Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Singing Priest wows the wedding! WOW!

seeder

This gave me a boost just now, forget the fuddy duddy (imo) boring church songs, this guy belts out Leonard Cohens Hallelujah! :tu:

A priest has stunned wedding guests at the end of a ceremony with a pitch-perfect version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah.

The video of Fr Ray Kelly's unique version of the often-covered song was filmed at the weekend and has received more than 140,000 hits on YouTube in less than two days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...reland-26957527

Thats what the Church needs, lose the boring hymns, get some new updated tunes

Edited by Still Waters
"This video is no longer available due to copyright claim" - Video can be viewed in article source link
  • Like 4

Well that really brought a smile to my face! :D

He looked like he was really enjoying himself too ...and rightly so! I loved his little smirks during his performance. Well done that man :tu:

• Like 4

Well that really brought a smile to my face! :D

He looked like he was really enjoying himself too ...and rightly so! I loved his little smirks during his performance. Well done that man :tu:

Now if Church h was like that, Id start going again! The sermons I can handle - but the bloody depressing hymns... NO!

• Like 2

Now if Church h was like that, Id start going again! The sermons I can handle - but the bloody depressing hymns... NO!

Yes I agree, regular hymns are snore inducing at best - not that I go to church very often mind (mostly funerals these days)...but I would sure as hell haul my behind out of bed extra early on a Sunday morning if I thought I were going to be treated to that sort of service :D

• Like 2

I am compelled to keep coming back and watching it over again - it has really tickled me :D

• Like 2

I am compelled to keep coming back and watching it over again - it has really tickled me :D

yeh Ive watched it a few times now :lol:

• Like 2

I think this is going to be my 'go to' cheer me up clip for quite a while now :clap:

I'm going to send this to all my miserable mates :D

• Like 2

I'm guessing he has quite a big congregation. God bless him for taking the time to make a special day unforgettable for everybody involved. It is nice to see the other side, religion gets such a bad rap these days - but it also has these moments and these type of folk. In my own church we have 2 services the 9am and 1030am. At the 9am the "choir" consists of a cacophony of sound from some well, enthusiastic but completely tone deaf individuals which must be the "beginners group" in choir practics if I was being kind. I've learnt to go to the 1030 when there is a fully fledged pitch perfect choir - our Jesuit priest seems to prefer the upbeat songs so it really does add some fun and he prefers upbeat compassionate sermons, always finding a take that puts people in the need to be understood thru their foibles and cared for. I could imagine him belting something like this out if he believed he had a voice for it.

• Like 3

That. Was. Awesome!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Update -

An Irish priest who surprised wedding guests with his version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah says he is flabbergasted that it has received more than 28 million views online.

Fr Ray Kelly has sung the song with new, marriage-themed lyrics at weddings for four years, but his performance earlier this month travelled around the world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...reland-27048739

His fame is well deserved I think, he's amazing.

• Like 1

that must have been very special for the couple getting married to be surprised by such a personal gift from their priest

he carried it very well too!

• Like 1