Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Render

Republicans block 'Paycheck Fairness Act'

536 posts in this topic

Render

I believe this type of legislation has less to do with male vs female than it does about GOV interference in the market.

You know i agree that too much interference is not good. But there are different levels of this.

I mean ... this is progress that has to be made. Just like women had to get voting rights. You can act like that was "interference" as well, but of course the bigger picture was and still is the issue.

It just sounds like petty excuses instead of efforts to get this equality into place.

Render

Granted, that is a bit of the ideal. That is why I said that I think most people believe in the nanny state, because they have lost the faith. But our Founding Fathers shared that ideal. They were motivated by their common fear of the alternative. And that's what started our Republic. It seems that today, people don't fear Totalitarianism (until it's too late or it's not what they thought it was), despite all the warnings raised across this nation from people that had escaped that kind of government. I.e. in the form of Manuel Martinez. Most take our freedoms for granted as if they will always be there. It's only an ideal when people lose the dream. We need something that will revitalize the dream that our Founding Fathers had. Regular practice of the dream doesn't keep it an ideal for long, but reality. Why relinquish ourselves to the lowest common denominator?

You know who doesn't take freedom for granted? Women..because women have been fighting for it for centuries.

So you can use your Founding Fathers preach in benefit of women for a change.

RavenHawk

well that's not the issue is it

it's about MEN-WOMEN

what is it with the men here trying to deflect the topic at hand and turning into something completely unrelated. Reality to hard for ya?

And this is why so many are hooked like a fish. This isn’t about Men vs Women. It’s about division and control. What is the real deflection?

WoIverine

Ah, here we go, war on women officially kicks off. The sheeple will be in an uproar!

• Like 1

Render

And this is why so many are hooked like a fish. This isn't about Men vs Women. It's about division and control. What is the real deflection?

nono, you're trying to turn it into something else because the topic at hand is to difficult for you.

There is a true lack of empathy in this thread:

em·pa·thy

[em-puh-thee] Show IPA

noun

the intellectual identification with or vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another.

WoIverine

Bridges for sale!

Edited by WoIverine

Michelle

True, but that also could be said for why we cant have a bill like this.

For example, how would you personally solve this problem if you could make any law?

Like if we say you have to get the same pay for the same job then all of a sudden we have one person who technically has the same job but is better at it now having to get the same pay as the person who is not as good at it. With all the factors in a work pay relationship i just dont see how we could have a law not have adverse effects.

What is your take on that?

My husband and I own a welding business. If I can't convey the difference and justify it within a reasonable persons capability to understand maybe we shouldn't be in business.

RavenHawk

You know who doesn't take freedom for granted? Women..because women have been fighting for it for centuries.

Well, if this is true then women will ally with anyone that they think will help their agenda. What better way to gain power than to usurp a movement that has been fighting for centuries.

Well, if this is true then women will ally with anyone that they think will help their agenda. What better way to gain power than to usurp a movement that has been fighting for centuries.

Render

Eum, ok ... so you are trying to say that women are usurping with women to try and gain equality and this is somehow dispicable?

I really .. this is ... are you ppl for real or just not that smart?

RavenHawk

RavenHawk

nono, you're trying to turn it into something else because the topic at hand is to difficult for you.

There is a true lack of empathy in this thread:

And you couldn’t be more wrong. It is not difficult for me at all. That women don’t get paid the same for equal work is outrageous. However, there is more here than “equal rights”. Equal Rights are not found in actions of government. Government doesn’t give, it can only take. To not see that is very un-empathetic.

Render

And you couldn't be more wrong. It is not difficult for me at all. That women don't get paid the same for equal work is outrageous. However, there is more here than "equal rights". Equal Rights are not found in actions of government. Government doesn't give, it can only take. To not see that is very un-empathetic.

You should really re-read history then and understand freedoms that have come true Rights and Bills and thus, Government.

Yamato

Oooh, he got testy over my little joke...I so sorry.

Look, you guys can deny it happens, but I've personally seen it too many times not to know for a fact it does. I've seen several businesses close, to my immense satisfaction, after the women that were the glue of the company left because they weren't given the credit and the pay they deserved. The archaic mentality has reared it's ugly head in this very conversation. Little men with big egos have a very difficult time answering to a woman in the work place and there is still no shortage of small men.

So when Uncle Sam's goody goody nom noms are for you, it's okay. :whistle:

Don't worry Ladies! The Gubmint will certainly save you from America's secret Sexist problem!

And then we'll all fart rainbows together. Equal farts, too.

Let's make the whole world equal! Derp!

• Like 1

Michelle

My husband and I own a welding business. If I can't convey the difference and justify it within a reasonable persons capability to understand maybe we shouldn't be in business.

To add...I see it all of the time in our business. When my husband is out on a job I am in charge. If a customer/man comes in and doesn't like the fact that I'm not going to pull a person off a different job to work on theirs right now they will suggest I call my husband to ask him. They assume I don't have the authority to say no to them. If someone brings in a piece of equipment to be worked on and I start taking it apart, prepping it for welding, they ask if I should be doing that. It's the constant attitude with new customers that I have to deal with. I don't mind being called little lady, but don't question by abilities. And please don't worry if it might be dangerous, if I'm going to get dirty or I'll beak a nail.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

Render

So when Uncle Sam's goody goody nom noms are for you, it's okay. :whistle:

Don't worry Ladies! The Gubmint will certainly save you from America's secret Sexist problem!

