Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who are the Men in Black?

Erik-Hegland

Mib's are a Goverment agent's that intimidate

people about keeping quiet on event's

pertaining to UFO's....

Many like myself think that they are under

Draconian influence. They know alot and have

ton's of information.

Robtic like in personality.....

Erik hegland.....

men-in-black-meme-generator-just-look-into-the-light-b86e2a.jpg Edited by krypter3
  • Like 5

I see they "frickasied" your brain already.

• Like 2

The flaw in the argument that all MIBs are simpy 'government agents' is that it requires the proponent to either pretend that the considerable body of MIB accounts involving extremely bizarre/ paranormal behavior and events doesn't exist, or that the eyewitnesses to those encounters are somehow all delusional or lying, whilst the eyewitnesses to the more mundane, 'government agent'-type encounters are somehow not.

Both approaches are absurd and illogical; either all MIB accounts - the mundane and the bizarre - are falsified, or there are prosaic AND 'paranormal' (for lack of a better word) explanations for different manifestations of the phenomena.

Edited by GollyBuster
  • Like 2

Mib's are a Goverment agent's that intimidate

people about keeping quiet on event's

pertaining to UFO's....

Draconian influence. They know alot and have

ton's of information.

Robtic like in personality.....

Erik hegland.....

If you want to look at the potential start of 'MIB' then I would suggest searching for the Maury Island event

• Like 1

Funeral directors.......unless the fashion changes, they will be around for a long time.

• Like 2

They are Umm... Dan Ackroyd, Bill Murray, and Will Smith

No, no, no...Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are the Men In Black, Dan Ackroyd and Bill Murray are the Ghostbusters. (gotta keep these guys in the correct catagory!)

• Like 6

No, no, no...Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are the Men In Black, Dan Ackroyd and Bill Murray are the Ghostbusters. (gotta keep these guys in the correct catagory!)

But Dan Ackroyd was one of the Blues Brothers

• Like 1

Jeeze, Blue brothers, Ghostbusters, and Tommy and Will, this is all getting very confusing, why could they not just have worn jeans and a t.shirt?!!

There's really nothing to it at all - they never existed except in the mind of a mentally disturbed Albert Bender and an unscrupulous author hoping to cash in on another UFO related tale.

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4351

Men in Black

A look at the mysterious government agents said to intimidate those who witness flying saucers.

Are strange, pale, half-alien Men in Black a reality? They were to the troubled mind of Albert Bender. But obviously, more corporeal government employees do exist, and at least in the days of Project Blue Book, did go out into the field to interview UFO witnesses. But it's noteworthy that not one of those witnesses ever reported being threatened or harassed in any way. The Men in Black remain merely a comic diversion for modern cinema-goers, a source of pulp-fiction for authors like Gray Barker and the many who have followed him, and sadly, as a source of all-too-real torment for those few, like Albert Bender, who suffer from paranoiac distress.

• Like 1

Most of us have seen MIB's and don't even realize it. Everytime there's a crime in your neighborhood they are the guys that go around knocking on ppl's doors showing you facebook pictures of the local gangsters.

Some UFO incidents are really black ops so I could see why the military would knock on doors to see how much someone really witnessed, even if all they saw was a weather balloon.

There's really nothing to it at all - they never existed except in the mind of a mentally disturbed Albert Bender and an unscrupulous author hoping to cash in on another UFO related tale.

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4351

Men in Black

A look at the mysterious government agents said to intimidate those who witness flying saucers.

Are strange, pale, half-alien Men in Black a reality? They were to the troubled mind of Albert Bender. But obviously, more corporeal government employees do exist, and at least in the days of Project Blue Book, did go out into the field to interview UFO witnesses. But it's noteworthy that not one of those witnesses ever reported being threatened or harassed in any way. The Men in Black remain merely a comic diversion for modern cinema-goers, a source of pulp-fiction for authors like Gray Barker and the many who have followed him, and sadly, as a source of all-too-real torment for those few, like Albert Bender, who suffer from paranoiac distress.

hmmm also from the link :

we find that the first time the phrase "Men in Black" was used was in a 1956 nonfiction book called They Knew Too Much about Flying Saucers, by UFO writer Gray Barker (1925-1984).

not entirely sure that this is the first time the 'phrase' was used, but what is certain is that the 'MIB' type of person was reported long before the suggested date of 1956.

This reminds me somewhat of the phrase 'flying saucer', everyone assumes that saucer shapes were only seen after Arnolds sighting and use of the phrase. This is incorrect, the shape was reported long before....how it is phrased is irrelevant when discussing what was seen and when.

• Like 1

hmmm also from the link :

not entirely sure that this is the first time the 'phrase' was used, but what is certain is that the 'MIB' type of person was reported long before the suggested date of 1956.

I'd enjoy reading your supporting evidence for this.

In my experience, believers have a tendency to draw connections to historical happenings even when the evidence is fairly thin, nonexistent, or simply invented to create some type of provenance for whatever they believe. A good example is how Bigfooters try and connect to Native American stories of 'wildmen'.

There's really nothing to it at all - they never existed except in the mind of a mentally disturbed Albert Bender and an unscrupulous author hoping to cash in on another UFO related tale

Its fair to say John Keel in his books helped popularise them too and he is another author known for being economical with the truth! I've said it before but there is no sense to what they do,they tell witnesses not to report UFO sightings,usually with some kind of veiled threat,then the witness goes public with the sighting and nothing happens to them!

If you examine the stories of their existence its sorely lacking in hard evidence.

• Like 1

I beleive they are humanoid alien robots that work for benevolent alien beings.

Draconian influence.

Draconian ?

• Like 1

I beleive they are humanoid alien robots that work for benevolent alien beings.

For what purpose are they being used? If they were working for benevolent aliens why intimidate witnesses?

• Like 2

Draconian ?

Been a while since the Reptiles have turned up in a thread.

Mostly it's been simply "aliens" or "Masons" who've been haunting the threads here.

• Like 1

Its fair to say John Keel in his books helped popularise them too and he is another author known for being economical with the truth! I've said it before but there is no sense to what they do,they tell witnesses not to report UFO sightings,usually with some kind of veiled threat,then the witness goes public with the sighting and nothing happens to them!

Keel gets lots of credit for making them complete characters with intriguing details that were just different enough to be believable: dark skin, difficulty breathing, mysterious tubes in their socks, frightened of microwave ovens, old cars and clothes that look brand new, and even wraparound sunglasses in some cases.

• Like 2

For what purpose are they being used? If they were working for benevolent aliens why intimidate witnesses?

And why do such a lousy job at it?

I'd enjoy reading your supporting evidence for this.

In my experience, believers have a tendency to draw connections to historical happenings even when the evidence is fairly thin, nonexistent, or simply invented to create some type of provenance for whatever they believe. A good example is how Bigfooters try and connect to Native American stories of 'wildmen'.

Harold Dahl reported that a 'man in black' visited him the day after the event at Maury Island. This was in 1947, which predates the 1956 date of the book you mentioned.

edit to add: It is also said that Bender spoke of the Dahl 'visit' in a newsletter he printed in 1953. It may actually be Dahls 'story' that led Bender to claiming he too was visited by the 3 MIBs.

Edited by quillius