Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

opinions on fictional realism

ask21771

<h5>Fictional realism.</h5>

This is the most fascinating branch of multiverse theory. Superman is real. Yes, some of you would probably choose a different story, for argument’s sake, Harry Potter might be real too. This branch of the theory argues that given an infinite number of universes, everything must exist somewhere. So, all of our favorite fiction and fantasy may be descriptive of an alternate universe, one where all the right pieces came in to place to make it happen

I've be;leived in this all my life and now I want to know what others think

• Like 1

there are some books out there that are so elaborate, people cannot tell what is real what is not, its mostly fantasy in genre, not only book but movies even video games..

but you can totally express this in your fantasy dreams, which in my experience do not want to end

there may be some ups and downs but for me fantasy world is a happier world..

the fictional is based on realism

there are some books out there that are so elaborate, people cannot tell what is real what is not, its mostly fantasy in genre, not only book but movies even video games..

but you can totally express this in your fantasy dreams, which in my experience do not want to end

there may be some ups and downs but for me fantasy world is a happier world..

the fictional is based on realism

So do you believe that the theory could be true

Hmm.. Interesting. I like that theory.

I've heard a lot over the years, some people saying there's only like 12 different planes of existence, some saying infinite... It's quite interesting though :)

this is an extension of the idea: The Omniverse is the collection of every single universe, multiverse, dimension (alternate or pocket) and realm. This includes not only Marvel Comics, but also DC Comics, Image, Dark Horse, Archie, Harvey, and every universe ever mentioned or seen (and an infinite amount never mentioned or seen) including our own world. Everything is in the Omniverse, and there is only one Omniverse. According to the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Alternate Universes, "It includes every single literary, television show, movie, urban legend, universe, realm, etc. ever. It includes everyone from Popeye to Rocky Balboa to Ronald Reagan to Romeo and Juliet to Luke Skywalker to Snoopy to Jay and Silent Bob, Mickey Mouse, Harry Potter, Super Mario to Sonic the Hedgehog, etc." The Omniverse incorporates all dimensions, realities and fantasies. This includes universes outside of comics, such as Star Wars, Hunger Games and Assassin's Creed. The Omniverse is EVERY reality, including those published by all other companies. Even fan-fictions, cancelled works, mere thoughts created by people, and fictional universes yet to be published are considered part of the Omniverse, simply put the Omniverse is every version of every type of reality and existence imaginable

If you had a super-fast space ship you could theoretically visit a planet identical to earth and visit your other you. However, the other you I think would not be precisely identical, because an exactly identical you would be in his own super-fast space ship visiting this earth looking for you..

If you had a super-fast space ship you could theoretically visit a planet identical to earth and visit your other you. However, the other you I think would not be precisely identical, because an exactly identical you would be in his own super-fast space ship visiting this earth looking for you..

would I still be handsome

would I still be handsome

In some universes you would have been hit by a bus and your face disfigured. I would try to avoid going to those universes. I think only what is possible will occur. What I mean is, Harry Potter can't be real in any of these universes because magic would not be possible in any real naturally occuring universe (however, the development of some kind of psychokinetic techlology is possible, I suppose).Bugs Bunny, I don't think so. Rabbits would have to evlove human-like intelligence. In an infinite number of universes, given the laws of evolution, I think this unlikely

I think even in an infinite number of universes there would be a limiting factor to what can occur. Although in most universes the laws of physics may be different than in our universe, for life to exist there may be only very slight variations possible from the physics in our universe.

My personal fantasy of my ideal life would occur somewhere, maybe. It would still have to be an actual possibility. Even in an infinite megaverse there would be a moment when what is possible would begin repeating itself. It would be the same old thing over and over again, just like we have here on earth, so don't get your hopes up, its probably a pretty dull life everywhere.

. In many models of inflation, the inflationary phase of the universe's expansion lasts forever in at least some regions of the universe. This occurs because inflating regions expand very rapidly, reproducing themselves. Unless the rate of decay to the non-inflating phase is sufficiently fast, new inflating regions are produced more rapidly than non-inflating regions. In such models most of the volume of the universe at any given time is inflating. All models of eternal inflation produce an infinite multiverse, typically a fractal.

http://en.wikipedia....ernal_inflation

Edited by StarMountainKid

In some universes you would have been hit by a bus and your face disfigured. I would try to avoid going to those universes. I think only what is possible will occur. What I mean is, Harry Potter can't be real in any of these universes because magic would not be possible in any real naturally occuring universe (however, the development of some kind of psychokinetic techlology is possible, I suppose).Bugs Bunny, I don't think so. Rabbits would have to evlove human-like intelligence. In an infinite number of universes, given the laws of evolution, I think this unlikely

I think even in an infinite number of universes there would be a limiting factor to what can occur. Although in most universes the laws of physics may be different than in our universe, for life to exist there may be only very slight variations possible from the physics in our universe.

