Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What in your life are you most proud of?

spartan max2

So I was just curious what one achievement you are most proud of that you did you your life? Achievement as in anything. Whatever you feel your most proud of. :P

Edited by spartan max2

Learning how to forgive. It makes life a heck of a lot easier...

• Like 3

Sorry. Can't think of anything.

Learning how to forgive. It makes life a heck of a lot easier...

Sounds cool to me "and then"

• Like 1

In 6th grade i went to a backwoods school, I asked out the only black girl in the school, a foster kid who was just passing through, not to make a point or anything, but I found her attractive.

I wound up getting into fights for a long time after that. Never telling anyone she turned me down. I learned to enjoy standing alone through that.

I guess "learning to enjoy standing alone" is my biggest one.

Theres more to the backstory but i'm saving it for the eventual movie of my life.

• Like 6

I stopped seeking...

• Like 1

moving out of my moms house, I know that doesnt seem like something to be proud of but I was extremely ill as a child and have OCD, so in my view that was one of my biggest achievement. I got a place with my girlfriend.

• Like 4

I realisation that my achievement were not mine alone.

• Like 1

I think my greatest achievements were just my personal progress.

Learning defeat, learning loss, grief, betrayal, heartbreak, broken trust, lost friendships, and then learning how to stand tall, and walk away from it all.

Especially learning to cut toxic people out of my life, and knowing how to stand by myself. Also, Learning about the many highs and lows, just learning all these life things...

And then just personal things, like figuring out who I am and just knowing and thinking about all this great stuff... It's just all an achievement for me. Just being aware, and just to keep on going and learning. Especially after the crap I've been through, I'm proud to keep going.

• Like 2

I'm proud of being able to acknowledge my mistakes and not bragging about my accomplishments in the real world.

• Like 3

My son

• Like 3

Being a father.

• Like 1

My son

yeah, i was gonna say "my daughter". With her came being able to take responsibility for another human being,

something i might not have learnt without her.

• Like 1

I once won an icecream eating contest. That was pretty far up there. Either that or learning to walk again.

• Like 4

I sm most proud of my son and my mind.

One thing is finally being to write mediocre fiction.

• Like 1

Got say being a dad. Very awesome. But in truth it didn't take much to make kids, ill have to revisit if I did a good job or not in about 20 years.

Other than that its my martial arts school and my students. I started from chicken scratch and have the most incredible job on the planet and its all about building people up.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

i'm more proud of my Parents.. and my wife than anything i've ever done i think. But .. i'm sort of proud of an Odd accomplishment.. I've never borrowed any money or bought anything 'on time' . and i started out with nothing, and still have most of it lol

I'm sort of proud of my musical ability too :)

Um, at a point in life where I was really depressed, I happened upon one of those Yahoo stories about a homeless man and it seems everyone there was being snarky about homeless people, saying they should just get a job, or just do this, or just do that. So I started to blast out something in a one liner and ended up typing 4 paragraphs. I thought I was being really stupid because who was going to read 4 paragraphs, but then just because I was still feeling angry, I hit the Post button. Came back 2 days later to find 9000+ likes on the post. I eventually got 11,993 or so likes and 82 dislikes, plus 773 replies to that post, but that wasn't the best part. The best part was the replies that people typed out. I have never felt so overwhelmed by the support that day and I had my faith in people completely renewed. A lot of them thanked me for writing what I did, but I wish like heck I could thank them all personally for what they gave to me, which was hope.

Getting the top score in my anthropology class on a test and getting straight A's at summer college. I did poorly at my alma mater college due to stress and getting away and getting straight A's at another college showed me that I was intelligent and a good student I just needed the opportunity to shine.

Earning my GED. I'm a grad student now but my GED will always be the academic accomplishment I'm most proud of :).

• Like 1

Being more forgiving and getting rid of a judgmental mindset.

I'm working on it still because we can all lapse into bad mental territory but I can honestly say that making peace with enemies feels good, very good. That's not to say you should not be vigilant of past wrongs inflicted on yourselves or that you should be a serf and forgive again and again but trying to make the peace is the best you can do towards some kind of harmony.

• Like 1