Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas family capture alleged 'chupacabra'

UM-Bot

Huh, forget the chupa, get your hat on, look what I just found on the bank of the river:

9223.jpg

Undeniable proof !

This is big news

• Like 1

It does look like a raccoon with mange. But it breaks my heart to see the poor thing in a cage, whatever it is. I can't abide zoos or putting a wild creature in a cage. First, they need to get the poor thing treated for the skin condition, and second they need to let it loose where it can live the rest of its days as a wild creature should.

• Like 1

I wanna see its fangs. I don't mean canines, I mean 'fangs', the teeth with little holes in them for sucking out blood. Afterall, that is what this creature is most famous for, sucking an animal dry of it's blood without any other wounding present so it should be easy to prove one way or the other. (psst it's the other)

Id like to know who drained all of the chicken and goat blood from the throats of the animals if this is a raccoon? The man has beent hunting raccoons for TWENTY years. People always know better than the actual witness, right?

Id like to know who drained all of the chicken and goat blood from the throats of the animals if this is a raccoon? The man has beent hunting raccoons for TWENTY years. People always know better than the actual witness, right?

I've been round coons for 47 years! Trust me that's a raccoon

• Like 2

It wouldnt last long if was set free

If it's mange (a skin condition caused by mites) and a raccoon, it can be treated and set free.

The history of the Chupacabra supposedly dates back to 1995 and is thought to have had something to do with people having seen the movie "Species" and a vivid imagination or misidentification of an animal sighting of a woman, I believe from Puerto Rico. From there word of mouth took over and now you have a legend of an imaginary creature. Mangy dogs, raccoons and even certain Mexican breeds of dogs keep the legend alive.

I suppose you could always test this critter by throwing it in with a goat. If the goat is drained of blood then we have a winner.

If it's really a dog it could be treated and adopted out. Just sleep with one eye open.......

• Like 3

How many times do i have to tell you on this site, this is not a chupacabra.

Id like to know who drained all of the chicken and goat blood from the throats of the animals if this is a raccoon?

No one did, it was made up for the story.

The man has beent hunting raccoons for TWENTY years. People always know better than the actual witness, right?

This is a raccoon, nothing more.

It's about time someone caught one. Bigfoot is next!

This isn't the first time someone caught a raccoon :)

And it wouldn't be the first time someone "caught" a Bigfoot, even if "it" was dead that time around.

I could be wrong, but it doesn't look "hairless" in the pics. I did not view the vid.

100% racoon

Totally agree this is a raccoon.

I sure hope it is not Rocket Raccoon. Were any little guns and jet pack found with this guy? Maybe he accidentally burned off his fur in a battle with aliens??

• Like 1

Trout, Lahontan Cut throat to be exact.

Totally agree this is a raccoon.

I sure hope it is not Rocket Raccoon. Were any little guns and jet pack found with this guy? Maybe he accidentally burned off his fur in a battle with aliens??

I doubt some alleged red-neck family could trap Rocket Raccoon. Even if he was hurt and down on his luck, Groot would be nearby for the assist.

Did they talk about large, talking trees, too?

Nah. Thylacine with mange.

Nah. Thylacine with mange.

That's a bit of a swim from NZ to TX.

I know it's hard to admit you have an embarrassing and unclean parasitic infestation, so I will say it for you; YOU HAVE A TERRIBLE CASE OF MANGE TEXAS!!! It's just like a pathetic comb-over, y'all ain't fooling no one but yourselves, blaming it of a defenseless imaginary animal.

Get yourself dipped and your "chupacabra" problem, (wink, wink) will go away.

Do dogs/canines eat by putting food into their mouth with both paws? I mean, i have only had one dog in my life and i've never seen it. A 'coon seems most likely

That's a bit of a swim from NZ to TX.

Well, I can tell you the Kiwis would be REALLY surprised to find a Thylacine roaming NZ.

• Like 1

Bit of a swim from NZ and even further from Tasmania.

It's a Raccoon with mange.

Well, I can tell you the Kiwis would be REALLY surprised to find a Thylacine roaming NZ.

Oops. My bad. My terrible, terrible bad. I didn't even catch this after rereading it for spelling errors. That'll learn me.

Only one way to find out for sure. DNA

• Like 1

Only one way to find out for sure. DNA

Good call.