My personal fantasy of my ideal life would occur somewhere, maybe. It would still have to be an actual possibility. Even in an infinite megaverse there would be a moment when what is possible would begin repeating itself. It would be the same old thing over and over again, just like we have here on earth, so don't get your hopes up, its probably a pretty dull life everywhere.

http://en.wikipedia....ernal_inflation

so maybe in those other universes the laws of physics allow bugs bunny and harry potter to exist

so maybe in those other universes the laws of physics allow bugs bunny and harry potter to exist

I think only if the could exist here in this universe. Our universe is fine-tuned to an incredible degree. Change any constant (the charge of an electron, the value of the strong nuclear force, for instance) or relationships between constants even very, very slightly and this universe would be completely different, and life would not be possible.

I suppose there may be universes wherein the physical laws are completely different and life could exist, but I think science would be hard put to create a model of such a universe. If such a universe did exist, I think life there would be beyond our powers of imagination to...um...imagine.

I'm rather annoyed that I don't live in my perfect world, which may exist somewhere. It's the impenetrable boundary between universes that forever severs my consciousness from his and keeps me from enjoying his life. Then again, there are multitudes of universes where I exist in a worse state than me in this one, so I guess I should be grateful I'm me, here and now.

My space alien friends tell me this universe was created in the laboratories of the Evil Vulgarians out of childish spite. Sometimes I believe this to be true.

I think only if the could exist here in this universe. Our universe is fine-tuned to an incredible degree. Change any constant (the charge of an electron, the value of the strong nuclear force, for instance) or relationships between constants even very, very slightly and this universe would be completely different, and life would not be possible.

I suppose there may be universes wherein the physical laws are completely different and life could exist, but I think science would be hard put to create a model of such a universe. If such a universe did exist, I think life there would be beyond our powers of imagination to...um...imagine.

I'm rather annoyed that I don't live in my perfect world, which may exist somewhere. It's the impenetrable boundary between universes that forever severs my consciousness from his and keeps me from enjoying his life. Then again, there are multitudes of universes where I exist in a worse state than me in this one, so I guess I should be grateful I'm me, here and now.

My space alien friends tell me this universe was created in the laboratories of the Evil Vulgarians out of childish spite. Sometimes I believe this to be true.

there's no model that can disprove fictional realism assuming other wise is just ignorant

Instead of everything "must" exist, I've always looked at it like everything "could" exist.

So sure, there might be talking rabbit somewhere out there.

there's no model that can disprove fictional realism assuming other wise is just ignorant

I suppose you're correct. My premise is that there must be some constraints on possible types of existences given the basic building blocks of universes (elementary particles, etc.).

Can we imagine something that would actually be impossible given an infinite number of universes? I'm just wondering. For instance, I can imagine an animal with the body of a cow, the legs of an elephant, the head of a rabbit living on a large planet completely covered by water with gravity ten times that of earth with an atmosphere of helium. I'm not convinced that such an imaginary animal can exist in any real universe.

• Like 1

This is the most fascinating branch of multiverse theory. Superman is real. Yes, some of you would probably choose a different story, for argument’s sake, Harry Potter might be real too. This branch of the theory argues that given an infinite number of universes, everything must exist somewhere. So, all of our favorite fiction and fantasy may be descriptive of an alternate universe, one where all the right pieces came in to place to make it happen

It's a cool idea and its fun to think about but unfortunately there is a principal in nature that prevents this.

There are many things that can exist physically but will never exist by pure virtue of there not being a vector for its creation.

For example: there is no vector for a giant sized gold planet to arise in nature. There is nothing preventing its physical existence, but there is no process by which it can occur. I suppose some race of aliens could spend a million years making one, but that seems unlikely.

Universes that mimic our fiction assumes that there is a way for these things to happen. Sure if one things universes randomly assign positions of particles, one might exactly match up. But universes don't do this. They evolve according to set principals. I'm not saying that there might be some scenarios that look very similar to some fictions, but you can get that right here on earth. To bad, I kinda hoped that the enterprise might show up one day Picard and all, but I'm also glad that there are probably no silent hills or resident evil style universes.

There is really good way to tell if all fiction is real or not. Write a book about a universe of inter dimensional travelers that travel to find the person writing about their reality and story. If you get a knock on the door let us know.

