Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does ancient art contain a link to Mars?

Chauvet

Hello everyone.

I've got a problem that I am trying to get to the bottom of.

I have been studying the 30,000 year old cave art of chauvet and I believe I have found some rather interesting things. After I made these discoveries a person who goes by the name of Mad Martian found an image somewhere else that i immediately was able to connect to one that i had found.

Aside from that, other parts of the cave art led me to locate a certain site on the surface of Earth and I was amazed at what else it revealed.

This is a long story and a lot of the cave art links back and forth so it will be rather difficult to present it all here (my book on all of this is 82 pages) So, i am going to try to give an abbreviated version so if you feel you might be missing how i was able to find or locate or link certain things, please don't worry about it.. that's not the point of this thread.. the point is to show you something that I find rather amazing that is related in topic to this entire forum. Oh, and please axcuse any typos, I'm using a keyboard that has been used so much that most of the letters are missing off the keys and U'm not a typist.. I only use two fingers :)

So, This here is one of the very first images that got me curious. It is in the Chauvet cave and is 30,000 years old. I believe it is a very early representation of the eye of Ra

Horus-Leveled-shrunk-1024x804.jpg

Study that.. it is more than one image. It has two layers. The first layer is the obvious black lines. Follow the edges and see how two of the lines end in a 'shark tail' type of scoop (the line that ends at the bottom and the line that ends on the far right) The black blob on the middle left looks as though it has no reason to be there, but it does and we'll get to that.. Now for the second layer. almost central is a clear spot of stone that is the usual eye shape whilst around the black lines we have some white shading.. this shading is of a forehead, temple, ear and cheek and we even see the neck line shown as a very small black line on the lower right corner.

got that?

Now, skipping through some of the cave art, where a certain part is a map and leads you over to another section of art, we find this mushroom, or explosion type shape. It has been blended into these Rhino

rhino-herd-1024x667.png

There's a bit more to this image than you can see here, but this one in combination with a few others made me start to look on Google Earth and I realised that this cave art was actually telling you where to look..

So I looked and found this region just below Tehran and next to Namak lake.

Earth-Horus-zoom.jpg

now that image is also multi layered and contains a surprise too.

At first, not everything is clear, but once you take a moment to look and 'see' into the content here you realise there is a lot going on. Including an image of this creature below the 'head of the mushroom'

Dino-1024x440.jpg

Before I go off to another area near Tehran (you can check all this yourself) I'll post a plate of several of these images together so you can get a bit more of an easier view with which to compare and see what I'm talking about.. hopefully..

Oh and remember that black blob i mentioned.. it appears in the middle left, just below the 'mushroom head'.. And don't forget the 'shark tail style scoops on the cave art or the way this typical 'eye of ra' is drawn either..

eye-of-Ra.jpg

So moving to the East of this area there is a feline.. a BIG feline.. so big that it can be seen at this scale from 150kms above the Earths surface..

hunting-feline-1024x774.jpg

I realise what i present here is not the complete story but just to give you one more image as to how the cave art tells a story, check this comparison..

The eye of the rhino is baghdad, the ears and horn are the green terrain and the river can also be seen winding its way down.. I find it amazing that the region has not changed that much in over 30,000 years and that somehow, Baghdad appears to have been there for a very long time. (it's not the only location that appears in the cave art)

Baghdad-map-jpg-1024x702.jpg

So the art appears to be telling us a story that we can also read on the surface of Earth.. But maybe you are starting to ask yourself this question.. How in the hell did ancient "cave men" have any knowledge of the Earhs terrain as seen from above? How were they able to create art the replicates massive land markings..

Maybe this guy knows... He has been blended into the art and only half of him is shown. This is a mirror image..

a-face-of-ra-small-for-FB.jpg

Could he be an ancient astronaut? a visitor that passed on certain knowledge as I am sure the cave art forms tha basis for the ancient Egyptian culture.

But where did he come from? or go?

Maybe this image found by the Mad Martian can answer these questions..

This is on Mars and not too far from the famous face..

mars-eye.jpg

Eye of Ra???

Remember the shark tail scoop on the cave art image? can you see it on this one on the right upper end?

notice the central portion resembles a human eye, just as the cave art does?

Here's a compilation to highlight these points a bit more..

The blue markers can be seen in the colour image at the bottom..

Eye-compare-1.jpg

I gope I have made some sense here and that you are able to follow what I'm pointing out. As you can see from this short post just how complkicated and complex all of this art gets and trying to explain every last little detail would take a lot and you'd be flipping backwards and forwards trying to make sense of all the connections, but there is a lot more to all of this and i hope you have enjoyed this small sample.

So, thoughts, opinions?

Has something incredible been unearthed here or am I barking up the wrong tree? If this is all correct and right in any shape or form then it is a game changer..

• Like 2

i really think it's largely a case of pareidolia

not to say it's not cool how you link each one but i can see many other images in those pictures that you don't mention. so maybe i could spin my own tale?

• Like 5

I understand what you're saying and yes, other people will see different things too

Seeing what we want to see is a habit of the human brain :)

But, like I'vementioned, this is just a portion of a larger set that has "connections" but also suffers from ares where other things can be seen. from what I've found in the cave art is that if you think you've seen something then you have to find its brother. In other words, the art backs itself up..

Uf you notice that the very first image is the left side of a face.. So is the half that has been mirrored.. so two left halves confirm each other.

Here is the original of the mirrored face..

asetcrop1.jpg

The way it mirrors is on the direcr vertical, which means no rotation to make a fit.. just a straight forwards mirror.. This is not the only image to be mirrored in this manner so we find the brother of the method.

Thanks Davros, I'm aware of those two links :)

As I've said, there is a lot more from one source that goes beyond coincidence and Pareidolia..

like this hippo.. and some of the markings around him.. This portion of the cave art is also found on the tomb ceiling of Seti 1st..

hippo-match-set.jpg

• Like 1

The alien face you appear to be so interested in could also be interpreted as a bird diving at a frog, which itself is in mid-leap from a lilypad. Pareidolia makes the most sense IMO.

cormac

• Like 3

I'm going with pareidolia as well... Also, for the OP, if you have to mirror images to get the result you want, your on the wrong track!... IMHO

• Like 1

Pax, you miss the point.

The image was there already, but only half.

It had been hidden on purpose.

I have had one image confirmed by Catherine Acholonu who belongs to the United Nations forum for art and culture so I can't be as wrong as you may think

• Like 1

If I have this right, the mirrored face is, if you split the full picture into quarters vertically, the rightmost quarter. Is that right?

And I must confess that on the hippo artwork, the only similarities I see are a bipedal hippo (not unusual in Egyptian art) and a strong horizontal line. In other words, basically what you pointed out. Is there something about Seti I that creates a further link to Chauvet?

theotherguy, No, not quarters.. it's a half only..

Here is the original full panel

asetcrop-1024x434.png

Broken down to show the far right end with the face on the far right.

asetcrop1.jpg

Then only the 'half' face itself..

asetcrop11.jpg

of which gets mirrored..

a-face-of-ra-small-for-FB.jpg

Notice that no methods of rotation or other manipulation were needed. the image has been created into the art on the direct vertical. This means it was planned. The other image in the same section of wall is half way along the panel and is also a mirror image. It is this image that was confrimed by Catherine Acholonu (the United Nations member) and here it is. The fact that there is another section that can be mirrored on the direct vertical supports the first. Notice that the hippo is in the top left corner of the full panel and is facing downwards (deliberately painted that way to hide the obvious)

I am adding the second mirrored image joined with an image of a Roman relief from Austria

a-set-of-lions-guarding-chalice..jpg

The above is a multiple meaning image.. You have what appears to be lions guarding a cup (lions strike the pose we use today on modern heraldry) The Roman relief shows the tree of life growing from the cup..

