Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Maria Miller apologises for handling of ....

keithisco

Will she do the right thing and resign???

"If the Commissioner had been able swiftly to establish the facts relating to Mrs Miller's mortgages, and had been able to gather the documentation which would have allowed her (and has allowed us) to judge the relationship between the changes in bank base rate and the interest charged to Mrs Miller, this might have been a relatively minor matter," the committee said.

Instead, it said, the investigation had been mired in "delay and difficulty", arising from "incomplete documentation and fragmentary information".

"Mrs Miller has to carry significant responsibility for that."

"Officials would press her for information and the information that was provided appears to have been the minimum necessary," it explained.

She gave incomplete evidence, tried to obfusticate the proceedings, and basically stole from the Taxpayer. A typical Politician in other words. She, and anyone else caught out in this manner should be banned from holding ANY Political office, IMO

Link (courtesy BBC): http://www.bbc.com/n...litics-26865695

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 3

As well as Ms Miller, the investigating committee should also be forced to resign. How can anyone so blatantly committing fraud be found "not guilty of making false expenses claims"?

The Standards Committee ensure the bus tickets are well-watered before slapping MP's on the wrist with them.

• Like 2

hopefully where the committee failed, people power will succeed, at the next election the people in her constituency should vote her out. Okay she'll get a pay off but after that she'll be finished. all political careers end in disaster.

What I find incredible is that these people do not have a conscience. Public money is avaialable fo them to feed at the trough, they can lie, tell "partial" truths and will still get elected next time because they said "sorry". The amounts are staggering when you consider that failure to pay the BBC license fee can (and often does) lead to a Criminal conviction, and possible incarceration.

Bring the Politicians to account in a criminal court (not a Civil Court) and force them to live up to the standards expected of the electorate! :yes:

• Like 2

Aww her apology makes me feel so much better ... not

She is just another in a long line of the thieving gits that got caught out.

She won't resign, she has got more front than Brighton Pier, her apology has been accepted by Parliament so is expected to be accepted by us serfs :td:

• Like 2

She's resigned now as a MP.It should have been hard labour on a chain gang.Not just for tax expense diddling but the way she's put the boot in Remploy and disabled people in general.I might be okay now but some of my fellow ex employees are still in the doldrums.If only they could reverse the decision and re-open them.Exclusively for the guys who do need sheltered employment.

Edited by Bonecrusher

She's resigned now as a MP.It should have been hard labour on a chain gang.Not just for tax expense diddling but the way she's put the boot in Remploy and disabled people in general.I might be okay now but some of my fellow ex employees are still in the doldrums.If only they could reverse the decision and re-open them.Exclusively for the guys who do need sheltered employment.

as she resigned as a MP or just as culture secretary, because there's a big difference. if she's resigned as a MP, she is out of a job, but as i suspect she'll resign only from the position of culture secretary. meaning she remains a MP. so in short nothing as changed. a political line will have been drawn under the issue and everyone politicians and media alike move on like nothing as happened.

Benefits cheat pure and simple, however she and her cronies try to spin it.

What continues to gall is that in resigning as a minister she still gets a 17K pay-off for doing that, if I resign from my private sector job I get diddly squat!!!

Benefits cheat pure and simple, however she and her cronies try to spin it.

What continues to gall is that in resigning as a minister she still gets a 17K pay-off for doing that, if I resign from my private sector job I get diddly squat!!!

She has donated that to a LOCAL charity...

Bit worried about the LOCAL votes then eh Maria?

Not surprised after what some locals said about their wonderful MP

hopefully where the committee failed, people power will succeed, at the next election the people in her constituency should vote her out. Okay she'll get a pay off but after that she'll be finished. all political careers end in disaster.

And then she will be replaced by another from the same stable...The whole rotten system wants replacing not the MP.

She has donated that to a LOCAL charity...

Bit worried about the LOCAL votes then eh Maria?

Not surprised after what some locals said about their wonderful MP

Yep, she chooses to donate - but why get a pay-off for resigning

• Like 1