Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Keen on befriending psychic.

Gman95

G'day.

I have never experienced any psychic abilities or encountered anybody that has shown me an ability to perform psychic abilities. This makes me anxious to meet and befriend one (If such things exists, we're all skeptic until we see it ourselves)

I can imagine being a friend of a psychic would be mentally fatiguing (Pardon any pun) as that individual may have a lot of issues in their life and will need a lot of support. That's one of the main reasons I'd like to make friends with such a person, I would like to be that shoulder to cry on or hold up. The second main reason is having that knowledge that it really does exist.

Am I asking to play with fire? Probably. Am I going to get burnt? Maybe. Do I know what I'm doing? Nope! Just throwing science at the wall and seeing what happens.

Don't think of me as ignorant, I'm just a curious bloke that wants to make a friend with a unique attribute and help them in life in any way I can.

Edited by Gman95

Welcome Gman.:) I am sure you will find some here. But we're not all fatiguing, and weepy. Tho we can all use help sometimes your offer is very kind. The ones who need your help will find their way to you or perhaps you will find your way to them.

G'day.

I have never experienced any psychic abilities or encountered anybody that has shown me an ability to perform psychic abilities. This makes me anxious to meet and befriend one (If such things exists, we're all skeptic until we see it ourselves)

I can imagine being a friend of a psychic would be mentally fatiguing (Pardon any pun) as that individual may have a lot of issues in their life and will need a lot of support. That's one of the main reasons I'd like to make friends with such a person, I would like to be that shoulder to cry on or hold up. The second main reason is having that knowledge that it really does exist.

Am I asking to play with fire? Probably. Am I going to get burnt? Maybe. Do I know what I'm doing? Nope! Just throwing science at the wall and seeing what happens.

Don't think of me as ignorant, I'm just a curious bloke that wants to make a friend with a unique attribute and help them in life in any way I can.

You really should not have had to post this.....

Someone should have " known " your offer and approached you.

that^

btw can we all safely assume that you played half life alot? xD

Edited by pukin Rainbows24-7

I can imagine being a friend of a psychic would be mentally fatiguing (Pardon any pun) as that individual may have a lot of issues in their life and will need a lot of support. That's one of the main reasons I'd like to make friends with such a person, I would like to be that shoulder to cry on or hold up.

Sorry your idea of psychics is rather warped, they are no different to normal people with the same old life issues etc. Actually many psychics may be more steady and stable then the average people as many do "self work" (to heal any aspects from their past) and do things like meditate.

The second main reason is having that knowledge that it really does exist.

The best way to learn that is to join a psychic class of some form and learn actually how to do something.

The most likely way you will be burnt is having some psychics laugh at your post as its so naive and judgemental over how psychics are. when most psychics are nothing like that

Most psychics do not have a need or a want to prove to others of their skills (but use them when there is a need so yes if you had a psychic friend sooner or later you may experienced it being used). If you wanted to learn about this stuff.. you should of humbly asked for a psychic teacher, maybe there would of been someone out there who would of been willing to help someone who wanted to genuinely learn. (Most people thou wouldnt want to spend their time teaching another just to prove psychic ability can exist).

People are usually befriended due to having something in common.. and not.. I want to be your friend to see your powers.

Edited by sea-dove
  • Like 2

Thanks for the replies. I don't quite grasp the concepts well.

Sorry your idea of psychics is rather warped, they are no different to normal people with the same old life issues etc. Actually many psychics may be more steady and stable then the average people as many do "self work" (to heal any aspects from their past) and do things like meditate.

The best way to learn that is to join a psychic class of some form and learn actually how to do something.

The most likely way you will be burnt is having some psychics laugh at your post as its so naive and judgemental over how psychics are. when most psychics are nothing like that

Most psychics do not have a need or a want to prove to others of their skills (but use them when there is a need so yes if you had a psychic friend sooner or later you may experienced it being used). If you wanted to learn about this stuff.. you should of humbly asked for a psychic teacher, maybe there would of been someone out there who would of been willing to help someone who wanted to genuinely learn. (Most people thou wouldnt want to spend their time teaching another just to prove psychic ability can exist).

People are usually befriended due to having something in common.. and not.. I want to be your friend to see your powers.

I did ask not to come across as ignorant. :)

Anybody can be taught? I presumed anything psychic was restricted to select few amongst many.

I don't see anybody putting up their hand.

What an odd way to make friends.

I wonder if anyone ever says, "I want to be friends with a truck driver so they can show me how interesting truck driving is and so they can tell me stories of life on the road," or "I want to be friends with an oncology nurse because I think they'll be sad a lot due to dealing with patients. I can make an oncology nurse happy."

It sounds more like you want to go to a psychic support group or something rather than make a friend with a person...

• Like 1

What an odd way to make friends.

I wonder if anyone ever says, "I want to be friends with a truck driver so they can show me how interesting truck driving is and so they can tell me stories of life on the road," or "I want to be friends with an oncology nurse because I think they'll be sad a lot due to dealing with patients. I can make an oncology nurse happy."

It sounds more like you want to go to a psychic support group or something rather than make a friend with a person...

I've done this in the past with other professions and have made solid friendships out of it. It doesn't take a psychic to notice I'm curious -- I have mentioned it several times now.

G'day.

Why do you think that a person with psychic abilities can't handle what comes with it? And needs help?

Why does having the knowledge it really " does exist" ? Mean so much to you?

Just curious

How do you think you can help? Also curious here!

G'day.

I think going into any situation asking to be friends in that straight forward of a fashion is asking to get taken advantage of, especially by some of the fraudulent psychics in the world. If it is mere curiosity, I am sure there are local mediums in your area who would gladly take a bunch of money from you to let you ask them if they are legit and whether or not they are depressed or dealing with issues, hell they may even throw in a cold reading about that dead relative of yours whose name starts with a J.

Edited by Roy Don

looking at your post you do seem genuinely curious thou had a funny manner of putting your curiousity.

Anybody can be taught? I presumed anything psychic was restricted to select few amongst many.

Yes, I believe anyone who has some genuine curiousity (not trying to set out to disprove!) so hence just a little bit open to all this can be taught, of cause it also depends on how good the teacher is too and of what area the persons skills may better lie in and if they are being taught in those areas

eg Im bad at clairvoyance but can easily learn other psychic skill stuff eg my psychic sense of touch is very good. I think everyone has some things in this field that they are better at then others.

I notice that you are in Australia (so are I), what state? I may be able to guide you somewhere where you can see some amazing psychic stuff in action.

One Tai Chi Grandmaster who has a school in Adelaide, held me up against gravity one using energy during a free public demo and seen him direct people who had their eyes closed using just energy.. amazing demos he occassionally gives.

I do teach myself very occassionally others to feel energy etc with tactile senses but dont teach this just for fun/curiousity reasons.

Note.. most teachers value what they teach and also of cause value their own time so if you really want to learn things like this there is often fees involved. Ive only ever had one teacher in which gave me free one to one lessons.. all my others I paid out quite a bit to learn what Ive learnt to do (Ive paid out over $2000 in this lifetime to study under some of the worlds best (I must say thou that was a lot of lessons). A serious person doesnt mind paying to gain new skills and psych skills are no exception.

Edited by sea-dove

• 4 weeks later...

Instead of befriending one, maybe you could develop your own sensitivity. Many can acquire the sensitivity. But it requires to drop skepticism, fears and other projections of the mind. We are dealing with energy, and as long one is skeptic, then this energy will permeate your whole being. If you close your eyes, you stop seeing. This is exactly what skepticism represents.