And then we'll all fart rainbows together. Equal farts, too.

Let's make the whole world equal! Derp!

That is your answer to a serious post that holds a real situation?

It's stuff like that that makes the world wonder : How did men ever get the upper hand ?

RavenHawk

Eum, ok ... so you are trying to say that women are usurping with women to try and gain equality and this is somehow dispicable?

I really .. this is ... are you ppl for real or just not that smart?

No, I would say some women are so focused on equal pay, that they don’t see how other groups can use that to gain power through that anarchy. These are the mechanics of the process.

Render

No, I would say some women are so focused on equal pay, that they don't see how other groups can use that to gain power through that anarchy. These are the mechanics of the process.

Oh great, the old "women don't realise they are being used" card.

So lets just forget about it all together then. Let's just give up women-voting rights while we're at it. Because women don't realise that politicians will use that to get votes.

Good that you are on the case !!!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Render

RavenHawk

You should really re-read history then and understand freedoms that have come true Rights and Bills and thus, Government.

Maybe you should and also read some of my latest posts here. Government is not the source of true or Natural Rights. Those Rights are inalienable. We don’t need government to give them to us. Government can do its best to take them or even grant them, but when that happens then the people become enslaved. The proper function of government is to protect those Rights and not go beyond that. Forcing business to comply is going beyond protection. The best way to protect our Rights is to make people aware of what natural Law is. To educate the people on the Constitution. When this becomes regular practice, the need for government to make bad laws will not be necessary.

aztek

lmao, no you are not, most of you anyway, that is why you end up in abusive relationships, and even knowing that you refuse to leave. that is just from everyday life.

Edited by aztek

Render

Maybe you should and also read some of my latest posts here. Government is not the source of true or Natural Rights. Those Rights are inalienable. We don't need government to give them to us. Government can do its best to take them or even grant them, but when that happens then the people become enslaved. The proper function of government is to protect those Rights and not go beyond that. Forcing business to comply is going beyond protection. The best way to protect our Rights is to make people aware of what natural Law is. To educate the people on the Constitution. When this becomes regular practice, the need for government to make bad laws will not be necessary.

That's strange, since Government is what has been giving us Rights that are supposedly "natural" all these centuries.

But i understand, YOU don't need government giving your rights because you're white and male huh?

See...no empathy....

President-Elect Acidhead

To add...I see it all of the time in our business. When my husband is out on a job I am in charge. If a customer/man comes in and doesn't like the fact that I'm not going to pull a person off a different job to work on theirs right now they will suggest I call my husband to ask him. They assume I don't have the authority to say no to them. If someone brings in a piece of equipment to be worked on and I start taking it apart, prepping it for welding, they ask if I should be doing that. It's the constant attitude with new customers that I have to deal with. I don't mind being called little lady, but don't question by abilities. And please don't worry if it might be dangerous, if I'm going to get dirty or I'll beak a nail.

Just curious. ..

Can you think of any other type of business where a customer/woman would walk in and look at a man with the same attitude you just described?

Render

lmao, no you are not, most of you anyway, that is why you end up in abusive relationships, and even knowing that you refuse to leave. that is just from everyday life.

ohhhh, so now you're trying to pull that?

Just digging yourself in deeper.

And how about that question you seem unable to answer?

How many women do you employ in comparison to men? And how about their paychecks? you can answer... it's anonymous...

Michelle

Just curious. ..

Can you think of any other type of business where a customer/woman would walk in and look at a man with the same attitude you just described?

No....but you obviously have some in mind. Do tell.

RavenHawk

So lets just forget about it all together then. Let's just give up women-voting rights while we're at it. Because women don't realise that politicians will use that to get votes.

You’re just not understanding. You are, in fact, we all are seeking equal rights for women, yet you relinquish that right by invoking government to do your job. The Ledbetter act is a sham. If this was real then why the need for a “Paycheck Fairness Act”? You’re repeating the same thing just to beat the people into submission. If you have to repeat yourself, it is not a Natural Right.

Good that you are on the case !!!

Somebody as to be.

Jeremiah65

Well...let's first off clarify something...whether anyone agrees or disagrees...totally irrelevant. This particular piece of legislation got shot down.

Instead of thinking it was all about the "He man woman haters club"...have any of you bothered to look at "why" it was defeated?

I have...

http://rsc.scalise.h...cumentID=109294

Most of those sound pretty damn logical to me.

Before certain clothing articles get into a bunch...realize the "paycheck fairness act" was signed into law by Kennedy in 1963. More laws are not going to make things better...I have said this before about other similar types of legislation...

You cannot legislate "morality"...You cannot legislate "Good will toward man" (or woman in this case)

These types of actions just creates more tension, more resentment and more anger.

My Bad...

it was actually the Senate that blocked it this time...the above link was to an earlier version that the House shot down. Here is the Senate Republican Policy Committee position on the bill...

http://www.rpc.senate.gov/policy-papers/paycheck-fairness-act-a-democrat-campaign-stunt

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 1