my vomiting the rest of the night.

Fish? Could have just been going bad. Gotta remember who's working the counter.

It's reassuring to know that no branch of the government inspects imported fish and seafood products for radiation.

And I'm so glad I don't eat sushi.

• Like 1

And I'm so glad I don't eat sushi.

When was the last time you tried it? I know I hated it as a kid but years later had it homemade by a friend and found it absolutely delicious!

• Like 1

Hey you're not looking to good either, my friend. Your face is as white as a ghost and you got these pink rings around your eyes. confused0049.gif

:P

• Like 1

When was the last time you tried it? I know I hated it as a kid but years later had it homemade by a friend and found it absolutely delicious!

I'm a very picky eater, and having been raised Catholic I had to eat fish every Friday, and hated it for only that stupid reason.

I thoroughly enjoy cooked fish of the white meat variety, but it will be a cold day before I ever eat raw fish or meat. :unsure2: