Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nixon, Gleason, Dead Aliens

OverSword

Although very skeptical myself I always loved this story and thought I would post a link for entertainment purposes.

From the article:

In the Nixon UFO section reader's can read about the story of how Jackie Gleason gained access to Homestead Air Force Base through President Nixon, and there viewed dead alien bodies.

The accuracy of the story has always been questioned, because Gleason never spoke openly about the event. The original person telling the Gleason/alien body story was Beverly Gleason, Gleason's second wife from 1970-1974.

Now after many years of silence Mrs. Gleason speaks out again to confirm the story she first told many years ago. The latest interview is done by Kenny Young.

Read the interview here

And for a slightly different take (this ones better)

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

Obviously, no one here would give this anecdotal account any credibility whatsoever. I choose to believe it's a true story.

I am quite sure the government agency responsible for keeping the aliens hushed up were quite happy for Nixon to take a comedian to go see the evidence.What an absolute load of crap!

• Like 1

Obviously, no one here would give this anecdotal account any credibility whatsoever. I choose to believe it's a true story.

Just thought it would be a fun one to post. Keep in mind some younger posters likely have no idea who Gleason or (sadly) Nixon are :passifier:

I can just picture it. After a day of margaritas and golfing Jackie now on his third martini of the night has a drunken Nixon come and pick him up and drunkenly drive him swerving and speeding to an airforce base to check out some frozen aliens, probably smoking cigarettes and getting ashes all over the corpses. For some reason I like this story better than most (my version anyway)

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

Jackie Gleason was quite a guy, not only a very good golfer, but he was a great pool player too.

Gleason took all his own shots in the move, "The Hustler".

Gleason played Minnesota Fats, and the hustler, who wanted to beat him badly, was Fast Eddie Felton,

played by Paul Newman, who later starred as the aging pool great on the move, "The Color of Money".

Anywho, I have no idea what to make of this story. It is, after all, 3rd hand?, I guess?

oh,and Jackie.. no pics??? LOL

• Like 2

My guess is he wanted to see who his wife's company would be after BOOM STRAIGHT TO THE MOON!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Although very skeptical myself I always loved this story and thought I would post a link for entertainment purposes.

From the article:

In the Nixon UFO section reader's can read about the story of how Jackie Gleason gained access to Homestead Air Force Base through President Nixon, and there viewed dead alien bodies.

The accuracy of the story has always been questioned, because Gleason never spoke openly about the event. The original person telling the Gleason/alien body story was Beverly Gleason, Gleason's second wife from 1970-1974.

Now after many years of silence Mrs. Gleason speaks out again to confirm the story she first told many years ago. The latest interview is done by Kenny Young.

Read the interview here

And for a slightly different take (this ones better)

I recently heard of this conspiracy / story . It left me wondering how the then President was capable of traveling 'round without secret service ?And also, I was not aware that a president is permitted to enter anywhere on a base - unattended - and with whomever he wants to show whatever to , all with no questions asked.Just doesn't seem possible to happen like that.

But if it's true , and if it did happen like that , why isn't the truth openly out there ? Does anyone believe this story , as told by Gleason really happened ?

• Like 1

You see how boring ufology really is? Its always a shot down or crashed ufo, captured with no-one ever knowing and stored in secure anonymous facilities... so IMO ufo's and aliens are crap, they cant drive the craft without getting shot out the sky or crashing. And they never seem to have safety features on board like us thick ape men thought off, like ejector seats, escape pods....pfft...call them advanced? They crash and die. Always. Then, are put on display in glass cases, and years later all trace has vanished.

How many stories follow the same formula? Roswell, Boyd Bushman, and many more have similar (debunked) tales

COME ON people...anyway, heres another great post about the story (debunk)

http://skeptoid.com/...me-dead-aliens/

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

Ha! At 3.38 into the TERRIBLE vid what do we see? Boyd Bushmans doll....AGAIN!

