Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Frightening Evp from backyard

Seeking answers

Hi everybody, I am new here, and feeling terrified at the moment by some frightening evp I picked up in my backyard last night. Let me preface by saying, I am no kid...a middle aged woman in fact. And should have known better, but after watching a few ghost hunting shows, I became intrigued with idea of capturing evp. I ordered a digital voice recorder online, mostly to be used to tape relaxation and mediation tapes, but after receiving it I wondered if it could pick up anything in my home. So foolishly I placed it in my hall by my floor heater, I only left it there for a few minutes, but after playing it back, I was shocked to learn I got something from the first try, and it was a doozy, I heard a woman screaming, and a man with an eerie mechanical voice saying something that I could not make out and pounding sounds. So the next time, I came in there I put headphones on so that I could hear what was being said real time. I heard the same creepy low mechanical voice start cursing at me and telling me We're evil back off. Which needless to say, freaked me out I was so disturbed by them I erased them. But later regretted doing so, and thought I should have saved it on my computer. So last night, I decided to try it again, but this time in my backyard. I set up my recorder and headphones on the porch, and then began walking several steps in my flip flops, which were a bit noisy. The first thing I said was Hello, I could hear an eerie voice again when I said that, but again, could not make out the words. Even more frightening, although I was standing still,, I heard the sound of something in the bushes. I tried to collect myself and walked a few more paces and asked Who's here? Again, thought I heard voices but could not make them out. However, when I played it back it sounded like something out of a horror film. There were two things said back to me which were loud and clear on it, but the rest I had to listen to closely with my headphones pressed tightly against my ears. But after placing it on my computer and playing it back several times with track marks, I was able to get most of what was said and here goes....

First you hear me rustling with my voice recorder and headphones, A man says, They talked to me. Then comes a chorus of voices..both male and female, chanting Hail Satan! , Next a deep bellowing and menacing male voice saying You will be one of us my dear, all of you! To the sounds of my steps, I hear a voice whispering.. walking walking walking. Then I say hello, and after a considerable pause, another deep male voice that almost sounds like something out of the film the Exorcist saying HELLOOOOO,...Later leave me alone, and again Hail Satan. Very faintly I hear a female voice saying Faded memories. After I ask, Who's there? You can hear another deep mechanical mans voice say Don't know you, in a sing song tone, as a car drives by my street in the background.

Not only do I find the whole segment extremely disturbing, by what is said, I am also chilled by the sounds of it, there are howling sounds and squawking sounds of animals which were not present when I recorded it, and there voices are truly demonic.

Ironically, if you were to go to my house, you would never think there could be anything there, it's peaceful with no signs of activity in a pleasant and quiet middle class neighborhood. Since last night, I have listened to other evps, but can find few as disturbing as this, or so long, with constant creepy evp.

I don't know where to go from here, have the house cleansed? but it's in my backyard as well. Do I simply ignore it? Hard to do after hearing what I did. Although, I have no interest in recording anything again. I know I will get something, I do not want to hear. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you:)

Any chance you can post the audio? That'd be super helpful.

• Like 1

Any chance you can post the audio? That'd be super helpful.

If someone can explain to me how to do it. Sure!

If someone can explain to me how to do it. Sure!

Yeahhh...that's not me! Lol. I'm new here too. Sorry! :-(

You can open a you tube account and its all explained step by step on there how to upload a file, then just post us the link to have a listen,

But I shall warn you now, expect to be ridiculed and accused of being a hoaxer by many on here, your audio phenomenon will be analysed and categorised as fake by the vast majority, so be prepared!

Thick skin is a necessity on these forums

.........but ......hello, welcome and I look forward to hearing your EVP

Edited by 6.6.6
  • Like 1

Yeahhh...that's not me! Lol. I'm new here too. Sorry! :-(

I understand. Hopefully someone here can tell me how, as I am not too computer savvy. I was amazed I figured out how to transfer the recordings to the computer.
  • Like 1

You can open a you tube account and its all explained step by step on there how to upload a file, then just post us the link to have a listen,

But I shall warn you now, expect to be ridiculed and accused of being a hoaxer by many on here, your audio phenomenon will be analysed and categorised as fake by the vast majority, so be prepared!

Thick skin is a necessity on these forums

.........but ......hello, welcome and I look forward to hearing your EVP

Hi, I guess it's not surprising some would not believe. I still can't believe it myself. I mean, I am shaken to the core that this really happened. But I no nothing about computers, much less how to generate sounds that sound like they come from a horror film. Here's the thing, I do have a Youtube account but it's in my name. I am actually a private person and feel strange sharing this anyway, but it's so bizarre I feel it should be heard. Although I am far more concerned about what's on the recording than what people might believe or not believe. I still would like to share it in a more private way. Is it possible to place it here instead? And thank you for the welcome

Hi, I guess it's not surprising some would not believe. I still can't believe it myself. I mean, I am shaken to the core that this really happened. But I no nothing about computers, much less how to generate sounds that sound like they come from a horror film. Here's the thing, I do have a Youtube account but it's in my name. I am actually a private person and feel strange sharing this anyway, but it's so bizarre I feel it should be heard. Although I am far more concerned about what's on the recording than what people might believe or not believe. I still would like to share it in a more private way. Is it possible to place it here instead? And thank you for the welcome

I dont think its possible to directly upload files on here, if you were to upload it to you tube you can change the privacy of that particular file so the YouTube community would be unable to see it,

Im no technology guru either, but there are many on here who are, somebody will pop along and be able to give you some more informative advice,

• Like 1

I dont think its possible to directly upload files on here, if you were to upload it to you tube you can change the privacy of that particular file so the YouTube community would be unable to see it,

Im no technology guru either, but there are many on here who are, somebody will pop along and be able to give you some more informative advice,

I will see, if I can change my screen name. I tried to in the past, but could not get it to work. If I can, I will place it on Youtube and notify everyone on this thread If I do.