The cave art 'cup' has its second meaning in two places.. firstly, at the bottom of the bowl of the cup there is a face as though you were looking directly down onto someones head. In the background behind the cup itself are two mounds, these are females breasts and the base of the cup forms the females buttocks. According to Catherine, this is a female giving birth to Atum/Amun

And i quote her here,

The leopards/tigers in mirror-image are very very intriguing. They are witnessing the birth of Atum/Amun – the Son of the Mother Goddess in the Egyptian Zep Tepi (First Time)! The mirror leopards, watching, witnessing represent The Watchers – the Cosmic Gods. I see two humanoid beings in the center, the one above is a Father/Mother figure wearing a crown with arms outstretched like a BAT, legs outstretched, giving birth. He/She is giving birth to the lower figure who looks like the SON. This lower figure is also with outstretched arms. He is lunching forward/thrusting his arms and shoulders forward like a swimmer in water. His head is bent down. His face is partially hidden, looking downwards, while the crown of his head is showing very clearly. He also looks like a BAT or BATMAN coming out of his Mountain Home. (The Bat is the animal that lives in the Dark, and it is a Black animal, just as it is portrayed in Batman movies. It is the dweller in all dark Caves everywhere. It dwells in Hiding. It is thus the metaphor for the Hidden God of the Egyptian Duat Atum-Ra/Amun/Tmu). A flat-topped phallic Mountain (monolith/lingam) is located directly below him on the ground, shaped like an inverted U. It is the Egyptian Primeval Mound or Benben where Atum stood to utter the original Creative Act after he emerged from the womb of the Chaotic Waters of NUN. Thus this lower figure is AMUN-RA (Atum/Tmu) rising from the Womb of Chaotic Nun at the moment of First Creation.

The image also represents Osiris resurrecting from his Tomb in the Underworld DUAT in a future time, wch is NOW – the new Age of Enlightenment. All in all the image captures the Egyptian First Time (Zep Tepi) when Atum rose from the Abyss of the Primeval Waters to begin the Creative Act. The only witnesses to this event were Cosmic Beings, represented in the Art with the metaphor of animals, for man had not yet been called forth (created). The animals represent COSMIC beings (the so-called KAs or KASHIs of the Egyptian Zep Tepi, who were companions of Atum in the Moment of First Creation (Zep Tepi). Leopards are totems of female cat-goddesses of Egypt, such as Sekhmet and Wadjet.

Their presence indicates that only goddesses were in existence when Atum was born. They were the midwives of his emergence from the womb of Nun. Goddesses were the mothers of the gods. And God (Atum) was born by a Goddess, who is called Nne Chukwu (Mother of God) among the aboriginal Igbos of Nigeria. By the way, the famous NUN River of Egyptian mythology is a Delta river physically located in the Lower Niger area of Nigeria, so too is the celebrated AN/On (Igbo ONU) – the Opening into the Bottomless Pit, wch leads into the Underground Duat in the mythical Land of the Dead which the Egyptians called AMANA, BUT WHICH IS ALSO A PHYSICAL PLACE IN IGBOLAND – A VILLAGE OF THE DEAD CALLED ‘AMANA’ BY IGBO NATIVES.

For a guide as to who Catherine is, check this;

http://www.carcafriculture.org/

Acholonu is the author of over 16 books, many of which are used in secondary schools and universities in Nigeria, and in African Studies Departments in USA and Europe.

is a Nigerian writer, researcher and former lecturer on African Cultural and Gender Studies. She is the former Senior Special Adviser (SSA) to President Olusegun Obasanjo on Arts and Culture, and foundation member of the Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA).

From 1999 to 2002, she was the Special Adviser on Arts and Culture to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,

Died 18th March 2014

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catherine_Obianuju_Acholonu

As for any further links to Seti 1st, i am yet to find any, although there does appear to be a general overall link to ancient Egyptian culture. There are things in the art, apart from the above, that just simply should not be there considering the time and the supposed intelligence level of the people who created it all.

• Like 2

Does ancient art contain a link to Mars?

One word. No :tu:

• Like 3

Pax, you miss the point.

The image was there already, but only half.

It had been hidden on purpose.

Or you're manipulating an image to get the result you want.
  • Like 3

Interesting.

You have obviously put a lot of effort into this.

Keep it up. It certainly cannot cause any harm and stimulates that part of the brain we tend to neglect.

• Like 2

As you never supplied any source links, I used googles image search and found this thread with even more images

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread912247/pg

Was this the source?

Either way, its still a NO!

As you never supplied any source links, I used googles image search and found this thread with even more images

http://www.abovetops...thread912247/pg

Was this the source?

Either way, its still a NO!

It would seem you did not read my opening post.

I do not need a source.

I am the source.

I wrote an 80+ page book on the subject matter.

It would seem you did not read my opening post.

I do not need a source.

I am the source.

