Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mob beats Motorist almost to death

supervike

i dunno, seems if its a regular thing it'd have been caught by now its not that great a set up.

but a one off its not bad.

Weird that noone stole the truck.

• Like 1

sorry..... (too stupid) (deleted) :w00t:

Edited by lightly

They showed a short clip from the surveillance camera today on the news while they were talking to Utash's son Joseph who has seen the whole video. You can see in the clip the kid jumping into the street and getting hit, and the rest of the video shows the kids jumping into the street in front of cars, then back out before they get hit, according to Joseph.

Edited by Odin11

Just read today that the poor guy doesn't have any health insurance. He has over $100k in donations but that is nowhere near enough for his treatments assuming he gets out of the coma.

• Like 1

There must be some audio on some one's cell phone. If the mob is shouting racial epitaphs while they're taking turns stomping on his head, it's probably a racially motivated hate crime. At the least, an aggravating factor in the trials.

Apparently a woman w/ a gun ran out and helped get the crowd off the guy.

If what I'm hearing around my station is correct.

Kind of badass

There must be some audio on some one's cell phone. If the mob is shouting racial epitaphs while they're taking turns stomping on his head, it's probably a racially motivated hate crime. At the least, an aggravating factor in the trials.

I thought I read that it was an overhead surveillance camera in the original article. Could be wrong but that would likely mean no audio.

In summary - "White guy in Detroit gets beaten by black mob who steal his wallet".

Not sure why this is an Unexplained Mystery.

• Like 4

Imagine what the storyline would be if the guy had used a gun in self defense. He caps a couple, the rest run and he winds up in prison probably for a hate crime. This country is MESSED UP today.

• Like 7

In summary - "White guy in Detroit gets beaten by black mob who steal his wallet".

Not sure why this is an Unexplained Mystery.

It could be that there are seperate categories for different discussion topics.

Like the one this one is posted in is called :

1. Unexplained Mysteries Discussion Forums
  2. News, Politics and Current Affairs
  3. United States and the Americas

So, in essence this particular section of the forum is about News, Politics, and Current Affairs.

And even further sectionalized as those things in the UNITED STATES and the Americas.

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

Apparently a woman w/ a gun ran out and helped get the crowd off the guy.

If what I'm hearing around my station is correct.

Kind of badass

so i guess we could move this into gun save lives thread, lol

• Like 1

Imagine what the storyline would be if the guy had used a gun in self defense. He caps a couple, the rest run and he winds up in prison probably for a hate crime. This country is MESSED UP today.

It's a shame how I'm that respect your country is becoming like mine (Australia) and the UK. Can't even defend your own life without being thrown in jail. You're going out minding your own business with no malicious intent towards anyone and when someone does it to you and you try to protect yourself it is very hard to avoid any repercussions. The "best" thing you can do is wait for the police arrive. That's after everything's happened of course.

• Like 2

It could be that there are seperate categories for different discussion topics.

Like the one this one is posted in is called :

1. Unexplained Mysteries Discussion Forums
  2. News, Politics and Current Affairs
  3. United States and the Americas

So, in essence this particular section of the forum is about News, Politics, and Current Affairs.

And even further sectionalized as those things in the UNITED STATES and the Americas.

Hope that helps.

Yes, it does help. Thx.

• Like 1

It's a shame how I'm that respect your country is becoming like mine (Australia) and the UK. Can't even defend your own life without being thrown in jail. You're going out minding your own business with no malicious intent towards anyone and when someone does it to you and you try to protect yourself it is very hard to avoid any repercussions. The "best" thing you can do is wait for the police arrive. That's after everything's happened of course.

We have a quite old saying in the south of the US: It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!
  • Like 1

I believe that if the driver was black there would have been no mob and no beating, therefore the mob and beating were because of the race of the driver which is obviously a hate crime.

But then again I forget, reverse discrimination does not exist in America, does it?

• Like 2

its not reverse discrimination.

It'd still just be discrimination.

reverse discrimination would be if he was proclaimed king of the black people for hitting the kid while being white.

its not reverse discrimination.

It'd still just be discrimination.

reverse discrimination would be if he was proclaimed king of the black people for hitting the kid while being white.

What? the reverse discrimination that does not "exist" in the eyes of the DOJ is the fact that a black cannot discriminate against a white for being white.

What? the reverse discrimination that does not "exist" in the eyes of the DOJ is the fact that a black cannot discriminate against a white for being white.

I think his point is that it's all just called 'discrimination', regardless of whom does it to whom.

To call it 'reverse discrimination', would literally mean the opposite of the word.

Edited by supervike