Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Husband disappeared, then suddenly reappeared

Do you have other strange experiences together?

Not together. I have had some odd things, I think, happen to me throughout my life but this is the first time anything like this has happened since I've known him.

Has he told you what he thinks is happening? Like come right out and said it's aliens or anything else?

What makes him insistent on "aliens look like humans"?

This is exactly why I hadn't asked this question until yesterday, I was afraid people would think I was crazy or trying to get a rise out of people.

Had I been sleep-walking, it would've woken up my husband. Because he is supremely paranoid and a light sleeper, he wakes up very easily. I crawled out of the bed on his side. Had I crawled over him, he would've definitely woken up. I've, in the past, had many experiences of sleep paralysis, but never have I once sleep-walked. I am 100% certain I was completely awake.

I actually meant the possibility of him sleep walking. I used to sleep walk all the time, wake up random places in the house not remembering how I got there.

And yes, there is proof that aliens exist.

Unfortunately, there isn't for aliens traveling to earth from other planets (which is also what I actually meant by "space aliens").

Edited by Blacksabbath

Busted...

Shame you didn't read on .......

While the title of the post is misleading the story is the same.

she probably means she had not met him at that time

The post on the other forum put that title in for me. I couldn't change it. It was him, not me.

I have known him for 5.5 years. He had strange experiences previously.

Hi kintun, any chance you can post a pic of the tiny glass-like object?

Any chance of this ^ ^ ? Have you still got it?

Most of the responses to these types of "I woke up and saw" threads suggest that the experiencer (is that a word?) is in fact still asleep. Personally, if I remember waking up, then I usually am awake. It's when I feel awake but don't remember waking up that I figure out later that I had had a dream. I almost never dream that I'm waking up, and when I do, I wake up for real shortly afterward anyway. Usually because I'm late for something.

Kintun, I did read thru it, it must have really shocked you. I sense that in your writing.

I can't come up with anything special. You say you are 100% sure you were awake?

Maybe, like 50% awake...? so that you would not notice hubby? and maybe hubby

awoke when he heard you trying to call him?

Nobody knows better than you if you were really awake or in a dream state.

wish I could help more. good luck.

• Like 1

I have seen examples of what you describe and even actuated similar scenarios myself deliberately, sometimes people can just zone out sooo completely that they 'disappear' from sight of the observer but are in fact still there...similar to sitting on someone when one thought the couch was bare only to be tossed off because someone was actually there....

that was a pretty interesting story, kintum, thanks for sharing it

and i think you have been asked all the relevant questions except--when you called your husband, and you say the phone was on the dresser? you didn't hear it?

and--any unusual odors that you can recall? or sounds, maybe a buzzing or an electrical appliance acting 'screwy'?

also, how was he dressed when you saw him in the hallway, just curious if anything was out of the ordinary..

well, of course i cannot say that he was taken, but the possibility certainly exists. i wonder, does he(or you)get a chance to talk to others who have had this happen? it would be good for you guys to have 'network' for a lot of reasons..

one being, is that if he was taken that night(or any other)chances are that they will come back again. and unless you guys think this is a party of some kind, you might want to consider taking some sort of 'proactive' approach if you find that there are signs of them being close by

that is interesting that he says that the aliens look like humans; from what i have experienced, read, and discussed with other abductees, there is very likely several humanoid species periodically abducting people at will. and of course, both of you really need to be aware of all the ins and outs of screen imagery; because if this is really happening to you guys, the more knowledge you have the better equipped you will be :)

well, i do hope that my opinion is wrong and it was just some 'fluke' but you say he has a history, that you have one, too..ah, well, just know that you are not alone is this; many others have had these experiences. the more that we share them and trade information, the more we will begin to regain some of our lost power and control over our own lives :)

Yes, he was awake, sitting on the couch in the living room watching TV.

I only tried calling him. I called twice from our house phone, twice from my cell phone, and sent him three text messages. Yes, they showed up on his phone, and are still there in the call log/text log.

His phone was on the night stand in the bedroom. He keeps it on the coffee table in the living room until he goes to bed, when he puts it on the night stand by his side of the bed.

Yes, he remembers laying down. He says he came to bed around 1 AM. He said he was unusually tired that night and wanted to come to bed earlier, but he avoided it because he was nervous about going to bed for some reason.

ok thank you.

