Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yowie video

Belial

Two friends who claim to have captured vision of an Australian Bigfoot say they 'convinced' the elusive creature to appear on film by offering him a feast of apples.

The grainy early-morning video, shot in South Queensland on March 29, has sent an online community of Bigfoot hunters into a spin after the friends who filmed it claimed the clip is evidence of the mysterious Yowie - a mythical creature rumoured to roam the Aussie bush.

Jason Heal and Jason Dunn, self-described 'Yowie searchers', posted the vision to their YouTube account on April 5 and dubbed the strange creature with glowing eyes 'The Morning Visitor'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2yHs0GUxB

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Video in link.

Edited by Belial

And heres the YT vid, I must say it doesn't seem to be conclusive proof of anything. If it had a longer run so we could see the 'thing' come into view and exit the view, that'd be something

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 1

nn02sz.jpg

Night shot of the "morning visitor" (opacity 50%) overlaying a daytime pic of the same area. Creature is partly obscured by a small moss-covered rock or fallen log - whatever it is it most certainly is not "big". Maybe possum-sized or smaller...

http://home.yowieoca...J_Yowie_Search/

• Like 6

I really can't make out much from the video. Looks mammalian but could be any native mammal to the area.

Looks fake to me.

• Like 3

I cannot see anything decisive from that video.

Why do the eyes glow even when not looking at the camera? This does not fit with what I recall from night-shots taken of many other animals (on various tv programs, etc, that I have seen) where we see an 'eye-glow' which is basically a reflection and happens only when the eyes are facing the camera. And what is the glow above the 'eyes'?

I call fake based on this, and that the movement of whatever it is seems stiff and unnatural - perhaps a puppet.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 3

nn02sz.jpg

Night shot of the "morning visitor" (opacity 50%) overlaying a daytime pic of the same area. Creature is partly obscured by a small moss-covered rock or fallen log - whatever it is it most certainly is not "big". Maybe possum-sized or smaller...

http://home.yowieoca...J_Yowie_Search/

It gets points for creepiness. But this could be a number of things. Thanks for the pic, it helps with scale definitely.

Why do the eyes glow even when not looking at the camera? This does not fit with what I recall from night-shots taken of many other animals (on various tv programs, etc, that I have seen) where we see an 'eye-glow' which is basically a reflection and happens only when the eyes are facing the camera. And what is the glow above the 'eyes'?

I call fake based on this, and that the movement of whatever it is seems stiff and unnatural - perhaps a puppet.

Exactly right, :tu: so you setup a trail cam looking for Bigfoot/Yowie, and hey presto, you film one! As you do!! And as said before, my suspicions were raised due to the length of the clip, we dont see it enter the shot, or leave it, so yeh, fake as :td:

• Like 2

It's the same animal that is always mistaken for bigfoot, yowie, etc. This vid is just taken at a weird angle like all the others.

Here is a clear picture:

MDSC9743_800.jpg

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 3

All I see are some blurry lights moving back and forth, sorry I no see yowie.

oh wow a grey moving blob that looks like exactly like erm a grey moving blob... theres no evidence? that's the worst video ever?

Come on, people! It's behind bushes for a reason! Give it some privacy!

I saw a round, vaguely head shaped moving around. Could be a head. Could be lots of things, really. Reserving judgement until a better video comes out. (Not likely.)

Looks like a hard hat with lights on the front. The kind of light they use to keep there hands free.

It looks very stiff to me. Non organic movements other than the 'swaying' and did you notice thats what they pointed out? Could be somebody moving a doll back and forth and the filmer points out the 'swaying' as what makes it legit.

I can give you a quick run down on what it's not:

A possum, a dog, a cat, real, a koala, a kangaroo, a wallaby, an echidna (a word which auto-correct suggests should be "Chinaman" incidentally), a cow, a horse, a blue-tongued lizard....

• Like 2

Looks like a hard hat with lights on the front. The kind of light they use to keep there hands free.

I was thinking watermelon with two reflectors.

• Like 1

So, given the marginal video, was any video shot of the remnants of the apples? Teeth patterns are would be useful data.

• Like 1

So, given the marginal video, was any video shot of the remnants of the apples? Teeth patterns are would be useful data.

What? Actual follow-through of the investigation with scientific method being used? That's....that's crazy talk!

• Like 2

J and J... Try again.

What? Don't you know the Yowie swallows apples whole and then disperses the seeds in its poop! Yep, it's the major distributor of Granny Smiths all over Oz!

• Like 1

It's a Morlock! certainly not a Yowie, far too small :)

• Like 2

I agree it looks like a puppet to me also.

Who sets up an apple bait station where you can't even see the animal from the camera location. CRIKEY!! That alone screams fake to me.

• Like 3

Looks like a white barn owl to me. Even has the right movements for a barn owl.

• Like 7