Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FEDS move in on rancher - Remove Cattle

acidhead

he was not others were, watch video again. our nation is raped of its wildrenes as we speak logging companies seem to have no problem paying and getting permits to cut down trees, drug cartels grow weed in national parks in Ca destroying its ecosystem, and creating danger to visitors, whare is BLM???? but they had to bring almost an army, and appache gunship for his cows, yea. tell me again they do it for the tortoise, that they actually euthanise cuz they can't manage them. (btw land in question is pretty much a desert) again watch entire video.

I am glad to see someone else here that actually knows what the BLM does for us.

Thank you!

Could it have anything to do with this and not tortoises and taxes?

http://www.naturalnews.com/044670_BLM_lies_fracking_leases_Bundy_ranch.html#

http://m.shalereporter.com/industry/article_0de547ba-8ca4-11e2-ab4e-0019bb30f31a.html#user-comment-area

seems like there is always a secondary motivation...

• Like 1

Could it have anything to do with this and not tortoises and taxes?

http://www.naturalne...ndy_ranch.html#

http://m.shalereport...er-comment-area

seems like there is always a secondary motivation...

Uhm, no.......It is about what myself and Aztec posted above. It is about saving the land for ourselves, and future generations to use for hunting, photography, hiking, etc. Keeping it as natural as possible. Oregon did this with the coast line. Any land that was available, and is available, they purchase. If they did not the beaches would be private, and homes would be built there.

As for leasing out the land, that is B.S. I worked for a concrete company, and we delivered grout to some of the " geothermal " drilling that was going on. I can assure you, the Conspiracy Theory you posted is not even close to why they are doing this.

He's doing something that has been going on for generations without any problem. If the Feds decide tomorrow that they want you to stop something that you have been doing to make a LIVING will you be so sanguine about it then?

"His family has been ranching since the 1800s, before the U.S. Department of Interior was created and endangered species became a federal issue, he said in an interview with KLAS."

Time passes and things change. If the two judges who cited him in violation had not done so, think of the precedents this would have set. One could argue all sorts of weird and unethical things based on the fact your ancestors had done the same thing 200 years ago.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/10/us/nevada-rancher-rangers-cattle-showdown/

I'd be fine with cattle running around on public land if they opened up a cow hunting season. I could see how this would lead to a bad precedent though if farmer and manufacturers just started building farms and factories on public land. Probably could make a good chunk of money by putting a geothermal plant right on top of "old faithful", however.

Now, lets use a more reliable News source, and get the truth.

A confrontation teetered on violence Wednesday when Bundy family members and dozens of supporters angrily confronted a group of rangers holding Tasers and barking dogs on leashes near Bunkerville, about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas.

Federal officials say a police dog was kicked and officers were assaulted.

To environmentalists and the feds, however, he's an outlaw of sorts who owes U.S. taxpayers more than $1 million in unpaid grazing fees.

On Wednesday, a bureau truck driven by a civilian employee assisting in the roundup "was struck by a protester on an ATV and the truck's exit from the area was blocked by a group of individuals who gathered around the vehicle," the agencies' statement said.

In the scuffle with protesters, a police dog was kicked, and officers protecting the civilian driver were threatened and assaulted, the two agencies' statement said. "After multiple requests and ample verbal warnings, law enforcement officers deployed Tasers on a protestor," the statement said.

In removing Bundy's livestock from public lands, the park service and land bureau are carrying out two U.S. District Court orders from two different judges.

"Cattle have been grazing in trespass on public lands in Southern Nevada for more than two decades," the National Park Service said. "The BLM and NPS have made repeated attempts to resolve this matter administratively and judicially. Impoundment of cattle illegally grazing on public lands is an option of last resort."

Added the BLM: "Mr. Bundy has also failed to comply with multiple court orders to remove his cattle from the federal lands and to end the illegal trespass."

The bureau does allow grazing on federal lands -- it administers 18,000 grazing permits and leases on 157 million acres across the country, the agency said.

Bundy's dispute with the government began about 1993 when the bureau changed grazing rules for the 600,000-acre Gold Butte area to protect an endangered desert tortoise, KLAS reported.

Bundy refused to abide by the changes and stopped paying his grazing fees to the federal bureau

CNN News. http://www.cnn.com/2...attle-showdown/

The dude is a criminal, straight up. He thinks he does not have to abide by the law, like every other rancher out there does. He thinks he is " special ".......

Look at these bunch of rednecks ( I am a Nevada native, 42 years ).........They are the aggressors and idiots. They are lucky they were not arrested, especially for assaulting the police dog.

Love how they cheer when BLM leaves....Duh, they were done, nothing more to do.

There is a difference in protesting, and being aggressive, and threatening......Morons.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 3

Also on a website one of the comments suggested to murder the people who took part in the operation, natural news is the website

Guy is clearly in the wrong. He's had 20 years to remove the cattle. I think the Government has been more than patient with him.

As usual, the conspirasheeple are falling right in line with their leaders and are ready to fall on their swords for this guy. Unfortunately, like usual, they picked the wrong horse to back in the race.

