Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Replying to the supernaturals

Sena

Being haunted by ghosts or other supernatural is a scary experience that I understand, but what if you reply to their responses and try to communicate with them, may that possibly end the haunting and create a bond of friendship?

From my personal opinion I think that being haunted by supernatural beings have 2 main reasons:

1: You've done something bad recently

2: They just want company

Many sources that I have read on this site and a few others states that nearly everyone has a negative viewpoint on supernatural beings, but if you just reconsider your thoughts maybe it's because they feel lonely and left out. If you have a feeling that you're being watched and hear footsteps somewhere in your house or anywhere think about the possibility that the ghost or the supernatural beings just wants to be noticed and not left out. Think about it, if you were left out from your group of friends and ignored by your parents you would want them to notice you, maybe this is why ghosts appear, they just want company and not isolation.

I understand that anyone would be scared if they hear noises and see supernatural beings however maybe not all of them are bad, some might just want to be able to call someone 'friend' and have someone that will notice their existence.

• Like 2

What an absolutely endearing post!

I have often thought the same. I think it makes sense, open to interpretation of course, but highly possible:)

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

Yes... I have had that feeling for a while... we should be helping spirits... I remember speaking of some hauntings to this lady who owned a bed and breakfast... she was also a qualified minister who had an interest in exorcisms.. I could tell because she had a wall full of books on the topic.. of religions.. demons.. spirits.. the history of exorcisms etc.. I had a discussion about how I thought that maybe we should be helping these negative spirits come to the light... they are drawn to the light .. hence them hanging around vulnerable empathic people who have a very strong light... they want to grow... to chuck those spirits back into the darkest holes that they came from does not help the evolution of humanity.. spirit... we should aim to shine light into the darkness create ;) 60 new shades of grey... rather that strengthen and fill the darkness by climbing spirits... We know we are only as strong as our weakest link... I would say that the price of latching onto our shining spirits.. souls is having to bathe in the light.. grow with us...

Just think of the psychological damage we would be doing to all the spirits we reject.. call evil.. exorcize and cast to the demons..

We are just making them feel unloved.. that they don't belong... and we know how that works with the humans that get discarded.. rejected.. it makes them angry.. rebellious.. revengeful... all spirit need some validation.. acceptance.. belonging..

I think that is where things went wrong in the biblical sense... the casting out of the angels.. rather than forgiveness.. understanding.. compromises... same with poor Adam and Eve.. cast out of the heavens for trusting the serpent that god loves them unconditionally... yeah right...all that God created was good.. so God's first sin of not forgiving.. not being a fair judge and hearing both sides.. God must have known that his adversary, Satan through out all time were no match for Adam and Eve's trusting innocence... not being compassionate.. probably was the inspiration behind all the negativity in this world.. all the wars.. ( the bible seemed to state that if things were done God's way.. then harsh punishments would be instigated... We know that harsh upbringings damages gentle souls... look psychological histories of most criminals..tough up bringings... Satan was probably having his revenge of being kicked out of God's family... or was trying to teach God a lesson of forgiveness... ( probably that was why Jesus was sent down eventually to help with this... love one another.. forgiveness... peace rewrote the revenge aspects of the original commandments.. Did we teach God how to truly love ? Did we teach God compassion.. forgiveness? There was not much of these in the early testaments... I think God.. or our understanding of God evolves with our evolution...

Oooops :) ... got distracted....wanted to share this...

This is what I am playing with now, the notion that we, like the dead, are projections into a plane where we create with the illusions of time, place, and matter. This leaves open the all-important question of what part of us might be doing the projecting. If we look at the dead and the preborn for models, toe-water.jpgwe see that they project into our world not just from a nonlocal reality but also from a standpoint of impossibly heightened awareness, meaning, from their immortal selves. Is that true of us as well? Are we projecting from that greater portion of our identities not focused in physical reality? Is our existence nothing more than a toe in the water? But surely like any toe, this toe, our lives, our projection, is sentient and sends its experiences back to the whole self. And like any toe, it would be in constant communication with the whole, receiving impulses, impressions, and drives from many portions of the self, including the transcendent self.
http://www.juliaassante.com/the-afterlife-the-oversoul-and-the-nonlocal-you/ Edited by crystal sage
  • Like 1

Sometimes I wonder if it's the opposite, instead of them haunting us, it's actually we that are haunting them; bringing back painful memories for the supernatural beings

• Like 2

Being haunted by ghosts or other supernatural is a scary experience that I understand, but what if you reply to their responses and try to communicate with them, may that possibly end the haunting and create a bond of friendship?

From my personal opinion I think that being haunted by supernatural beings have 2 main reasons:

1: You've done something bad recently

2: They just want company

Many sources that I have read on this site and a few others states that nearly everyone has a negative viewpoint on supernatural beings, but if you just reconsider your thoughts maybe it's because they feel lonely and left out. If you have a feeling that you're being watched and hear footsteps somewhere in your house or anywhere think about the possibility that the ghost or the supernatural beings just wants to be noticed and not left out. Think about it, if you were left out from your group of friends and ignored by your parents you would want them to notice you, maybe this is why ghosts appear, they just want company and not isolation.

I understand that anyone would be scared if they hear noises and see supernatural beings however maybe not all of them are bad, some might just want to be able to call someone 'friend' and have someone that will notice their existence.

You state we may leave the spirits feeling left out and perhaps lonely. I would think they have the company of other spirits to entertain themselves. I may be wrong but just my thoughts.

• Like 2

Sometimes I wonder if it's the opposite, instead of them haunting us, it's actually we that are haunting them; bringing back painful memories for the supernatural beings

I've been watching Long Island Medium and many other similar shows for years... One thing I have noticed is that all the spirits practically beg for us to stop grieving for them.. stop reliving their deaths.. worrying about what you could have done differently and to please move on and make the most of your lives...

