Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could Noah's Ark have really happened ?

UM-Bot

I need to start another thread before this causes trouble, please wait and address me there. it might not be up for a couple of hours. I have to step out for a few minutes to go pick up my girlfriend- sorry.

The videos I made on YouTube are the beginning of evidence. The hidden locations I've not told of pertaining to them I have not told of, but 1.

I have told were something is hidden in Germany, when it's found, you'll know.

You do not know what evidence is, but that's why you believe what you believe.

You should contact answersingenesisdotorg if what you call evidence is so important & true.

http://www.sciencebu...zz_tags/2807_bc

Is this the "smoking gun?"

Doug

A better question IMO would be "Has Burckle Crater been validated as an actual impact location?" After all, it's been 8 years. Also, what flood records in Egypt are you referring to that support the c.2807 BC date?

cormac

Does Egypt even have a flood myth?

I've heard that the Mesopotamian one gave rise to the Jewish version, but not seen anything regarding an Egyptian one.

Not that I've looked hard.

And wouldn't there be some pretty geological evidence of such a tsunami?

And just how was Noah supposed to have collected the animals, like kangaroos, for instance?

Noah didn't gather the animals, God did. Noah just loaded them up.

Genesis 6:19-20

19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. 20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive

As a scientific minded Christian, I would agree that the Flood of Noah is fictional. It is a warning. A story. A parable. I'd agree that there is no Noah's Ark, just as there is no Garden of Eden. They were created from older stories from earlier cultures to teach a life lesson that was relivant to that era.

• Like 1

What will you say when it's found? O- well, right?

You mean found again? It's been found at least three times I can remember

As a scientific minded Christian, I would agree that the Flood of Noah is fictional. It is a warning. A story. A parable. I'd agree that there is no Noah's Ark, just as there is no Garden of Eden. They were created from older stories from earlier cultures to teach a life lesson that was relivant to that era.

True, but it also represents centuries (perhaps even millennia) of oral history, so somewhere in the shared past of these ancient cultures there may have been a real flood upon which the story is based. Not a worldwide flood, of course, but a flooding of the "known world", and for which the survivors incorporated into their oral tradition.

Same with the Garden of Eden, there may have been a group of early humans who screwed up and wrecked their relationship with God, and then the story grew to a theological statement about humanity and deity.

Just a thought,

• Like 2

The Black sea inundation seems popular nowadays although a Tigris-Euphrates flood seems more likely seeing how the Bible story is widely thought to be derived from stories of that region and the timing of the Black sea event is several thousand years off and quite a distance away.

Fact is, such stuff is speculation; myths don't need a historical kernel.

• Like 2

Wrong question.

Right question- Why do you say you see..."

Answer - Because you are not "born again".

Or perhaps he's just not experiencing Pareidolia

Sorry wasn't trying to hijack a thread- apologies.

Noah's Ark isn't a myth, you just can't see it right now, but it's not where everyone is looking or says it is (at least not by what I've learned).

Actually if you are going by the biblical account there are too many problems for it to be factual.

• Like 2

What will you say when it's found? O- well, right?

What will you say when it's not found?

I wish I could show you where it's at. The picture I showed you concerning it tells and there's a map that is on our planet that tells. Each lead to the same exact location Rayar.

I know that will not help most, but I'm prevented from telling because of other information I learned about. There are 3 hidden 'special places and that's one of them, when all of them are known and the contents found, something very important is going to happen... and believe it or not (I already know you don't), I'm preventing that from happening.

~much as people want to know the Ark's location- it must NEVER be found.

True, but it also represents centuries (perhaps even millennia) of oral history, so somewhere in the shared past of these ancient cultures there may have been a real flood upon which the story is based. Not a worldwide flood, of course, but a flooding of the "known world", and for which the survivors incorporated into their oral tradition.

Same with the Garden of Eden, there may have been a group of early humans who screwed up and wrecked their relationship with God, and then the story grew to a theological statement about humanity and deity.

Just a thought,

That is also true. I just have decided to choose to use the stories as tools, rather then as history. :innocent: Even if there is some remote historical basis behind the stories, it neither adds nor subtracts from the Bible story, IMHO. :tu:

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

That is also true. I just have decided to choose to use the stories as tools, rather then as history. :innocent: Even if there is some remote historical basis behind the stories, it neither adds nor subtracts from the Bible story, IMHO. :tu:

Agreed, that's what the author wrote it for - as a theological tool, not as active history or scientific observation. Even early Jewish and Christian theologians arrived at that conclusion, it's not "new" thinking to cover advances in science, based on what I've read. I also get the same message, regardless of the historicity of this event.
  • Like 2

A better question IMO would be "Has Burckle Crater been validated as an actual impact location?" After all, it's been 8 years. Also, what flood records in Egypt are you referring to that support the c.2807 BC date?

cormac

Burckle Crater has been validated as an impact site, but it has not been dated. It could be 4800 years old, or 48 million years old. No way to tell without getting some core samples and to do that, we have to convince somebody to put out a lot of money to obtain the samples.

