Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Republicans block 'Paycheck Fairness Act'

Render

There is no 'benefit' to sexism. That some women resort to selling themselves to make their way through life can only be construed as a 'benefit of sexism' in the most twisted version of reality possible.

I am gobsmacked that you would even try to argue otherwise.

Do you always lick high heeled boots or just on the internet?

OK...that was uncalled for....It kinda seems you are trying to be some kind of hero and are not listening to common sense.

Not every position can be flat rate paid...regardless of sexes involved. More experience = more money...more cleverness = more money...more enthusiasm = more money...more initiative and dedication = more money.

You and some others here automatically think because a female in a particular position isn't making the same as a man in that position it is automatically sexism/prejudice...and that offends me because that is not always the case...in fact...I'd wager that is rarely the case...but it is an easy crutch to lean on and a dragon to slay...

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 2

That is your answer to a serious post that holds a real situation?

It's stuff like that that makes the world wonder : How did men ever get the upper hand ?

With a quick wit and sense of humor most likely, and certainly moreso than for our beauty.

To each, their own.

This social upheaval from trying to make men and women the same seems quite ridiculous.

We're equal in our rights, not in our abilities.

Unless the ability to have an equal paycheck with someone else of different genitalia is a right. And please understand, I've never been one to say what our rights aren't. I have no idea of that.

If I was planning several months-long Sabbaticals in my life for whatever my reasons, wouldn't it be fair to the employer to disclose that up front?

Wouldn't the expectation of such a thing, or lack thereof, determine my loyalty and thus value to the company?

Women are better multi-taskers and they're better managers. Isn't that enough?

But Lo! You want to have equal pay, and children too. ;)

Edited by Yamato

And there it is, the typical "i backed you into a corner and now you can't answer" scenario.

I asked you a legitimate question very relevant to this discussion..since you just love to give your intellectually stumped opinion on things and you can't answer.

Just stop talking boy, you can't play along here...

oh, that is pricless, lol, now you imagine things, go on,,, this is interesting case. can't wait to hear more.

btw, if you had more brains than arrogance, you would not ask that, cuz even if i answer everyone of your kiddie questions, how would you know i didn't lie? lol.

but go on, tell me again how great you are, lol

Bridges for sale!

Dozens of laws already on the books and because the democrats are on schedule to get their fannies handed to them over Obamacare they launch the war on women meme and look who falls for it hook line and sinker. Here is a message ladies, Obama has been worse for female unemployment than any president in recent history. Go look it up. If you buy his crap again you will lose again. This is a bad law that opens the floodgates for lawsuits over anything and everything a woman deems unfair and the end result is no one will want to hire a woman because they can't afford the liability insurance. Who is sure to win from this democrat chicanery? The trial attorneys. BTW the last time this abomination of a bill was run up the flag pole was guess when? 2012 for the War on Women fiasco.

You are being used ladies. Go look at the downsides of this law with a rational eye and maybe you'll have second thoughts. It's ok to do a little research, just don't let the liberal intelligentsia know you strayed off their plantation.

• Like 3

Well, if this is true then women will ally with anyone that they think will help their agenda. What better way to gain power than to usurp a movement that has been fighting for centuries.

Well, if this is true then women will ally with anyone that they think will help their agenda. What better way to gain power than to usurp a movement that has been fighting for centuries.

Whoa! My apologies for the duplicate posts. I didn't notice this until now. My browser decided to do strange things about that time. It was like SkyNet coming to life... :-)

We need a law that says: "Each person shall be paid exactly what their work output is worth to the employer."

• Like 4

If I was planning several months-long Sabbaticals in my life for whatever my reasons, wouldn't it be fair to the employer to disclose that up front?

Wouldn't the expectation of such a thing, or lack thereof, determine my loyalty and thus value to the company?

Women are better multi-taskers and they're better managers. Isn't that enough?

But Lo! You want to have equal pay, and children too. ;)

Without those children, a business would have no future employees or customers.

The capacity of women to bear children is the most important asset a business has over time.

We need a law that says: "Each person shall be paid exactly what their work output is worth to the employer."

Just curious....

What's more important to you? Equality or Freedom?

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1

Just curious....

If you truly have freedom then you have equality. Everything else is just fudges trying to make that true.

Br Cornelius

If you truly have freedom then you have equality. Everything else is just fudges trying to make that true.

Well there you go. Without Freedom, there can not be equality but it doesn't work the other way around. Equality doesn't always ensure freedom because to impose equality means infringement by the government.

Well there you go. Without Freedom, there can not be equality but it doesn't work the other way around. Equality doesn't always ensure freedom because to impose equality means infringement by the government.

Equality is a prerequisite to freedom - so unless you make an effort to achieve equality, your freedom is purely theoretical and not worth the paper it is written on (that would be your constitution).

Br Cornelius

At what point are some of you going to realize that there are some things that cannot and will not EVER be something that the GOV can legislate or mandate.

Some people are racist.

Some people are sexist

Some people are biggots.

Some people are greedy and selfish.

It is called human nature and you cannot just write laws and regulations and make what is in the heart of someone go away. They may have to outwardly appear to "go along with the flow" but inside they are seething that they are being forced to do something they do not believe in...at some point, they will lash out and get what they feel as justice...or vengeance.

Continue to stroke yourselves into believing that the Big Bad Benevolent GOV can fix things...cause that is purely mental maxturbation...humans just don't work that way. You might make anti-hate laws, anti-discriminatory and then the clever people will just be more clever...when someone does not think you are worth hiring or being paid a certain wage...they will NOT hire you or pay you what you want...it's best to just not work for people that think that way rather than trying to force their hand. "But-but-but...I need this job"...well take what you get and be happy with it or move on...

Equality is a prerequisite to freedom - so unless you make an effort to achieve equality, your freedom is purely theoretical and not worth the paper it is written on (that would be your constitution).

Equality is not a prerequisite to freedom. It’s very much the other way around. Equality flows from freedom. In Authoritarian governments, everyone is equal (equally poor, etc) but how much freedom do they have? As much as they can find in a gilded cage. Any achievement they make is taken by the state for the benefit of the collective. It’s the same with peace, as long as a dictator has an iron fist control over the people, there is peace, but no tranquility. No, my friend, freedom must come first. It is the prerequisite to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Being free, even the poor can make their own equality. Otherwise, it’s left up to the state to dictate what equality is.

freedom scares some, when you free you have to make your own desision, you are liable for all consiqenses of that desision, you have to provide your family based on your skill and abuility.

but it is so easy not to do any of that, rely on gvmnt, and not be accountable for ones own actions, if you fail in life, it iis always easier to blame a white, or a man, or jews, or commies or dem, or reps. than actually get your sht straight, and improve yourself. and most importantly admit to yourself it is not all of those people around that make your life suck, it is you and no one esle.

• Like 2

That's strange, since Government is what has been giving us Rights that are supposedly "natural" all these centuries.

But i understand, YOU don't need government giving your rights because you're white and male huh?

See...no empathy....

So what are you trying to say? White and male entitles someone to privilege? I don't know if you are a lib but you sure talk like one and libs always talk about conservatives being stuck in the 1950's but it seems like you are the ones with your heads stuck there saying ridiculous crap like that. It's 2014, being white and male means nothing these days and it gets you even less when going for jobs, especially being male in this misandristic society. I can't tell you how many times I've been passed over for a job that they gave to a woman and in many of these instances, well, surprise, surprise, the hiring committee was composed of all women, HR was for the most part all women, but that gives me an edge being a light colored male, right? Pshhh, give me a f.... break :angry:

• Like 4

Equality is not a prerequisite to freedom. It's very much the other way around. Equality flows from freedom. In Authoritarian governments, everyone is equal (equally poor, etc) but how much freedom do they have? As much as they can find in a gilded cage. Any achievement they make is taken by the state for the benefit of the collective. It's the same with peace, as long as a dictator has an iron fist control over the people, there is peace, but no tranquility. No, my friend, freedom must come first. It is the prerequisite to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Being free, even the poor can make their own equality. Otherwise, it's left up to the state to dictate what equality is.

If you are disadvantaged by the nature of the society you are in (the colour bar for example) then you can never claim to be free. Only by having your freedom enshrined in law can you be said to be free. It is the state which defines the structure in which you live because we all live within states. Freedom doesn't exist unless it is expressed within the society as a whole.

You are descending down the rabbit hole of platonic ideals again. It will end badly for you.

Br Corneliu

If you are disadvantaged by the nature of the society you are in (the colour bar for example) then you can never claim to be free. Only by having your freedom enshrined in law can you be said to be free. It is the state which defines the structure in which you live because we all live within states. Freedom doesn't exist unless it is expressed within the society as a whole.

