Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

hearing voice

Nic727

Hi,

It's just a very random question that I have today, what is the signification when you hear the voice of someone you don't know or your parent calling you by your name, but nobody is here or nobody really talk to you (and are like «I didn't talk»)?

Is it a kind of telepathy?

thx

I have heard my name called several times over the years. I could of sworn a time or two it was my Mom calling me. I distinctly heard her voice. I was compelled to call and see if things were 'alright.' Things were always fine, no issues period. each time it happened I was alone and it was quiet. in my case I believe it was just my head fooling with me simply because I was idle for a long while. Your case may be different, who knows. :yes:

Hi,

Yes it is a form of telepathy.

John

Because sometimes when you walk with your family or your brother (or sister), you hear the voice of one of your parents or your brother/sister saying your name and after that you are just like "What?" and they are "I said nothing" and it's really weird. So maybe it's because they think of you that you hear your name, but I doubt they think of you when you are with them. Maybe it's your guide who take a familiar voice to contact you? But you reject him, because you don't really know what is it...

But thx for your answers.

One day years ago i was in the empty house, in the kitchen vacuum cleaning, and I heard really loudly in my head vibrating, my mum yelling my name and something else. I immediately turned the vacuum off and went through the house seeing that the front door was open and the old dog who was majorly attached to my mum making his way down the drive way towards the street. Thing is at this time before he died, he was very old and blind and mostly deaf and he was by no means allowed out without being on a leed.

It may not sound like a big deal but no one was in the house, just me, I heard her clear as day in my head alerting me to the point i just instantly knew something was about to happen. When i saw the old dog about to turn onto the road my heart was in my mouth. I wouldn't have known if her voice telepathically hadn't alerted me. And the dog would have been a goner there and then. And how he got out i have no idea. It was like having eyes on the back of my head.

I can't explain why it was her voice, just that the dog and her were highly connected. But That's telepathy for you.

• Like 1

Hearing a voice when alone…Yes!

The first time was during my junior years when playing alone inside the family home and I heard the voice of an unknown male call my name…I thought the incident was strange at the time but I kept it to myself.

The second time was during my teen years when I was walking along an empty street at dawn with a female cousin called Janis. From the skies above I heard a male voice call my name and I looked around and behind me and then at Janis who was gawping at me with a shocked look on her face. I asked her if she heard something and she confirmed that she had and then she also confessed that it was my name which had been spoken.

It may seem odd but rather than being fearful of the strange phenomenon I was more relieved to know that the voice wasn’t merely my imagination.

I’ve previously pondered about the disembodied voice although with passing years I’ve subsequently put the anonymous name caller in the unexplained box however I have toyed with the idea of aliens or apparitions and such but then again…Maybe! Madness does run in the family after all…

When I was a kid and fishing in mountain streams with my dad we woukd become separated occasionally by a bend in the stream or just through the course of fishing. I would hear him call my name as if it were comeing from the ripples of the water. I would become worried that he was looking for me so I would go find him to discover I had "imagined" it. And he was not calling for me.

Years latter as an older teen I told him about it. It turned out he was hearing me call him through the water aswell. We had a system of constantly checking on each other because of this telepathic connection woven into the sound of the stream.

After he died I was worried I would hear him in the water still, it took me a few years to get up enough nerve to traverse those streams again. When I did...nothing. Fast forward a dozen or so years, I hear it again. Only this time I'm taking a shower, and its not my dad, its my son. He calls to me through the water again. I wrap a towl around me and check on him. Now when I'm separated from all three of my sons, I will here the word "daddy" whispered through the sounds of water. Sometimes sprinklers, some times a faucet, many times in the shower or in the streams and rivers when I'm out.

Just last year while messing around at the lake my oldest wondered around a little peninsula out of site. I wasn't worried I could still hear him in the water. Then he comes back and looks at me kind of funny and asked if I had called to him. I had not, but I knew what he was experiencing. I thought for a moment about telling him.... naaaaa ill wait till he is older. I say, yes booba ( his parent only nickname). I was just checking on you. He kinda looks at the water and goes about his business of playing and exploring. I sit down to watch my others and he wonders off. But I can still hear him in the water and a satisfying feeling comes over me that he can hear me as well.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1