• Like 5

conspirasheeple

We agree on this topic...but I hate you for a moment due to using this word

• Like 1

Guy is clearly in the wrong. He's had 20 years to remove the cattle. I think the Government has been more than patient with him.

As usual, the conspirasheeple are falling right in line with their leaders and are ready to fall on their swords for this guy. Unfortunately, like usual, they picked the wrong horse to back in the race.

Does ownership count for anything? If you own a house, can a future government act take that ownership away? Bundy owns the grazing rights to the land, and 100 years later an organization is created which implemented a law taking away those rights. Now if it could only happen to your house you might get the picture

• Like 1

Ownership counts for everything in inflation nation.

So who owns the land? One would have grazing rights on my land only if I allowed you to, which could be undone at my discretion.

• Like 3

Does ownership count for anything? If you own a house, can a future government act take that ownership away? Bundy owns the grazing rights to the land, and 100 years later an organization is created which implemented a law taking away those rights. Now if it could only happen to your house you might get the picture

Does he? I've yet to see evidence of it other than his claims.

And yes, a Government can take owernship away from someone. It happens all of the time and we have, as citizens, empowered our Government to do that for the common good. You may hate this notion, but we brought it upon ourselves.

We agree on this topic...but I hate you for a moment due to using this word

I like to ruffle feathers.

• Like 4

Does ownership count for anything? If you own a house, can a future government act take that ownership away?

see eminent domain

Bundy owns the grazing rights to the land,

Right, he doesn't own the property, he leases the land. The owner leases you the land to use, you're supposed to pay him money in return. Bundy hasn't paid for a long time I understand. I also heard that the government doesn't want to lease it anymore, that's their prerogative. No one can make you lease your own land. Leases come and go.

and 100 years later an organization is created which implemented a law taking away those rights.

Laws, legislation and policy changes over time. Agencies and departments come and go. You're supposed to accept and abide by new laws in a civilized country.

Now if it could only happen to your house you might get the picture

see eminent domain above. Nothing new here. It's part of the social contract, Leviathan, whatever you want to call government.

Edited by redhen
  • Like 3

THE BLM does a excellent job managing land in Nevada.

Including helping the populations of Deer, Elk, Antelope, Dessert Bighorn, Chukar ( and other fowl )....

They are a huge, and great impact on preserving the land from idiots on Quads, and 4x4's.

They also have helped keep the " rich " from buying up, building on, and taking great land for hunting, hiking, photography, etc. Without them, we would not have this.

How do I know?...I lived there, hunted there, explored there, most of my life.

Say they are bad all you want, ignorance is bliss.

I ride quads so I guess that makes me an idiot in your eyes? You should be careful in how you stereotype people into a single class when it is an reasonable assumption that you don't know every single rider of quads and 4X4's. It makes you look silly and uniformed and well, basically, a blowhard. BTW I live in Maricopa, AZ and use BLM land often.

The biggest concern I see of this incident is that they set up areas of "First Amendment Areas" which is a little perplexing to me. Last I knew America as a whole was a "First Amendment Area". I would expect to see signs like that in Russia but not in the USA. Its surprising to me to know that even had signs already made up that said that. So basically you can stand over in their designated section and express your right to free speech but if you step across the line you are breaking a law? Something seems strange about that.

• Like 3

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.

I stand for power and the law.

I ride quads so I guess that makes me an idiot in your eyes? You should be careful in how you stereotype people into a single class when it is an reasonable assumption that you don't know every single rider of quads and 4X4's. It makes you look silly and uniformed and well, basically, a blowhard. BTW I live in Maricopa, AZ and use BLM land often.

I think Sakari meant there are idiots who use quads in ways that tear things up. not that all people on quads are idiots.

The biggest concern I see of this incident is that they set up areas of "First Amendment Areas" which is a little perplexing to me. Last I knew America as a whole was a "First Amendment Area". I would expect to see signs like that in Russia but not in the USA. Its surprising to me to know that even had signs already made up that said that. So basically you can stand over in their designated section and express your right to free speech but if you step across the line you are breaking a law? Something seems strange about that.

Essentially its just an area designated for the press to gather so that they'll be somewhat organized

Technically you only own your house as long as you continue to pay the tax on it. Don't pay the tax and it will be taken away from you. And yes, in the land of the free we have law makers who make laws. They can make laws that effect your property rights unless it is found to be unconstitutional.

• Like 1

Just curious. ..

How do you define "power and the law"?

• Like 1

I think Sakari meant there are idiots who use quads in ways that tear things up. not that all people on quads are idiots.

Maybe so but it was not clear in his post but I am sure he can clear that up in a response.

Essentially its just an area designated for the press to gather so that they'll be somewhat organized

Well if that was their intent why didn't they just put up a sign that says "Press" like you see at other events? The verbiage they chose to use on this incident just seems strange as in my 49 years I have never seen it listed like that before.

• Like 1

The 'first amendment signs' are for "the press"? --reeeally?

Haha

That's a good one!

• Like 2