Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orbs at Old Jail

Kiddevo

Was touring an abandoned jail with the scouts on a cold March day in NJ (no bugs out yet). Caught this video. Creeped me out. The dude not moving is a mannequin... I tried slowing it down on youtube. Not sure if it worked.. two different vids.

Edited by Kiddevo

Flying insects and/or dust. Very common. Not "orbs".

And it's been March here all month in Indiana...cold, and there are insects out.

Edited by Hida Akechi
  • Like 3

Those videos are 1/2 speed, dust or insects could not move that fast. And I can assure you there were no bugs. It has been freezing, and this building is not heated. The second vid, look far bottom right at 11 sec. mark. What the heck is that?

Edited by Kiddevo

Dust and insects can move that fast on video.

So, if not insects, it's dust particles.

At the 11 second mark, I saw a bit of a distortion due to the lighting (there are other posters here that are experts with videos and cameras, they'll get you a better explanation) . At least that wasn't dust--though it could have been.

The rest...dust.

• Like 2

And your vid is a bit pixelated. Doesn't help with identification.

I'm actually being nicer than I usually am about this when "orbs" are brought up.

Edited by Hida Akechi
  • Like 2

I know. I too hate orb vids. But the fact that these are moving so fast, and in all different directions is strange. I guess being there may have skewed my perception, but the bottom right of the other video, i have slowed it down further, something comes into and then out of frame. Weird. Thanks for your input.

edit.... once i tried slowing it down and brightening it up, it got more pixelated on YouTube.

Edited by Kiddevo

I'll leave the rest to anyone else that wants to chime in. There are some video/photography experts here that can break this down for you even better than me.

• Like 1

Exactly...

Edited by Hida Akechi
  • Like 3

THE EXPERIMENTS

Countless experiments have now been conducted showing that dusty areas do produce orbs in flash photographs. (See Orbs and Artifacts among many other web articles for the technical details.) Small insects, rain, snow, pollen and other airborne particulates can also produce them. These experiments were designed to show that these airborne elements can be the cause of orbs and may not necessarily be ghost phenomena.

I applaud these efforts, but the essential question, it seems to me, is: How did orbs in photographs become associated with ghost phenomena in the first place? In other words, why do they even need to be disproved? Yes, anomalous white spots occasionally appear in photos... How do we suddenly make the great leap to say that they are spirit energy? That's quite a leap. And an erroneous one, in my estimation.

Rich-Dust-Orbs-In-Motion.jpg

Colored%20Dust%20Orbs.jpg

White%20&%20Gray%20Dust%20Orbs.jpg

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

Did a bunch of posts in this thread just get deleted?

• Like 1

I'm not an Orb expert but your videos interesting. Glad you shared it with us Kiddevo.

It is a bug. Looks like a million other videos with bugs in them. No way you can be positive it was so cold no bugs were about. Bug.

• Like 2