I wrote an 80+ page book on the subject matter.

No on the contrary, I read the post, so are you saying the images are yours then? Or you acquired them from some website? And thats what I was getting at, the source of the pics provided.

Chauvet, I'm a little behind in catching up on this thread and your premise but one thing I must ask, have you any evidence to show that these 'links to Mars' are anything other than coincidence coupled with pareidolia? Something concrete and factual that separates your claim from speculation?

No on the contrary, I read the post, so are you saying the images are yours then? Or you acquired them from some website? And thats what I was getting at, the source of the pics provided.

Pictures of the cave art are freely available all over the internet. That is to say the pictures of the original art as seen if you were stood in front of it. Any crops, edits, etc you see here is something I've done in order to assist in presentation.

Chauvet, I'm a little behind in catching up on this thread and your premise but one thing I must ask, have you any evidence to show that these 'links to Mars' are anything other than coincidence coupled with pareidolia? Something concrete and factual that separates your claim from speculation?

I suggest you read through it first then before asking such a question, but in short, that's why I posted.. I did say that I was trying to get to the bottom of this possible link rather than making a claim that it is factual.

Do you not see the question mark at the end of the thread title?

To be honest, i'm a bit surprised that the majority, so far, has done their best to knock it rather than take some time to consider the possibility especially as this is an unexplained mysteries forum..

If it all is a lot of coincidence and pareidolia then there sure is a heck of a lot of it in one set of cave art..

• Like 1

Any crops, edits, etc you see here is something I've done in order to assist in presentation.

Aha so this is what I was after!! Id like your source links to the original images, un-cropped & edited etc. Its all well and good to isolate a part of an image and then suggest what it may be, but we need to see the bigger picture - no pun intended, to consider what it is has been cropped in the first place!

The below image has been cropped so you cant see other details, and its often claimed to be a grey alien in Egyptian art

close%20up%20of%20tomb.jpg

However when seen in its entirety, its not an alien at all

saqqaraet.jpg

• Like 2

This post is intended to be constructive criticism, and not a knock against your theory. I am willing to stipulate that you are an author and expert on the matter.

You have provided a connection between art in various places (Egypt, Chauvet, Austria), which is an interesting historical topic on its own. I do not think that you have provided enough independent support for a Mars connection. So far, your evidence consists of an eye-shaped crater, landforms that resemble cave art, and a portion of a cave painting that resembles a face. Is it not more likely that the Eye of Ra is derived not from a Martian crater, but the human eye that the artist would have seen every day? For the face, you claim that it could be an ancient astronaut. Could it not also represent, say, an ancient athlete? For the landforms, again, why do you suggest that the cave art represnts exactly those, and not a generic rhino, feline, or mushroom?

Again, I am not responding to your theory, only the evidence you have put forth so far in support of it. (I've had to rewrite too many college essays for exactly the same reason.)

Edited by theotherguy

I do not think that you have provided enough independent support for a Mars connection.

Here lies a part of the problem :)

I'm sure we are all aware of that so called face on Mars.. this 'eye' shaped mound thing is not too far away from it in comparison to the size of the planet, so to speak.

It was an image that struck a chord with me when I saw it. I find it to be so very similar to the other pieces I've shown that if there was any shred of a possibility that they could be connected would be rather amazing. The idea stems from the way that the cave art led me to use google earth to look at the terrain, and from there i found i was looking at other earthlu images from around 150kms above the surface.. There is a portion of the art that appears to be a map and it is marked with several spots that suggested direction, so i followed them..

Here lies a part of the problem :)

I'm sure we are all aware of that so called face on Mars.. this 'eye' shaped mound thing is not too far away from it in comparison to the size of the planet, so to speak.

It was an image that struck a chord with me when I saw it. I find it to be so very similar to the other pieces I've shown that if there was any shred of a possibility that they could be connected would be rather amazing. The idea stems from the way that the cave art led me to use google earth to look at the terrain, and from there i found i was looking at other earthlu images from around 150kms above the surface.. There is a portion of the art that appears to be a map and it is marked with several spots that suggested direction, so i followed them..

I'm sure you know the "face on Mars" is absolute and utter hogwash, right?

• Like 3

Or you're manipulating an image to get the result you want.

I noticed that too. Well, back to the thread.

• Like 1