Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Machine recreates images from your brain

seeder

So basically, you think of someone, anyone, specially their face. This machine then prints out the face you thought of!!

The machine that knows what you are thinking about: Groundbreaking mind-reading experiment reconstructs the faces people are looking at from their scans of their brains

Researchers used fMRI scans for experiments

Were able to tell which faces subjects were looking at

Could be used by police to identify criminals from witnesses brains

Could also help reconstruct dreams

Believed to be most advanced 'mind reading' experiment ever carried out

They say the discovery could allow witnesses to create e-fits simply by thinking about a criminal's face - and could even help reconstruct dreams.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2591882/We-know-thinking-Groundbreaking-mind-reading-experiment-reconstructs-faces-people-looking-brain-scans.html#ixzz2xM38cyKN

• Like 2

what if i want to see a face from a person that is in a book/novel????????????

Think of what North Korea can do with the future of this technology.

:cry:

yes but its got a long way to go, get more refined etc

article-2591882-1CA75C9D00000578-662_634x286.jpg

BUT..it did a good job on the womans face - to the right

article-2591882-1CA75C9900000578-73_634x261.jpg

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

Think of what North Korea can do with the future of this technology.

:cry:

I wouldn't have thought they could afford it, but how scary if they did - and they scanned you, and you were NOT thinking of the Great Leader 'Kim mentally ill'?

Edited by seeder

I wouldn't have thought they could afford it, but how scary if they did - and they scanned you, and you were NOT thinking of the Great Leader 'Kim mentally ill'?

Exactly.

Kind of like a Logan's Run pulsing light, but on your forehead that warns when you are not thinking of the Dear Leader.

• Like 1

this seems like it must be using some sort of computer program designed around reproducing human faces though? What would it print out if you pictured a pyramid ? Or a Spoon? Interesting though.. it seemed to get the skin tone/shade fairly close

• Like 1

article-2591882-1CA75C9D00000578-662_634x286.jpg

BUT..it did a good job on the womans face - to the right

article-2591882-1CA75C9900000578-73_634x261.jpg

Oh boy, I hope the police do not take this on board just yet, looking at the above pics I can see a lot of wronful arrests!....mind you, the reconstructions are so ugjy...arrest them anyway!

• Like 2

In the future they'll just tattoo a alpha numerical code on the foreheads and the pictures need not be so accurate ... ~

• Like 2

It sure does. This was a team led by and undergraduate. Give that person 8 more years to work on it and the results could be amazing.

• Like 1

It sure does. This was a team led by and undergraduate. Give that person 8 more years to work on it and the results could be amazing.

:tu: Exactly! We have a sci fi future whether we want it or not...

I am already putting together the Undercurrent Resistance Council ~ I am not an image ~ <_<

~ :w00t:

• Like 1

I am already putting together the Undercurrent Resistance Council ~ I am not an image ~ <_<

~ :w00t:

your Alpha numerical code is ready, please collect from basement:

barcode_tattoo_frame_1.jpg

• Like 1

Can I have mine about 6mm to the left ... to counteract my droopy eyelid and balanced out my handsomeness ~

• Like 1

If this was closer to Apil 1st, I'd say B.S.

Mmm. This is B.S.

If this was closer to Apil 1st, I'd say B.S.

Mmm. This is B.S.

This is NOT BS! Dont you keep up with science and tech? It was already being touted in 2013, check the link :tu:

Reading Minds: Brain Scans Create Pictures of What You See. August 26, 2013

http://www.livescience.com/39175-brain-scans-read-letters.html

I honestly do not believe this. READ, don't watch, "The Minority Report", by P. K. Dick, for a concept on how this research can be misused. His accuracy on the actions of our armed forces Generals is amazing as well.

Edited by regeneratia

Combine this technology with what we already know about 'Recovered Memory Syndrome,' and you have--at the very least-- a forensic Black Hole to contend with. Where is the assurance that either the original remembered face (or other attribute), or the electronic reconstruction, are dependable to establish anything "real."

Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable. Why reconstruct unreliable memories?

seeder... that article is not entirely accurate at all.

What actually happened is that the "reconstruction" was from a computer averaging of many subjects(I think 30, could be wrong) that created the end-result "image"

The original, validated study, showed that individual images from the individuals were VERY grainy. Practically useless.

That's why there was the computer compilation from the 30.

Nonetheless, a great step forward.