The Omniverse is interesting to think about. The question for me would be: do authors tune in to these other universes when they write their material (gaining unintentional inspiration from the other reality), or do authors actually create these other universes when they write their fiction?

It's a cool idea and its fun to think about but unfortunately there is a principal in nature that prevents this.

There are many things that can exist physically but will never exist by pure virtue of there not being a vector for its creation.

For example: there is no vector for a giant sized gold planet to arise in nature. There is nothing preventing its physical existence, but there is no process by which it can occur. I suppose some race of aliens could spend a million years making one, but that seems unlikely.

Universes that mimic our fiction assumes that there is a way for these things to happen. Sure if one things universes randomly assign positions of particles, one might exactly match up. But universes don't do this. They evolve according to set principals. I'm not saying that there might be some scenarios that look very similar to some fictions, but you can get that right here on earth. To bad, I kinda hoped that the enterprise might show up one day Picard and all, but I'm also glad that there are probably no silent hills or resident evil style universes.

There is really good way to tell if all fiction is real or not. Write a book about a universe of inter dimensional travelers that travel to find the person writing about their reality and story. If you get a knock on the door let us know.

there's no way of proving that universes that look like ours have the same rules

and I'm tired of well-educated arrogant ass wipes declaring their formulas and theories as the laws of the whole of existence they don't know ****

• Like 1

The Omniverse is interesting to think about. The question for me would be: do authors tune in to these other universes when they write their material (gaining unintentional inspiration from the other reality), or do authors actually create these other universes when they write their fiction?

Or could what's inside their head be considered a universe?

So technically we would be writing about superheros that actually exist? I thought in the multiverse theory there would be many different versions of myself in many diffferent univerves in some im rich, poor, a doctor, a lawyer

Edited by ReaperS_ParadoX

This is an interesting topic i've been thinking on for a while. It's interesting but... i just cannot see it all being true. I believe that there could be alternate universes, and that they may be similar to or different from our own, but i just cannot believe that fictional universes created in someone's minds just... pop into existence or that they could be real. I could believe, as some have already said, that some authors could tune into these dimensions but... Wouldn't that mean that even now, as i sit here and imagine a purple horse that can live in space and eats asteroids to survive, that i'm tuning into another universe? Do you believe that these dimensions are separate or all in one? It's just.. hard for me to accept that as i sit here and come up with ever increasingly ludicrous stories, that they are actually real somewhere.

Or... perhaps i'm just hoping that sparkly vampires don't exist anywhere? :P

Edited by BNDGK

So technically we would be writing about superheros that actually exist? I thought in the multiverse theory there would be many different versions of myself in many diffferent univerves in some im rich, poor, a doctor, a lawyer

that would mean there are versions of you in the universes described in "works of fiction"

there's no way of proving that universes that look like ours have the same rules

This is true. Id imagine there are those that don't. So are we considering universes with infinite possibilities of rules? Ill have to think about that one, but my first thought is that the universe has to be enough like ours to resemble on of our fictions. Just a few tweaks here and there to allow for the things that might be impossible in this one. The problem is that if we change even one thing here in many cases the entire nature of the universe collapses. If however there are infinite possible variables, then an infinite of universes with each variation of variables, then I think I just may be possible. There may only be one set of combinations that leads to a stable universe or there may be many types of universes that we cant even imagine.... I suspect that latter, but its hard to put fiction in their unless the universe is actually a mind, and our minds can be a universe.

and I'm tired of well-educated arrogant ass wipes declaring their formulas and theories as the laws of the whole of existence they don't know ****

Go ignorance.

Edit: Fictional realism has to be one of the most ridiculous nonsensical views ever.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 2

Edit: Fictional realism has to be one of the most ridiculous nonsensical views ever.

I agree in a strict sense. "Everything that is probable exists in an alternate universe." I read that somewhere, and I think it is true. The "probability" depends on the various configurations of the raw materials that universes are made of. I would consider the raw materials to be the same in all universes: elementary particles, the four fields. The differences would be the masses of the particles and the strengths of the fields. I think these would be the variables and would determine the probabilities.

The existence of my space alien friends...err...I mean my fictional characters Zarkor and Zerak I consider among these probabilities, in that they really can exist in some universe and they actually do what I have imagined them to do, given an infinity of universes.

But, as I say, we must remember to consider the real constraints imposed by the possible configurations allowed by the raw materials.

P.S: For ever so long I have been trying to figure out how to pronounce the word "Rlyeh" and have never succeeded. Perhaps in some alternate universe I have been able to do so. .