Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

North Korea executes official by flamethrower

Taun

North Korea executes official by flamethrower

As part of a second purge of top North Koreans following the execution of leader Kim Jong Un's uncle, 11 high-ranking officials have been imprisoned or put to death,

including a security chief "burned alive" by a flamethrower, a South Korean newspaper reported Tuesday.

An additional 100 lower-ranking Workers Party officials were fired, an unidentified source toldThe Chosen Ilbo, while a third round of purges will target regional supporters

of Kim's powerful uncle Jang Song Thaek, who was executed in December as "a traitor" after being convicted of "anti-party, counter-revolutionary factional acts."

In a seperate report, the newspaper reported that North Korea intends to execute 200 high-ranking officials loyal to Jang and that about 1,000 family members might be

interred in concentration camps.

Jang's elder sister, her husband, Jon Yong Jin, who was North Korea's ambassador to Cuba, and their son-in-law, who headed a trading company, were among those

executed Sunday, according to the South Korean report, which could not be independently verified.

The official killed by a flamethrower was O Sang Hon, a deputy minister at the Ministry of Public Security, who was accused of using the department as Jang's personal

protection service on par with security provided to Kim, the source explained.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/04/08/north-korea-offical-executed-flamethrower/7475895/

Kim Jong Un is insane...

• Like 3

Blimey, that's crazy! :no:

• Like 2

Hopefully his reign won't last much longer. I can't imagine what those citizens must be going through. Maybe there will be a revolt. There's only so many scare tactics you can do before people snap. Sure the people are terrified of their leader but they are going to grow sick of it as well. :/

• Like 1

Hopefully his reign won't last much longer. I can't imagine what those citizens must be going through. Maybe there will be a revolt. There's only so many scare tactics you can do before people snap. Sure the people are terrified of their leader but they are going to grow sick of it as well. :/

They are told from birth that the "Dear Leader" is a god, it's tough to argue with a god... Couple that with total control of the media and the internet, and the people think things are just as crappy EVERYWHERE...

• Like 2

I take a ton of issues from the way the western world is built but I am still acutely aware of how lucky we are to not be trapped in such a disgusting prison of a ''country'', how they sleep is beyond me when they could do so much better for their own subconscious and their millions of citizens.

• Like 3

I hear this and I think about the nukes and ballistic missiles. The only comfort is that these people are at least not suicidal. They are just evil. Then I think about my daughter living in a world where there is an Iranian version of this nuclear protected insanity.

• Like 2

And we thought his father was nuts...

A friend of mine said "He's the Caligula of North Korea"... I think he may be right...

• Like 1

North Korea!!! Flamethrower!! Damn you GTA franchise

• Like 1

It's just hard to fathom that this goes on in the world today. What barbarians....

• Like 2

Who knows what this deranged lunatic is capable of,he will take his place alongside the likes of Hitler,Stalin,Pol Pot and the rest of Histories brutal dictators.

• Like 2

Well he must popular with the people, he just received 100% of the vote in the newest election

• Like 3

Personally I don't believe much the media says about him. Like that hair cut news not long ago. So I'm not sure what evidence they have or if its just rumour.

• Like 5

Who knows what this deranged lunatic is capable of,he will take his place alongside the likes of Hitler,Stalin,Pol Pot and the rest of Histories brutal dictators.

He's still small potatoes compared to those lunatics... His executions are done in groups of 5 or 6 at a time... Those a-holes did it in job lots of tens of thousands...

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2014/04/07/20131201700545.html

In a seperate report, the newspaper reported an additional execution of a high-ranking official in the Ministry of Agriculture. One source said, Jong Song-Bong was publicly executed last week accused of "damaging the Workers Party" in a phrase that usually means corruption. The unnamed source said North Korean authorities are trying to quell dissent by spreading word of public executions and by forcing residents to watch them carried out. Song-Bong was quartered alive and beheaded. The head was then immediately placed into boiling water. Signs of dissent, which were always confined to a few isolated pockets, have now all but flickered out. "There are no signs of restiveness in the military" despite the recent ouster of key figures and dwindling rations, "but there is no telling what will happen in the future," the intelligence official said. 

(Smiley face) DO YOU BELIEVE THIS SH! T???????

*****posted from an android phone

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 2

Personally I don't believe much the media says about him. Like that hair cut news not long ago. So I'm not sure what evidence they have or if its just rumour.

Agreed. Remember the story of people being executed by being thrown to starving dogs was reported a few months ago, then shown in pretty short order to have been made up by a Hong Kong newspaper with a history of...well...making up stories. It would be useful to know the reliability and reputation of the Korean source in this case.

• Like 2

Mainstream media is either ignoring this or has actually done some homework and discovered it's untrue. I would like to know which - I think it's important for the world to know if something like this is true or not don't you? Of course, the only thing dominating Asia news segments continues to be the downed MH370. You gotta wonder if Kim Jong Nutjob isn't as foolish as he looks - get rid of the dissenters while the world is distracted and can't see the depth of the threat these actions represent for anyone within shooting distance of him - missile shooting distance that is.

• Like 1

I have to say, flamethrower or not, I find all executions to be barbaric.

As always, I tend to see news coming oit of N. Korea as mere propaganda, that might have a glint of truth in it.

• Like 1

I have to say, flamethrower or not, I find all executions to be barbaric.

As always, I tend to see news coming oit of N. Korea as mere propaganda, that might have a glint of truth in it.

Even if it is only half truth that is bad enough. This guy is sick and sooner or later some country will have to call him on his insane ways.

• Like 1

Even if it is only half truth that is bad enough. This guy is sick and sooner or later some country will have to call him on his insane ways.

I read that he made decisions to execute the uncle and other family members while drunk. IF that's so then the world has a major problem on it's hands I'd say. A drunk with nukes...
  • Like 2

Korean barbeque! Well,they do eat dogs in north and south Korea.(And if you're bad the dog's eat you!)barbaric! And they don't have the backbone to just take out the "Dear leader".Modern day Hitler.

Edited by Arkitecht
  • Like 1

Where is Dennis Rodman?

• Like 2