If you are disadvantaged by the color bar then it is self-imposed. If you think that because you are Black (or female or gay or whatever) that you are somehow subhuman is the basis of a pity party and no one will hire someone with that attitude. This is not a nanny society. No one said that you wouldn’t have struggles. There are plenty of Blacks, Indians, Asians, Hispanics, etc. that do well here or does that make them a bunch of Uncle Toms because they refuse to wallow in self-pity? No one gives you freedom; it is yours for the taking. Our freedom is enshrined in the blood of those that paid for it. The state does not give or take to define the structure. That is what the people do. All government is supposed to do is provide an environment for the people to exercise their freedoms. It is not here to control us or nanny us. If you need such a color bar to live in, then go live in a Social Democracy.

You are descending down the rabbit hole of platonic ideals again. It will end badly for you.

Nothing has ended badly for me. Do I still threaten you? I guess so.

• Like 1

If you are disadvantaged by the nature of the society you are in (the colour bar for example) then you can never claim to be free.

sure it does.

you only disadvantaged in your head. if you believe you are than you most certanly are. and no amount of laws and fairness legistlations will get that out of your head, which is sad, because you will have to live your entire life disadvantaged, by your own choice.

• Like 1

Pay should be commensurate to value, not genitals. Where genitals incidentally affect the value of someone's employment and offer real reasons to pay someone less, libs are just going to have to deal with reality. Women are never going to be as strong, never going to be as tall. Men aren't going to sprout uteruses anytime soon and bear children, or win any beauty contests.

What tomfoolery is this trying to blur the necessary distinctions between the sexes while whining of "equality". Greed is everywhere; and here is yet another political pile of it.

If you truly want equality you must have laws that protect the individual, not special classes of them.

• Like 1

My 1,432 cents:

1. You do not receive freedom, you give freedom up.

2. Obuma and the democrats love BIG GOVERNMENT.

3. Obuma wants to redistribute wealth and ensure life is fair. But Obuma should look to at his White House staff, he too pays women less than men for the same job (look it up, it's true).

4. If a woman, or anyone for that matter, is not receiving the salary they believe they deserve they can leave their current employer and find one who will pay them what they believe is deserving. Be careful though, you might suck and that's the reason for the "inequality", not because you lack a pen-is or it's the wrong color.

5. There is a fine line between following like sheep and accepting what God has provided.

Br Corneliu

Br....read my post above. If someone is racist or sexist or a bigot....you can write all the laws you want and they are never going to accept the people they do not like...period.

Why is that so hard to understand? You think Big GOV swoops in...waves a magic wand or flexes it's mighty-mighty muscles and people just change?...sorry bro...it don't work that way.

People are people and they are the way they are for an endless number of reasons. I do not have to agree with them...I do not have to associate with them...but they are as much a part of this world as the rest of us.

As a follower of the "Philosophy of Freedom"...I let people be who they are. If I do not like what you have to say or the way you behave...then I will not interact with you beyond necessity. "Liberty means responsibility...which is why most men dread it"...George Bernard Shaw...

Big Brother GOV is not going to change the hearts and minds of people...only people can do that. From what I have seen lately across many discussion boards and several different media outlets...it is only going to get worse. The doormat of the world is getting fed up with taking all the blame and getting no kudos for the things they have done right...I am talking about WASP's....they are getting fed up with all the sh!t they are expected to choke down and get zero accolades for the good things they do...

It is coming...are you ready for it?

Edited by Jeremiah65

Jeremiah, prejudice against coloured and homosexuals and other minorities has reduced because of active campaigns to criminalize such discrimination. The general character of society has shifted in response to those legisaltive pressures. Those are just self evident facts.

You can be as bigoted as you like in the privacy of your own home - but if you bring your bigotry out into society then be prepared to face the consequences. Racism and other forms of bigotry have declined in response.

Br Cornelius

Legislation against prejudice only applies to employment matters, business transactions and official duties. Sure, much of the world has tuned it down a notch but in America there is no law against being an ahole and no law that prevents you from announcing it out loud in public. Therefor, there is no legal consequence to face and the consequence of public shaming is likely of little concern to most of those who would choose to boldly show society who they are.

Edited by F3SS

Just curious....

I was trying to point out the absurdity of the approach: can't you see that such a law would be impossible to enforce?