Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Phantom cat on the bed

Jilliman

So for the past few weeks I've been feeling a cat jump up on my bed when none of my cats were in my room. This happened as I was awake in bed. I'd move my leg over to feel for the feline and nothing was there. I'd even search my bedroom. It only seemed to happen while I'm awake at night.

My mom told me last week that she had also felt the phantom kitty while one of our cats was on the bed. She felt the phantom kitty land and she noticed our cat staring intensely at the landing spot.

We've lost two cats over the past 12 years in our house so maybe it's one of them saying hello.

Anyways, just thought I'd share this story with you guys.

I have had the same experience. My cat Tia who lived for 11 years and always slept with me died about five years ago. She died one night while in bed with me. Since then very so often I feel her jumping up on the bed. Occasionally I sleep on the couch in the living room and the same thing occurs.

I am always skeptical in these matters, but it seems the bed actually moves, because that's what draws my attention. If it were just psychological I don't think I would feel the bed move.

I'm happy to think Tia is still with me in these circumstances. However, it still could be my imagination at work, but I like to keep an open mind.

• Like 2

I think it is our feline friends keeping in touch with us. I know that a few weeks prior to the jumps on the bed I was really grieving my cat, Meru, who passed away in 2007. I think she was saying, "It's okay. I'm still watching over you and I love you!" She was the cat that saved my life in junior high. We had a very special bond.

First off, how do you know it's a cat? Why does it have to be a cat?

Second of all, I have this same experience from time to time. And yes, we had a cat pass away a couple of years ago that was with us for 20 years.

But, I don't think it's a spirit, more like some sort of imaginary episode or wishful thinking. Also, I get leg cramps/knee pain in the bed every once in a while and the only times I have had this "ghost cat" experience is when I am having leg cramps.

It's a nice thought, having a beloved pet still with you, so I won't begrudge you that. I know I don't mind having the "experience", and don't really care to stop it from happening.

• Like 1

I don't know that it's a cat. It could very well not be. It just feels so identical to when my cats jump on the bed. Could be wishful thinking but my faith is leaning me towards it being her. :)

I don't know that it's a cat. It could very well not be. It just feels so identical to when my cats jump on the bed. Could be wishful thinking but my faith is leaning me towards it being her. :)

Which is good. I know my experience isn't paranormal, but it's a nice feeling to have happen every once in a while.

• Like 2

First off, how do you know it's a cat? Why does it have to be a cat?

Because dogs are much heavier.

Second of all, I have this same experience from time to time. And yes, we had a cat pass away a couple of years ago that was with us for 20 years.

But, I don't think it's a spirit, more like some sort of imaginary episode or wishful thinking. Also, I get leg cramps/knee pain in the bed every once in a while and the only times I have had this "ghost cat" experience is when I am having leg cramps.

That would be the ghost cat stealing your life essence.

They tend to go for the legs first, elbows second.

It's a nice thought, having a beloved pet still with you, so I won't begrudge you that. I know I don't mind having the "experience", and don't really care to stop it from happening.

:)

• Like 1

Tell that to small breed dogs. They would love to hear that.

Oh well, I've had a good run.

• Like 1

Sarcasm? poe's law and all ...

My sister and few others have felt a phantom cat jump on the bed in the back bedroom at my mom and dads house. They built the house in the early 90's and have never had a cat since way before that. But that's how they describe it too, a cat jumping on the bed.

I am always skeptical in these matters, but it seems the bed actually moves, because that's what draws my attention. If it were just psychological I don't think I would feel the bed move.

I am also skeptical in these matters yet I, too, have had the same experience only after we bought a cat for the first time - feeling what seems to be the cat jump up and walk around on the bed yet turn on the light and... no cat. However I think it is totally psychological - it only seems like there has been movement and it seems very real but it is not.

If you were to attach a night vision camera on the bed-head or something the footage of the bed would show no corresponding movement. Unfortunately, real life is not like a Hollywood movie...

My children and I all have had that cat experience too, the cats jumping on the bed, if one watches one can actually see the bend be dented in as it walks. Our cats who died hung around. one of them used to love to rub against my face in bed and it continued doing this after it passed.. . We know it wasnt hypnagogia as we also saw them like walk past doors or out of the corner of the eye when out of bed and fully awake about the house.

We even got leg rubs by what was obviously the cat while I was doing the dishes one time (and then the spirit cat walked into the lounge room and rubbed against my daughters legs..thou i hadnt told her that it had just done it to me, she felt it too).

Several times I woke up to find the cat on my pillow (where it had slept in real life).. and I was patting it in my sleep, really shocked me awake and I could still feel it laying there and was able to continue stroking it for a little bit longer

After many years.. one of the cats stopped visiting (they werent about all the time.. their comings and goings seemed random). The other cat stopped visiting only after it gave me a fright one day.. it approached me one day when I was half asleep and I thought it was something else at first (I'd been having trouble with other entities so had assumed it was that), before I realised my mistake I sent it a huge wave of fear and reacted badly to it before I could stop myself.. it went then and never came back.

Why cats do this and not really dogs (Ive heard so many say their passed over cats do this).. I dont know but obviously there is something different which goes on with cats (and not the old faithful dogs which one would more so expect seeing dogs are so devoted to their owners).

This is going to sound weird.. but Ive also experienced this with some ants I swashed on my hand.. I could after I killed them, could still feel them walking on my skin. The feeling was quite clear and the same.

Edited by sea-dove

I forgot to say.. Cats astral project when they are asleep. I experienced one of my living cats in spirit form when I was up and about the house but then realised it wasnt physical what I'd just experienced as I then saw it physically asleep elsewhere.

So from that, I know cats can astral project when even living. (maybe cause they do that when they are living, maybe they then are happy in the normal earth astral when they pass over as they are used to being there??). (maybe this lies behind the myth story of witches having cat familars??)

Edited by sea-dove

I dunno about astral projection and all that, but I do see where cats get their supernatural reputation. They seem to find ways to get places they shouldn't be able to get, and I don't know how many times I've kicked a cat who wasn't there off the bed.

I would really like to think it's my cat visiting me. She was an angel. I know at least when my mom felt it happen she saw one of our living cats looking at the spot where she felt it as well.

I think they're our friends and come to visit us when we need them. :)

I forgot to say.. Cats astral project when they are asleep.

Can you prove this?

• Like 1

I believe it's the spirit of one of those cats visiting you all. These cats were loved and you've got cherished memories of them too and such things are common among households where a passed pet comes back. I've had a wonderful dog who passed away and then visited me once when I was ill in bed, and I wasn't asleep.

Can you prove this?

I dont need to prove it, I know what I experienced so have nothing to prove to myself, its your choice whether you wish to believe it or not. I dont care either way.

Edited by sea-dove
  • Like 1

I believe it's the spirit of one of those cats visiting you all. These cats were loved and you've got cherished memories of them too and such things are common among households where a passed pet comes back. I've had a wonderful dog who passed away and then visited me once when I was ill in bed, and I wasn't asleep.

Cool, its great to hear that dogs may be able to do this too. Were you feverish thou?

I hope some others pitch in and say it about dogs too.

Edited by sea-dove
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...
3 hours ago, Hes said:

Have same thing terrifying 

You shouldn't be.

Nothing in the supernatural world can hurt you and it can only bother you if you let it. :yes: