Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

20 injured in Senior High School knife attack

Still Waters

Twenty people were injured -- four seriously -- in multiple stabbings this morning inside Franklin Regional Senior High School in Murrysville. Most of the injured were students.

A witness said the male suspect, a student, was tackled by assistant principal Sam King.

http://www.post-gaze...es/201404090148

Ah, geez. Better ban those knives now and pass a law against stabbing people.

• Like 3

When they use a word like "tackled" it makes me wonder if the person doing the tackling was a former (American) football player. Because, y'know, using a word like subdued isn't as action-packed.

• Like 3

You know what this reminds me of? This reminds me of prisoners in a prison, who make homemade knives (shanks), when they stab each other. They say the schools are starting to mimic prison systems now.

• Like 1

Ah, geez. Better ban those knives now and pass a law against stabbing people.

That's what I was thinking. :/

• Like 2

When they use a word like "tackled" it makes me wonder if the person doing the tackling was a former (American) football player. Because, y'know, using a word like subdued isn't as action-packed.

Subdued could mean anything, tackled means only one thing.

Cnn reporter has already tried to make this about guns.

But, tell me now this happened when only those who use automatic guns could have such a high body count.

• Like 2

Subdued could mean anything, tackled means only one thing.

Cnn reporter has already tried to make this about guns.

But, tell me now this happened when only those who use automatic guns could have such a high body count.

Are you kidding me?! God. >_<

I hope everyone makes a full recovery.

Are you kidding me?! God. >_<

I hope everyone makes a full recovery.

The media and the pro-gunners love to turn everything into a gun debate.

What they are too intellectually stunted to realize is how much worse it would have been with a gun. So expect many 'better ban knives" comments.

• Like 2

What they are too intellectually stunted to realize is how much worse it would have been with a gun. So expect many 'better ban knives" comments.

Yup, they cry about it, yet are the first ones to bring up guns when something like this happens. Case in point? This thread.

• Like 2

Yup, they cry about it, yet are the first ones to bring up guns when something like this happens. Case in point? This thread.

This is true, but to be fair many of the more vocal anti-gun people say things like this(people/kids going out and hurting as many others as they can) wouldn't happen if we had no guns. Pro-gun people like to point out that it's not the guns so much as the person.

• Like 5

This is true, but to be fair many of the more vocal anti-gun people say things like this(people/kids going out and hurting as many others as they can) wouldn't happen if we had no guns. Pro-gun people like to point out that it's not the guns so much as the person.

Show me one anti-gun person that says knife attacks are caused by guns.

Oh good, another pro-gun sarcastic response thread....

it was not untill you turned it into one. you are the one that mentioned guns here, and keep involving pro gunners here, sounds like instigation to me. would you like bring up taxes too, or ACa while you're at it????

• Like 1

How about discussing why some students are using violence and malice to express themselves?

(And by the way, guns for protection at school would only be effective if every hallway and line of sight is covered at one time.)

Show me one anti-gun person that says knife attacks are caused by guns.

I never said knife attacks were. I said some anti-gun people have spoken like no mass attacks in general would happen if guns were gone. As a result pro-gun people feel obligated to point out the irrelevance of guns in such attacks.

Both sides are a bit unreasonable like that, but that's the way it is.

• Like 3

How about discussing why some students are using violence and malice to express themselves?

(And by the way, guns for protection at school would only be effective if every hallway and line of sight is covered at one time.)

that is actually a great point. but there is not much to discuss, being bad and strong gets the girls in schools, and makes other fear\respect you, makes you popular, almost everyone wants that, not many can acheve it, some fail, and want quick fix, weapons and violence is a knee jerk reaction, some times they use weapons\violence as revenge, because they can't get it any other way.

pretty simple, it is almost never strong popular guy doing the shooting, or popular group, like football team. it is always unpopular, unsocial, those that are bullied, or mentaly not right people. and it is almost never a surprise to class\school mates, when they find out who did it.

Edited by aztek

Actually 20 people got hurt here, had it been a revolver it would only have been 6 people assuming he never missed. So you're wrong and also why are you turning this knife thread into a gun debate? Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

Actually 20 people got hurt here, had a revolver it would only have been 6 people assuming he never missed. So you're wrong and also whay are you turning this knife thread into a gun debate?

He wasn't turning it into a gun debate..he was commenting on the snooty sarcastic comment above his.

this one?

or this one?

Really? You don't get why people have that knee jerk reaction these days? I mean...never mind the Bill of Rights seems to be under attack in some way all the time...

thestupidburns_zps70dd3737.jpg

derp_zpsdacdf60c.gif

It was a semi automatic assault knife...

Look, I feel terrible when people get hurt for doing nothing but minding their own business. The world is madness. I also get tired of people always making things a "weapon" or an "item" thing....How about we take a hard look and realize all of this violence is "a mental illness thing"...

People are falling off their rockers for some reason and rather take a hard look at our food, our water, our air....our environment....we choose to blame inanimate objects in the hands of crazy people...so instead of fixing the crazy people...lets remove the objects from everyone...

Stupid...stupid...stupid.

• Like 5

this one?

or this one?

Are you confused again? The very first comment in the thread is what he was responding too. And don't play dumb like Aztek and say that the comment was not a gun reference.

• Like 3