Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

strange sighting at beach

bailey86

Hi everyone I'm new here. And me and my partner were at the beach walking the dogs. We walk along the beach for a good 15-20mins the we could see something big and black demo not a dog or person we were alone on the beach. So we thought. We were watching it moving along the sand. We started to move to the top of the sand we it's soft and it started to move parallel to use and the dogs started to panic and bark. They have never done this before. And we walked for a min or two to the nearest set of steps to get of the beach as it was still following use. It was as if it was a predator you may laugh but I typed at the steps took a few photos. You can see something big and black in a few yet in the rest nothing showed in photos yet we could see it with our eyes. We ran up the steps and off the beach and we started to head back to the car which was a good walk back in other direction. It back tracked and started following use again. It was watching us and we could see a second set of steps which took use up to were the car was on the road. We got to were the car was and looked back and it was gone. We have told nobody. We sat and spoke between us about it. And it was big black and looked like it was crawling or had short legs. Just after some ideas what it could be? We are from north east uk

Was it at night?

• Like 1

HI how do I post my photos? Yes it was about after 9:30pm. We were the only ppl on the beach. It was lastnight

Hi and welcome, one of the techs will tell you how to upload your pics, all I can say for now is.....we need those pics.

I have zoomed in on one so you can see it looks. Very odd. But I will upload them all once I know how too.

• Like 1

Wasn't a seal. As it's movement was as if it had legs. I thought crocodile due to way it was moving. But none in UK. It didn't move like seal. I took them on my 20mp camera phone. Well disappointed. But won't be going back to beach in along time.

Wasn't a seal. As it's movement was as if it had legs. I thought crocodile due to way it was moving. But none in UK. It didn't move like seal. I took them on my 20mp camera phone. Well disappointed. But won't be going back to beach in along time.

Well it looks like it is laying on the beach, how about a cow or boar?

No as it was moving

Low to the ground but was definitely walking on legs. It was weird. Wasn't moving like a seal. Wasn't a dog. It was as if it was tracking us. As when we changed directing it did too. I can't think of anything. It was big black and was slow moving on legs by its moment.we just wanted to get the hell out of there. But for us to get to the car and look back again and it had gone.

Edited by bailey86

I do not see anything....

• Like 1

i think from what you have described a dinosaur/prehistory creature that used to live in swamp water

Are you sure it was not a plastic bag filled with empty plastic bottles blowing in the wind?

• Like 1

I thought its moved like a crocodile was slow moving. But was defo watching and tracking us. As it changed direction when we did.just know it wasn't a seal cow or dog

Personally I would be going back to the beach. It did you no harm, hope it was not a stranded mammal which needed help! I would have called 0300 1234 999.

I can not see how you could have told what it was or was not, the pics show it was dark and how could you tell it was watching you? But any way, have a look at this:

http://www.bdmlr.org.uk/index.php?page=stranded-animals

• Like 1

Look I came for advice. Nothing was.stranded. As it disappeared when we looked back. It was following us so must have been looking at us. We'll I know no never to come on here again

Look I came for advice. Nothing was.stranded. As it disappeared when we looked back. It was following us so must have been looking at us. We'll I know no never to come on here again

dont get annoyed, go back there and look for prints.

You came here to get facts and we are giving opinions and not facts

I'm not annoyed. We know what we sore. And it wasn't any dog seal. But we will do back and see if it's there tonight

And that is exactly what you are getting. If you had been certain what it was or was not in the 1st place, you would not have come here for Advice.

What are are you expecting us to say, maybe post #15? And that was a joke.

We are doing the best we can with very little evidence from some very sketchy pics.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

I took the best photos I could. Wasn't a crab I don't think. I will do back and have another look tonight.

• Like 2