Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

cats death

nicola77

hi everyone I am new here I found this site through random searching because I am struggling to cope with the death of cat called bobby he was 4 and died suddenly when I was away on holiday I am devastated by his death and I miss him so much and its killing me that I wasn't there for him when he died he was so lovely and really loving and I was hoping that someone on here can help me because I cant accept that he is just "gone"

• Like 1

I love cats, and loosing one is horrible, they become a friend and part of the family. My family had a beautiful Persian cat that me and my sister named Buffy, she was so affectionate and people would always comment on what a good looking cat she was. Anyways, last year while I was at uni she became very sick and eventually my dad and sister had to take her to be put down. The whole family was devastated and my sister was crying, we still miss her now.

We have another who was around when Buffy was alive which made loosing her a tiny bit easier and the vet let us take her home in a box to be buried. We buried her in our backgarden under a blossom tree, we planted some flowers and bought a little heart shaped stone from a garden centre with paw prints on it and placed it next to the flowers. After begging my parents we persuaded them to get another new cat, my dad said it was too soon and wouldn't replace Buffy and thats true but our new cat is so lovely and playful and helps me move on.

• Like 1

I am sorry to hear of your loss. It really is hard to deal with the loss of a friend, isn't it?

I am afraid there is little I can say that would help you because right now words won't really help.

When my kitty was put to sleep years ago I felt really sad too and now I really miss him so instead of dwelling on sadness I try to remember how he would stay with me on my bed when I was sick or how he would come running to see if I was ok when I stubbed my foot or something.

I know it may sound a bit corny but trying to recall how your kitty made you feel might help.

• Like 1

I am so sorry for your loss Nicola. I'm guessing that's Bobby in your avatar? He is a really beautiful cat.

I have lost many pets, the worst for me was my cat Mishka many years ago. She died suddenly also, hit by a car. I was there when she died. When we had collected her body, my father placed her in a towel and set her beside on the back step. I just sat there crying for hours, wishing she would move, wishing I could see a hint of breath or life. I understand your devastation.

I do believe she is living a different life in a different realm now - it helps. Strangely, my proof did not come from her. I lost another cat Casper to food poisoning some years later and that is when I received an insight. Often when I would go to sleep I would feel my blankets move and something settle itself against my leg or back. It felt completely familiar, just like he felt and it came unbidden. I don't know why this didn't come with Mishka as clearly *edited to add I did feel her presence but not in a way I could call clear*, her loss hurt more for some reason but I can only guess she moved on happily and quickly. Casper might have been more attached to me and all that was familiar in his life on earth.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts and not at all proveable. I hope you get your own insight and comfort that brings you peace.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 2

Sorry for your loss. I've lost several cats over the years, and it's not an easy recovery. I think the cats who have passed on would not want us to grieve too, too much. I think they would rather have us happy in our memories of them. If their deaths brought us too great a sadness I think that would make them sad, too, for they would feel responsible for our distress.

I'm sure bobby would want you to carry on with his memory in a way that would make him happy, wherever he is now.

• Like 1

Find comfort in, that he saw the light.....

to_cat_heaven_by_tonyhurst-d5di941.jpg

...and now he's home.

cat-in-heaven-wallpaper__yvt2.jpg

karamfriends_ibelieveincath.jpg

• Like 2

After some time passes go out and save the life of another cat in memory of Bobby. It will make both you and the cat happy and serve as a wonderful testament to Bobby.

• Like 5

We had a cat for 18 years, a stray that just showed up one day and decided that this was her home. It was very attached to my wife and did not like me at all. She was a calico with very nice colors and would go in and out until winter came. It was very sad when she passed and not sure if we will have any more pets, you get to attached...

• Like 1

hi everyone I am new here I found this site through random searching because I am struggling to cope with the death of cat called bobby he was 4 and died suddenly when I was away on holiday I am devastated by his death and I miss him so much and its killing me that I wasn't there for him when he died he was so lovely and really loving and I was hoping that someone on here can help me because I cant accept that he is just "gone"

I am having cat problems too. She, now around 13, was throwing up and defecating all over the place. I finally closed out, and gave away, the Iams hairball cat food. All is resolved.

I would miss her not sleeping between my knees at night if I lost her.

My heart is with you. Animals can be a beloved part of the family. Look for the cat to come in dreams or you may even hear or feel the cat around for a while.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

After some time passes go out and save the life of another cat in memory of Bobby. It will make both you and the cat happy and serve as a wonderful testament to Bobby.

I've always been a 'dog guy' and had never had a cat in the 50 years of my life.

After my lab, Chance passed away a few years ago I decided not to get another pet. Well, low and behold a starving skinny cat showed up on my porch last month and wouldn't leave (it was -25c out). So I started feeding him. He had matted hair and bald spots and skinny as a rail (not a pretty sight). The first night he sprawled himself on the floor and it looked like there was a dead cat laying there.

For good reason I named him 'Bones'. He's a small black and white, long hair tuxedo cat with four white socks who loves to sit on my computer and look out the bay window (as he is right now). He's gaining weight and his hair is coming back.

Nicola, even after having this little guy for a month I'd feel as you do right now if I lost him.

Lilly's right. When you're ready go and save the life of another one.

Edit: By the way Nicola, welcome to UM. :) I just wish that it was under happier circumstances.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 3

I've always been a 'dog guy' and had never had a cat in the 50 years of my life.

After my lab, Chance passed away a few years ago I decided not to get another pet. Well, low and behold a starving skinny cat showed up on my porch last month and wouldn't leave (it was -25c out). So I started feeding him. He had matted hair and bald spots and skinny as a rail (not a pretty sight). The first night he sprawled himself on the floor and it looked like there was a dead cat laying there.

For good reason I named him 'Bones'. He's a small black and white, long hair tuxedo cat with four white socks who loves to sit on my computer and look out the bay window (as he is right now). He's gaining weight and his hair is coming back.

Nicola, even after having this little guy for a month I'd feel as you do right now if I lost him.

Lilly's right. When you're ready go and save the life of another one.

Edit: By the way Nicola, welcome to UM. :) I just wish that it was under happier circumstances.

A good samaritan act you did there, saving that cat. So many people have pets that they mistreat or simply not care about - especially cats. If one cant keep a cat for some reason (allergy etc) it is better to try to give the cat away to someone, or if that doesn't work out, put the cat to sleep with the help of a veterinarian. This is far than throwing the cat out and letting it fend for it self.

• Like 1

How did she died? At 4 years she was very young

hi everyone sorry for the late reply he was born with a heart murmour the vet said their wasn't anything we could do to help his death still came as a total shock to me because he was only 4 but he did wheeze a lot ect but he seamed to be happy and in no pain so I assumed he would have a long happy life

• Like 1

No need to apologize for the late reply. It sucks losing a friend.

• Like 1

yea im still devastated I got a tattoo of his paw print today and that is helping we put paint on his paw just before we buried him because I needed to have something of his so I got it tattooed on my arm today