I guess you can see where I am going with this.

if he was abducted from the bed then the mobile would have remained in the room. (cant think why the aliens would remind him to take phone.

So if the phone is in the room then you would hear it, wouldnt you?

is it also possible that when he came to bed, you had rolled over to his side so he climbed over you. Then when you woke, you just slipped out of bed without having to wake him/notice him?

If you checked the room in your search with lights on then this goes back to you seeing/hearing his phone.

I think its worth reconsidering a suggestion made by sweetpumper early in the thread.

take care

that was a pretty interesting story, kintum, thanks for sharing it

and i think you have been asked all the relevant questions except--when you called your husband, and you say the phone was on the dresser? you didn't hear it?

also, how was he dressed when you saw him in the hallway, just curious if anything was out of the ordinary..

hi Julia, you obviously picked up on my 'leading' question.

I think the question you ask about 'dressed' is very important also :tu:

I can't disregard his experience during this too. He doesn't remember getting up out of bed. He just remembers laying down and then being in the hallway, hearing me crying.

Simple solution, or one of them anyway, if you have a laptop use its cam to film the scene while you sleep, then you can rewind and watch!

• Like 1

... there is very likely several humanoid species periodically abducting people at will....

Why are people being abducted for? Do these abductions get reported? Have you met an abductee? Have you met an alien? Do you think they live amongst us? Just curious.

He says he

does not remember getting up out of the bed, only hearing me cry, and being in the hallway. He noticed there was a cut on the side of his hand and a few days later, he pulled a tiny glass-like object out of the cut. He never bled.

That must be very unnerving you both having the experience together. It does sound like an abduction thou I believe most of those happen astrally rather then physically.

Many years ago, I had a strange missing time incident. I lost 2-3 hours of time while walking home from dropping my daughter off to school (which is a 5min walk if that. We lived one empty houseblock I had to walk throu, across from the school). What on earth happened me to me? I got her to school just when the bell rang for the children to all go in. When I got home, I thought my clock must of been wrong but when I phoned to check the time I found the time was correct. I dont remember anything strange at all happening on that walk but something must of happened.

• Like 1

His phone was on the nightstand. He turns it to silent when he goes to bed and plugs it into the charger. I turn my phone off completely. When he appeared in the hallway, he was wearing his tank top and underwear (what he usually sleeps in). If he gets up to go to the bathroom or anywhere else in the house, he always puts his shorts back on as soon as he gets up.

The object that he pulled out of his hand was completely see-through and glass like. It had a flat bottom and three flat sides (kind of pyramid-shaped). He did take a picture of it, but deleted it from his phone to save space. He thinks the picture automatically backed up to the computer, but I will have to look for it. He threw it away because he "didn't like it being here."

I had forgotten about this because it hasn't happened in some time. We've lived in this house 4.5 years. During the first two years we were here, things would randomly go missing. We'd look everywhere for it and then later, it'd show up in an obvious place. For instance, one thing we found on the floor where you have to walk to get to the kitchen. We would've seen it there.

Sorry Kintun but this doesnt add up:

1- did you not see the phone when searching for your husband?

2- did it not vibrate when turned to silent?

3- how did it go straight to voicemail when you claim it was 'on silent' rather than 'off'?

4- why would you check for shoes and keys yet not check if phone was in the 'usual' places? (table or nightstand)

5- who would delete a possible photo of an 'alien implant' to save space on phone? (without ensuring there are copies elsewhere)

I think the most plausible explanation is that you were half asleep (as was your husband which is why he cant quite remember getting to the hallway in those first few seconds of waking and walking there).

• Like 1

I would be very cautious about labelling this as 'Abduction'. My wife sleep walks, in the past she has got up washed up fed the cats and watched some tv. We have gone downstairs in the morning to find the dishes done and the tv still on with 2 very pleased looking cats having had an extra meal. The Wife had no recollection of doing any of this. The point being It is very tempting to suggest that we had some kind of friendly poltergeist that washed up etc, plus it makes a great story. Also while sleepwalking she will respond to verbal commands but on the whole will not reply verbally. Its a very unnerving experience when it happens, and becuase it happens at a time when you yourself have just awoken makes it feel all that more 'other-worldly'.