There are numerous "chevrons" around the world, but that doesn't mean they were all created at the same time.

Lots of lose ends need to be tied down before this hypothesis can be accepted.

Doug

The ark was a spaceship that was built to store just the DNA from 2 of every animal so it didn't need to be that big, god was an alien

Collecting animal DNA to insure the survival of a species makes way more sense. I saw Myth Busters trying to heard cats ! We wouldn't have any today if Noah had to try and wrangle them onto an Ark !

• Like 2

Burckle Crater has been validated as an impact site, but it has not been dated. It could be 4800 years old, or 48 million years old. No way to tell without getting some core samples and to do that, we have to convince somebody to put out a lot of money to obtain the samples.

There are numerous "chevrons" around the world, but that doesn't mean they were all created at the same time.

Lots of lose ends need to be tied down before this hypothesis can be accepted.

Doug

Until those loose ends, including properly dating the site, are tied up it's a bit early IMO to be jumping the gun as to whether it's related to any "Great Flood" story.

Still doesn't answer the question of what flood records in Egypt you were referring to earlier that are relevant to the c.2807 BC date.

cormac

Until those loose ends, including properly dating the site, are tied up it's a bit early IMO to be jumping the gun as to whether it's related to any "Great Flood" story.

Agreed. Still needs some work.

Still doesn't answer the question of what flood records in Egypt you were referring to earlier that are relevant to the c.2807 BC date.

cormac

Hieroglyphics dating from the reign of Semerket, Sixth Pharaoh of the First Dynasty.

Doug

Agreed. Still needs some work.

Hieroglyphics dating from the reign of Semerket, Sixth Pharaoh of the First Dynasty.

Doug

This would appear to be untenable since most sources of which I'm aware suggest Semerkhet, as well as artifacts of a servant of his named Nefer, predate the c.2807 BC date by at least several decades.

It should also be noted that Semerkhet's reign was only 8 1/2 years.

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt

This would appear to be untenable since most sources of which I'm aware suggest Semerkhet, as well as artifacts of a servant of his named Nefer, predate the c.2807 BC date by at least several decades.

It should also be noted that Semerkhet's reign was only 8 1/2 years.

cormac

Perhaps. But we are talking about the THIRD millienium BC. Dates simply aren't that well established. Even in the second millennium accuracy is only +/- 25 years and that's based on only two observations. Missing the actual date by only a few decades when you have no hard dates to refer to would be doing pretty good.

Doug

I wish I could show you where it's at. The picture I showed you concerning it tells and there's a map that is on our planet that tells. Each lead to the same exact location Rayar.

I know that will not help most, but I'm prevented from telling because of other information I learned about. There are 3 hidden 'special places and that's one of them, when all of them are known and the contents found, something very important is going to happen... and believe it or not (I already know you don't), I'm preventing that from happening.

~much as people want to know the Ark's location- it must NEVER be found.

This is something that we have run across on Um before. Someone comes in with a claim, then while they are telling you all about it they claim it must never be found or known. Tell me, how are you stopping anyone from finding this out since you did from imagery that is still there and on top of that you are giving out hints?

You do realize proclaiming "it must NEVER be found" while handing out hints and clues is contradictory.

• Like 2

This is something that we have run across on Um before. Someone comes in with a claim, then while they are telling you all about it they claim it must never be found or known. Tell me, how are you stopping anyone from finding this out since you did from imagery that is still there and on top of that you are giving out hints?

You do realize proclaiming "it must NEVER be found" while handing out hints and clues is contradictory.

Something has started that can't be stopped. You could say in a way I'm the boy with his finger in the dike holding back the 'water (marks) and this hole can't be sealed back.

So... for the sake of the 2 different conclusions of it, I subtlety try to prove these fascinating 'watermarks with the hopes of somewhere along the lines of people thinking twice about God's free Gift to man - it's so important.

Note: mod's- if someone ask me a question please, my reply regardless of 'whatever, it should be allowed, not censored. I agree I should respect the rules I'm not arguing that, but when I'm asked a question I should be allowed to respond to it by my truth of it regardless of what anyone thinks. As much as I should follow what is allowed, I shouldn't be setup for what's not allowed, don't you agree?