Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unwanted Psychic Phenomena

mans_mind

Hi, I've been experiencing some weird things lately, and today was the weirdest of them all:

So for the past couple of months I've been getting heavy into meditation. I first wanted to do it as a way to prove to myself that I could find other alternatives for relaxation other than marijuana. Which to my surprise was ridiculously easy (addiction isn't a real thing). To continue, I opened one door only to discover many more. My meditation was very rookie. I thought the typical shamanic pose was the trick to getting into a "meditative state", and with no instructor I turned to the internet and my local library for more info. "Out of Body Experiences" was something I stumbled upon.

Just to contextualize my situation a little bit more, I'm gonna provide a sort of exposition for my story. My family has always been, I hate to use this word, "superstitious". Everyone has seen "spirits" at one point in their life, including myself. My mother told us of her many supernatural experiences, some of her most resounding, her prophetic dreams. My mom will tell us dreams she had. We would do the whole "Ahh, Mom you're crazy" thing, and then these things would come true (examples: 9/11, multiple family deaths, and family members' conditions). My christian beliefs steered me away from this "sooth-saying" "demonic" stuff. I was always (still am) too afraid to dabble. That was my childhood. Fast forward a little bit, I moved to a college town and started doing drugs. Not hardcore. I've smoked weed and tripped on shrooms and that's about it. With that came the whole "hippie" (I quote a lot sorry) mentality, spirituality, discovering the "self", etc. I watched the dmt documentary. If you're unfamiliar dmt is a psychedelic that if injected can induce out of body experiences. In this documentary I saw testimonies of these peoples' experiences and it utterly enticed me. My mom had a out of body experience she always told us about that creeped me out (deeply rooted fear here). To sum it up (her story not my own), she floated out of her body and interacted with "jesus" and aliens, all when she was a little girl.

The juxtaposition of these things are still unsettling to me. So anyways I sincerely wanted to meditate but subconsciously I had different intentions. I wanted to have an out of body experience. So I started to read these books. That taught me a little about consciousness and out of body induction methods. So I tried them. Still do. They still never really work to the full effect that I would like them to.

Simultaneously I was going through a lot. I started feeling more and more disconnected with people. I felt like everyone was sad. Lonely. Exhausted from playing "reality". Everything started to feel fake. Movies. People. Music. Shopping districts. Cars. Friendships. Love. It all felt fake. I started to feel like I had been stripped of my natural essence since the day I was born. I started to feel like "what's the point?" anymore. I felt everyone's sadness all the time, and it started to ruin me. So everyone opportunity between working and errands I was always in a hurry to get back to my safe dwellings away from the "system". I live in my own apartment. I'm 19. I'm alone in a city with no obligatory family ties. I needed to find answers. I explored more with OBE and speaking to my "subconcious being".

I started to have these weird "feelings" about things. I would "feel" something then it would happen, or something oddly similar would happen. Just a coincidence right? No it got serious. I could go on for hours the amount of uncanny things that happened over the course of the last couple of weeks, but I'm gonna dive right into it.

So today I was working. I'm a barista. I was setting a drink on the counter top where we put the finished drinks for the customers to recieve, and something told me to be careful next time because I could possibly drop the drink. I immediately took note of this. A couple of customers later I dropped a drink the same exact way I imagined it. Whatever, coincidence. I got off of work and ran a few errands. Stopped at my other job, and spoke with my co-worker a little bit about my experiences that day (he's also into that stuff). Talking about all those things got me aroused so I went home to attempt another OBE. On my way home I got into a little tiff with a homeless man that I lied to about not having cash, he was p***ed, and I (a pretty empathetic guy) immediately judged him for his condition. Then I went and did my errands. I had a couple mishaps that set my timing off from my intended schedule. But something was telling me to not rush and go along with it. I did a little window shopping. Local thrift stores. One in particular I went to today is sponsored by the salvation army, so the whole christian vibe was going on. It brought me back to those days where I used to be pretty serious about Christianity. No big deal. I went home. Relaxed, attempted another OBE. Still very disappointed. Ate. Smoked weed (might be the cause of this, but I've been smoking on and off for awhile, so I don't think it is a huge possibility) and left to recheckout some of my OBE and Consciousness books I didn't finish. On the way, everything felt fake and strange. I felt like I was apart of something so greater, and so connected. Everyone and everybody looked and felt different. I got the same feeling as if I were standing in a fun house of mirrors. A group of people started coming down the road. What do you know, it's a protest to end homelessness in my area (my first protest I've ever seen or known of in this town). I felt like **** because of earlier. Some man whispered to me "Walk with us". I hesitated. I went. At this point I started to look at everything cryptically. I felt like everything meant something, or would mean something, or did mean something. I went. Every other second something uncanny happened. I saw things that immediately reminded me of things that happened today. Keep in mind I know nothing of what I'm talking about. These are pure experiences with really no prior knowledge from an "expert". The best way I can describe it, I got this feeling that were were all on the grid, with infinite lines and curves all overlapping each other. Since everything touched it was somehow connected. Complete paradoxes. For instance the other day I got movies from the library, I randomly saw a documentary called "Las Chiapas", fascinated with mesoamerican culture I grabbed it. A man in the protest handed me a flier about the Chiapas. People were praying, I haven't been around public Christianity at all in this town (very liberal colleget town, it's frowned upon). This happened EVERY SECOND. I got overwhelmed. My legs felt sore and heavy. My body felt like sand. I left and went home. It keeps happening. What do I do now? Please help.

Edited by mans_mind

I think its a great sign.. its called synchronisity.. it happens when we are really tuned into things and where we are on the path we are supposed to be (then everything like lines up).

• Like 1

How often do you smoke weed? Not a judgemental question, but do you feel spiritually different between when you smoke and you haven't smoked for a while? I would say that either it was drug-induced or you might be on the cusp of some new potential. Not sure which.

Im always on and off. Actually I took a week and a half hiatus and during that time I had the most uncanny experiences. To further test to see if it were weed causing this phenomenon, I took another break, no changes. What I've deduced from prior knowledge of drugs and their "effects" on you and also from empiricism is that it hastens the meditative state. It's easier for me to meditate (esp. after working all day type of thing) after smoking a little bit. I'm working on disciplining myself more to get to that state without the use of drugs.

• Like 1

Good luck. Let us know how it works out.

• 2 weeks later...

If your family is open to the paranormal then logic dictates that you will have experiences since it is not a "taboo" subject like it is with my family. I doubt you're a drug addict since everyone smokes weed these days and has occasionally used some other stuff. However i have been feeling the same way you have been since i to have been practing to have OBEs constantly and have had some mild success.