Also I keep reading that quite often whenever we think of our departed loved ones.. they are with us... ( we are conjuring them up to us)... So... maybe whenever we think of them in grief.. or in any negative way.. especially reliving their illnesses .. their stressful passings... they too relive it? So that is why they must go to great pains in telling us that now that they are in 'heaven' they are whole... healthy and moving on with their lives... learning more.. growing... even miscarried or aborted babies stay connected to us.. grow... learn lessons ... ( to help them with their next life time ? ).

Filling in the gaps here is quite interesting...

Notice how when people are on our minds.. we dream of them.. even the departed often admit to visiting us in our dreams.. Out of body experiences during sleep could be us playing a part in another's dream...

I have read some Shamanic sites where they say that illnesses are often preceded by negative dreams.. night terrors.. as negative energies are about to combine with our energies... That is why Shamans often fight illnesses in dream time...

So many areas to explore..

But I have a feeling that sometimes we inadvertently attract spirit to us... eg: via anger.. grief.. revenge... someone who did us wrong... someone we want another chance with to do things better... or differently... memories of hurt.. embarrassment.. joy... longing... fear... all create strong connections to others.. emotions.. feelings.. create chords that bind.. connect..

That is why Ho'oponopono is a good medium for healing energies... clearing connections... clearing Karma... http://www.hooponopono.org/

• Like 2

You state we may leave the spirits feeling left out and perhaps lonely. I would think they have the company of other spirits to entertain themselves. I may be wrong but just my thoughts.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this subject:) You are not wrong for sharing your thoughts with us. Everyone has the right to express their way of thinking and once again, thank you for sharing them with us:)

Kind Regards

Edited by Asadora
  • Like 1

I agree with what you are saying about them having other spirits to entertain themselves, but at the same time if you think about it many sources states that only a ghost or supernatural being has approached the victims, would it mean that they are alone and in search of company. Just like you this is my opinion and it may be wrong

In Buddhist mythology someone who becomes a ghost is an evil person who died violently before their time. Needless to say Vietnamese think them worth avoiding.

I love a line in a famous Chinese movie where the protagonist is having a sword fight with a bad guy and says, "I'm going to have to kill you. Please don't haunt me."

• Like 5

In Buddhist mythology someone who becomes a ghost is an evil person who died violently before their time. Needless to say Vietnamese think them worth avoiding.

I love a line in a famous Chinese movie where the protagonist is having a sword fight with a bad guy and says, "I'm going to have to kill you. Please don't haunt me."

I would love to think that all ghosts are good instead of evil but bad things might still happen to a innocent person. So it shows that there is 2 sides to the action of the supernatural beings

That quote made me laugh "I'm going to have to kill you. Please don't haunt me. " :clap:

• Like 1

My opinion, based on a co-mingling of information based on my faith and information gathered from years of paying attention to what spirits say on paranormal investigation is, we should not try to be friendly with them.

That's not to say we shouldn't be polite or respectful, we may someday move into that realm and the last thing we're gonna want is to be met by a p***ed off spirit with way more experience than us at being this kind of energy being.

In our day to day we should probably do what we've been conditioned to do, pretend they aren't there. However, truth be told, when I am alone and hear things out of place, I am not afraid to vocally comment in their direction. Nothing angry or derogatory, just acknowledging my awareness of them being present. Yes, it can feel awkward, but so can pretending not to notice them.

• Like 1

Btw, scripturally, praying for spirits does them no good.

It can, if you pray aloud, make them more happy/quiet down, but as far as pleading to the Great Spirit to allow them or help them enter the Light, it won't help.

EDIT: Couple links I used to gather my thoughts for this topic.

http://christianity.about.com/od/whatdoesthebiblesay/a/talkingtodead.htm

http://christianity.about.com/od/whatdoesthebiblesay/a/Ghosts-In-The-Bible.htm

Edited by AZDZ

can someone please help me with my case, my post is "need advice for childhood ghost experiences", 8th april, 9.43

---please i need help. I was that brat that p***ed off a ghost, please help me with your opinions

Edited by little_ena
  • Like 1

My opinion, based on a co-mingling of information based on my faith and information gathered from years of paying attention to what spirits say on paranormal investigation is, we should not try to be friendly with them.

That's not to say we shouldn't be polite or respectful, we may someday move into that realm and the last thing we're gonna want is to be met by a p***ed off spirit with way more experience than us at being this kind of energy being.

In our day to day we should probably do what we've been conditioned to do, pretend they aren't there. However, truth be told, when I am alone and hear things out of place, I am not afraid to vocally comment in their direction. Nothing angry or derogatory, just acknowledging my awareness of them being present. Yes, it can feel awkward, but so can pretending not to notice them.

Your opinion is reasonable since we should make the most of the time we have left. To be honest I tend to do that myself sometimes if I sense or know something is not right I talk to myself hoping that the message will somehow get across to the supernatural being but then again that doesn't always solve the problem

• Like 1

Your opinion is reasonable since we should make the most of the time we have left. To be honest I tend to do that myself sometimes if I sense or know something is not right I talk to myself hoping that the message will somehow get across to the supernatural being but then again that doesn't always solve the problem

;) Ghost Whisperer...

can someone please help me with my case, my post is "need advice for childhood ghost experiences", 8th april, 9.43

---please i need help. I was that brat that p***ed off a ghost, please help me with your opinions

I'd say some Ho'oponopono might work.. . http://miraclesandinspiration.com/hooponopono4.html
  • Like 1

Yes, serve them tea and toast.

• Like 3

Yes, serve them tea and toast.

If it would be possible to have a supernatural being having tea with you that would be a rather exciting experience

Some research into the topic that may open up new thinking towards these topics..

• Like 2