The huge problem I have with Abduction claims is that generally there are two kinds of people who make the claims. The first are the wannabe's. People who have read other accounts and want in on some of that abduction action and so make stuff up. The others are the genuine kind, who have something legitimately strange happening to them. In those instances I would implore anyone who thinks they have been Abducted not to label it so, because the moment you accept you have been a victim of Alien Abduction is the moment the more mainstream help and support you probably genuinely need gets left behind.

To the OP, I have read nothing in your account that cannot be explained with real world down to earth explanations, however it is a fascinating case, and remember the truth is generally a lot stranger than the fiction.

• Like 3

I would be very cautious about labelling this as 'Abduction'. My wife sleep walks, in the past she has got up washed up fed the cats and watched some tv. We have gone downstairs in the morning to find the dishes done and the tv still on with 2 very pleased looking cats having had an extra meal. The Wife had no recollection of doing any of this. The point being It is very tempting to suggest that we had some kind of friendly poltergeist that washed up etc, plus it makes a great story. Also while sleepwalking she will respond to verbal commands but on the whole will not reply verbally. Its a very unnerving experience when it happens, and becuase it happens at a time when you yourself have just awoken makes it feel all that more 'other-worldly'.

The huge problem I have with Abduction claims is that generally there are two kinds of people who make the claims. The first are the wannabe's. People who have read other accounts and want in on some of that abduction action and so make stuff up. The others are the genuine kind, who have something legitimately strange happening to them. In those instances I would implore anyone who thinks they have been Abducted not to label it so, because the moment you accept you have been a victim of Alien Abduction is the moment the more mainstream help and support you probably genuinely need gets left behind.

To the OP, I have read nothing in your account that cannot be explained with real world down to earth explanations, however it is a fascinating case, and remember the truth is generally a lot stranger than the fiction.

good post. I agree Grey area. I would like to clarify that I feel Kintun has been sincere in everything she has said, I do not see an attempt to mislead/hoax members.

• Like 1

Sorry Kintun but this doesnt add up:

1- did you not see the phone when searching for your husband?

2- did it not vibrate when turned to silent?

3- how did it go straight to voicemail when you claim it was 'on silent' rather than 'off'?

4- why would you check for shoes and keys yet not check if phone was in the 'usual' places? (table or nightstand)

5- who would delete a possible photo of an 'alien implant' to save space on phone? (without ensuring there are copies elsewhere)

I think the most plausible explanation is that you were half asleep (as was your husband which is why he cant quite remember getting to the hallway in those first few seconds of waking and walking there).

No, I didn't see the phone. I wasn't looking for it because I just assumed that if he'd gone somewhere (which is what I was expecting), that he'd have taken it with him. When he charges it, he turns it over on the nightstand so you cannot see the lights flashing if he were to get a text or something. He sets it to 'silent,' not 'vibrate.' I don't know why it went straight to voicemail. Sometimes my phone doesn't ring at all when it is turned on and the volume is up, it will just show a missed call. I guess Virgin Mobile is just crappy service.

I didn't check for shoes and keys, I just saw they were in their usual places (by the door and coffee table in the living room).

I assume that there is a copy of it on the computer because our phones automatically back up ever so often to google drive. You'd have to know him to understand his reasoning for certain things. He has serious issues and that is why my original instinct was to make sure he hadn't left and gone somewhere. I believe he could potentially just wander off one day because of his PTSD, but I know that he didn't this time because the keys were in the house and the doors were locked, so there was no way for him to get back in when he 'reappeared.'

No, I didn't see the phone. I wasn't looking for it because I just assumed that if he'd gone somewhere (which is what I was expecting), that he'd have taken it with him. When he charges it, he turns it over on the nightstand so you cannot see the lights flashing if he were to get a text or something. He sets it to 'silent,' not 'vibrate.' I don't know why it went straight to voicemail. Sometimes my phone doesn't ring at all when it is turned on and the volume is up, it will just show a missed call. I guess Virgin Mobile is just crappy service.

I didn't check for shoes and keys, I just saw they were in their usual places (by the door and coffee table in the living room).

I assume that there is a copy of it on the computer because our phones automatically back up ever so often to google drive. You'd have to know him to understand his reasoning for certain things. He has serious issues and that is why my original instinct was to make sure he hadn't left and gone somewhere. I believe he could potentially just wander off one day because of his PTSD, but I know that he didn't this time because the keys were in the house and the doors were locked, so there was no way for him to get back in when he 'reappeared.'

ok, I thank you for your responses.

I wish you both the best of luck.