Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Something In Common

BuffY

Here's an unofficial list of beliefs that some individuals in New Age may have in common:

You create your own reality and destiny. This is a planet of free choice, and you have your own free will.

You have certain challenges to face and overcome in this lifetime. If you don't learn your lessons this time, you'll get them again.

There is no such thing as coincidence.

There is more to life than meets the eye, much more.

Nothing really matters in this life unless it is done for the benefit of others.

We are not alone.

We are multidimensional beings currently having a human experience.

We are all receiving more help than we know, from angels, spirit guides, ascended masters and others.

We can heal ourselves, our society, and our world.

The ultimate transformation for mankind is ascension.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• Loonboy

• Kira

• FreyKade

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Buffy, I basically agree with all of those principles, but my ideas stem from my

own spiritual experiences and my spiritual beliefs, rather than any kind of New Age

mentality.

I especially belive in

Nothing really matters in this life unless it is done for the benefit of others

smile.gif

rolleyes.gif I agree LB with that one and this one

There is more to life than meets the eye, much more.

but yes all of them are variations on the ones that suit a person as an individual smile.gif

Edited by Celticwitch_00

i agree with LB and celtic....they should be things you believe in if you are part of the New Age movement. this kind of belief should be obtained through spirituality.

my belief for this is tronger than my belief fior the others, although i belive them all.

We can heal ourselves, our society, and our world

yes, i agree with everyone that has posted so far, but i also think that we should heal ourselves, our society and our world, by helping others, above ourown needs and desires. To make other people happy.

I agree with all you guys but I particularly liked this one:

You create your own reality and destiny. This is a planet of free choice, and you have your own free will.

A couple of those are a bit, wacky.. I believe in the principle of self healing, but it is actually hard to do. To achieve that, the person has to be willing to do an 'autopsy' on themselves, and most people don't like to see their own flaws. Much less admit that they have any at all.

Reese

I don’t agree with this one of them:

"You create your own reality and destiny"

This is only partially true, as the actions of others have a direct influence on what a person’s destiny is. This isn’t just my opinion, but is scientifically proven, like a ripple affect on water

But then again how you interpret the events in your life will determine your

reality, and in fact dictate your destiny...

..ie. the old motto - it's not a problem, it's an opportunity.... which changes your

slant on the situation...

But the statement said: "you create your own reality and destiny"

If you spent several years training for, and being accepted to compete in, the Olympic games, and the day before your event you get hit by a car and your legs are broke, then the reality you created and the destiny you created have just been shattered due to someone else’s actions.

So to say only you create your own reality and own destiny is wrong. Again, this isn’t my opinion, this is fact

wink.gif Ahhh but let me just jump in with both feet here......& play Devil's Advocate

the day before your event you get hit by a car and your legs are broke, then the reality you created and the destiny you created have just been shattered due to someone else’s actions.

But say if it was ur fault in the first place that you got hit by the car.... then you have still created your own destiny and broke the reality you had........... then again maybe it was fate that decided that it wasn't meant to be.........

That brings up a whole lot of ‘what ifs’, but what I was getting at, if someone drove off the side of the road and hit someone who was on the side of the road, breaking their legs, then their reality/destiny has just been changed by SOMEONE ELSE. They are then left with a variety of options, with which they can choose a new reality/destiny, which can also be changed by SOMEONE ELSE. Meaning an individual life is an ever evolving ripple in the ocean of ripples involving everyone else’s life, and nobody has ever been able to control their own destiny, and they never will.

unsure.gif Hmm I can see where you are coming from on that score.......

But it's always a good idea to question these things..... smile.gif

Ok, everybody that knows me understands that I can't just let this go without a debate biggrin.gif

For the most part, these statements reflect what most people believe regardless of their upbringing, as most of it is common sense.

One thing doesn't reflect reality in my opinion. For example:

“Nothing really matters in this life unless it is done for the benefit of others.” By this statement, it is wrong for someone to live in complete seclusion, as it doesn’t benefit anyone(unless of course they’re like me, and that living in seclusion would benefit society laugh.gif ), and in that case, it would be wrong for the person living in seclusion to eat, drink, sleep and breathe because it only benefits himself/herself.

DS,

Agreeing with everything ‘new age’ doesn’t make you new age. After all, by using your own belief in Jesus as an example, does the fact that Satan believes in Christ make him a christian? To become ‘new age’ you have to not just agree with these statements in principle, but actually apply them to your everyday life.

rolleyes.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gif See we got you to debate it after all.

unless of course they’re like me, and that living in seclusion would benefit society

Ahhhh we'd miss you here....... smile.gif

“Nothing really matters in this life unless it is done for the benefit of others.” By this statement, it is wrong for someone to live in complete seclusion, as it doesn’t benefit anyone(unless of course they’re like me, and that living in seclusion would benefit society  ), and in that case, it would be wrong for the person living in seclusion to eat, drink, sleep and breathe because it only benefits himself/herself.

The fact that each of us eats to subsist, doesn't really matter at the end of the day.

It's necessary, but on a cosmic scale, it's not a major issue.

On the other hand, helping to provide food for someone else to eat matters because

you have done something good for someone else, and accrued some good karmic

points...

For someone to eat, drink, sleep and breathe is not wrong. It's necessary. But does it matter on a cosmic/karmic scale? No.

(steps back and waits for the s**t to hit the fan)

LB,

You are too funny, what makes you think you will be sparking a heated debate? lol.

Since you guys have now touched a topic that is near and dear to me, I will post..

I see where Homer is coming from, he is just being his very analytical self. At least he is consistant, hehehe. (And, he does make sense)

I would hope that more people would do things for the betterment of others' but sadly the motivating factor to giving help, is being noticed for it, and being singled out as the 'savior' of others'. When the single most motivating factor that should propell another person to give someone else food, when they have none, is knowing how it hurts so to be hungry. Since we are designed to need this, it hurts the most when someone is denied it. But, sadly, it happens everyday and everywhere.. sad.gif

Reese wub.gif

LB,

The comment about eating, sleeping etc wasn’t whether it was good or bad, but whether it benefited others, and by my example it clearly didn’t. My point is, sometimes in life you have to do something for yourself, as a necessity.

So when the statement said "Nothing really matters in this life unless it is done for the benefit of others.”, my intent was to prove this statement was wrong. Even your own post proved me right by saying it was a necessity. Mission accomplished smile.gif

That makes two things about this new age stuff I proven to be wrong rolleyes.gif

So when the statement said "Nothing really matters in this life unless it is done for the benefit of others.”, my intent was to prove this statement was wrong. Even your own post proved me right by saying it was a necessity. Mission accomplished

Yes our bodies need food and we eat to meet this requirement, but the point in the list of beliefs is that when our lives are over, the only things that will matter are those which have been done for the benefit of others in that we have acted not out of selfishness or greed or maintenance, but out of charity or friendship or love.

Does something matter because it is necessary? Yes and no. Depends upon what you interpret the word 'matter' to mean in the statement. I took it to mean 'matter' in relation to the soul's development.

When you look back on your life at the end of your days, will you say: 'I fed myself on Tuesday March 4th at 18:00, so that really matters in my life.' Or will you say: 'On Tuesday March 4th at 18:00 I fed four hungry people who couldn't get food for themselves, so that really matters in my life'?

Both are important, but which matter more in relation to the soul's development?

(lights the blue touchpaper and stands well back...) biggrin.gif

LB,

I have already proven this statement is wrong, and you confirmed I am correct. I understand the meaning of the statement, but it’s the wording of the statement that is incorrect, and my point was to expose that, which I did successfully. smile.gif