Edited by seeder

now we all know what excuse Gleason used when his wife asked him where he came from in the middle of the night....

"uh...i was....meeting....President Nixon! And he showed me his....dead aliens!" :D

that's as believable as Devid Serreda saying "they offered me to see the dead aliens, but i couldn't be bothered, the ride would have been too long"...

• Like 2

The biggest drawback, especially to the second version, is Nixon driving alone, no security, nothing. Not likely.

• Like 1

...the alein prop in the video is basically irrelevant . it's irrelevant because there are no actual pictures of whatever gleanson and nixon actually seen that night, if they did actually see what Gleason said they've seen.

Gleason certainly had a serious , serious interest in ufo's and et's. I've wondered if he developed such an interest in aliens and ufo's due to Orson Welles War of the Worlds radio broadcast back in his day .

Or maybe it's as simple as he himself had experieneced his own personal encounter ???

• Like 1

Its all in the way one Looks at anything ,One can Look, One can Talk, One should Look think,and Think some more before they then say anything !

Its a Start Im still looking ! :tu:

• Like 1

I think its true why would Gleason lie, he was a UFO and paranomal buff. Jackie was the king and away we go :)

• Like 1

I am quite sure the government agency responsible for keeping the aliens hushed up were quite happy for Nixon to take a comedian to go see the evidence.What an absolute load of crap!

I'm with you. I don't recall if this story was prevelamt years ago or when I first heard of it. BUT if i had heard it ages ago,,I would have asked my dad what he would have thought about the story.Why because he worked in military intelligence for the US Airforce for 33 years(1942-1975) had top secret and crytpto clearences and actually worked at NSA in the late 1960s to 1971. Then we came back here to San Antonio where he retired from RandolphAFBase. In a discussion about what NCR paper was,,he mentioned NPR paper which means no printer ribbon required and how they would have to destroy the printer ribbons and how costly it was.So someone invented NPR. He told me that his area would most of the time send things to the general NSA printshop.That is UNLESS it was meant for the president's eyes only and then they printed it right there in his divison. So if he and alot of other spooks never got to see any little green men why should I believe Jackie Gleeson got a private tour by none other than Tricky Dick himself. Unless Nixon was a complete and total idiot that is.

• Like 1

I remember reading about this a long time ago, in a paranormal book I owned at the time. When reading it, it pretty much accounted the same thing, but I swear that Mrs. Gleason also reported her ex-husband as being very disturbed and upset about what he saw. I kind of have a maybe or maybe not view of this now and then. But before I read your post, while I started reading this thread, I did wonder why a president is showing an actor something that could be classified as top secret. I don't see in the link that they were best friends. I thought the book I read said something about them being friends, but I know think even that is not a reason to show someone something like that.

Just thought it would be a fun one to post. Keep in mind some younger posters likely have no idea who Gleason or (sadly) Nixon are :passifier:

Tell me about it. :rolleyes: When Richard Pryor passed, I remember working along side a younger coworker and asked if she heard about the death of Richard Pryor, and she said, "Who?". I think I gulped right then and there.

My guess is he wanted to see who his wife's company would be after BOOM STRAIGHT TO THE MOON!

I never even thought a crack like this would have been mentioned, and yet I should have expected it. :w00t: That was awesome! :tu:

I think its true why would Gleason lie, he was a UFO and paranomal buff. Jackie was the king and away we go :)

Well, I'm in the air (sorry no pun intended) about it, kind of back then, kind of more now. But, I think the book I was reading about this, also stated he was a paranormal buff.

I had to look that up ^..Smokey and the Banit !

I have a close kind of connection twice with that movie. For one, one of my nicknames, one that my hubby bestowed on me, came from that movie. Two, my late brother I believe was a fan of it, and had the sound track to it. I grew up to " East Bound and Down, 18 Wheels a rolling!" Edited by Stubbly_Dooright

That was funny. Good one!

Edited by gadfly21