The thing is, I am really scared and freaked out right now, with what I picked up, and the implications behind it. And am really hoping for some advise on how to handle it. Thanks again, for your reply:)

I will see, if I can change my screen name. I tried to in the past, but could not get it to work. If I can, I will place it on Youtube and notify everyone on this thread If I do.

The thing is, I am really scared and freaked out right now, with what I picked up, and the implications behind it. And am really hoping for some advise on how to handle it. Thanks again, for your reply:)

So can I assume we are not going to hear the acctual footage? And you are only looking for advice on how to come to terms with your EVP recording, im abit confused as to what your hoping to gain from the forum?

• Like 1

Im not trying to be cheeky, but its a bit like entering the forum and saying you have clear video proof of ufo's but producing no proof to back up your claim!

Do you get where im coming from?

Untill people are able to hear your EVP they are not going to believe you have one, let alone give any form of sensible advice,

Im not trying to be rude, just trying to help you before the vultures start circling

• Like 2

This is a longer way but it will allow you to get a pretty anonymous account. Create a new outlook.com email account and on the line that asks you for a previous email address, use mailinator.com. the email can be anything such as 1231@mailinator.com. Next just create a youtube account with that outlook email address. I dont think you can use mailinator on youtube hence the outlook middleman.

I second 666 comment, if we cant hear it, it may as well be a made up story.

Edited by Roy Don

So can I assume we are not going to hear the acctual footage? And you are only looking for advice on how to come to terms with your EVP recording, im abit confused as to what your hoping to gain from the forum?

No, not saying you will not hear it, I do intend to try, although I have never uploaded anything on Youtube before, so it could take me a while to do so, since I would also like to place text with it, as I noticed most of them do, and I know nothing about that either. I am sorry if you're confused with my why I am asking for advise, but I am confused myself as to what to do. And figured since my evp is very definitely paranormal in nature, a paranormal website was the place to come for answers.

This is a longer way but it will allow you to get a pretty anonymous account. Create a new outlook.com email account and on the line that asks you for a previous email address, use mailinator.com. the email can be anything such as 1231@mailinator.com. Next just create a youtube account with that outlook email address. I dont think you can use mailinator on youtube hence the outlook middleman.

I second 666 comment, if we cant hear it, it may as well be a made up story.

Thank you for the tip:)

It may not be "paranormal"

But if you want advice the experts are gona want to hear it first!

Did you buy your digital recorder from a ghost hunting website ? If so.... If you do a little research you will find that some of these "ghost hunting" companies were selling these audio devices with "demonic" voices alread hard etched onto the memory, so that when customers recorded things looking for evp the already recorded "ghostly voices" would come through, it was a scam!

• Like 1

the former member is of course exaggerating in his warnings

you will find a mixture of people on this site from the terribly skeptical to the ridiculously gullible and everything in between

yes your audio will be scrutinized and yes there will be those who both believe and disbelieve. i hope you do manage to post your audio here and welcome to UM too by the way

signed

one of those in between skeptics ;)

• Like 5

Did you buy your digital recorder from a ghost hunting website ? If so.... If you do a little research you will find that some of these "ghost hunting" companies were selling these audio devices with "demonic" voices already hard etched onto the memory, so that when customers recorded things looking for evp the already recorded "ghostly voices" would come through, it was a scam!

WOW, I did not know this. Do you know which companies or models? My brother is wanting to buy some "spirit box" that is supposed to be "the best" on the market and I would not want him becoming more delusional over this kind of stuff.

WOW, I did not know this. Do you know which companies or models? My brother is wanting to buy some "spirit box" that is supposed to be "the best" on the market and I would not want him becoming more delusional over this kind of stuff.

Im not sure Roy Don, but I recall reading about it, if your bro does a bit of research im sure he will be able to avoid these "fraud recorders"

Im not trying to be cheeky, but its a bit like entering the forum and saying you have clear video proof of ufo's but producing no proof to back up your claim!

Untill people are able to hear your EVP they are not going to believe you have one, let alone give any form of sensible advice,

Im not trying to be rude, just trying to help you before the vultures start circling

you seem to be the only vulture circling here

why don't you back off a bit and let this member decide for herself what she thinks of the members here?

• Like 4

Did you buy your digital recorder from a ghost hunting website ? If so.... If you do a little research you will find that some of these "ghost hunting" companies were selling these audio devices with "demonic" voices alread hard etched onto the memory, so that when customers recorded things looking for evp the already recorded "ghostly voices" would come through, it was a scam!

Are you serious? Pretty shady of them. But no, I bought a Sony icd px333 from Walmart.
  • Like 1

Are you serious? Pretty shady of them. But no, I bought a Sony icd px333 from Walmart.

Ok, im just trying to rule out the obvious first

I am sorry, if you think I just came here to get a rise out of people, but that is not the case. In fact, I had every intention of placing it here, but didn't realize that was not possible. Look, I didn't come here to argue with anyone, I am serious when I say I am freaked out about what I picked up. And I am also serious when I say I will try and place it on youtube, but it might take a day or two.

the former member is of course exaggerating in his warnings

you will find a mixture of people on this site from the terribly skeptical to the ridiculously gullible and everything in between

yes your audio will be scrutinized and yes there will be those who both believe and disbelieve. i hope you do manage to post your audio here and welcome to UM too by the way

signed

one of those in between skeptics ;)

Thanks for the reply. At this point, I just want to figure out what to do after hearing messages like Hail Satan. Honestly, It seems so surreal, I almost can't believe it myself. So how can expect everyone else too? I just know I need to find an answer as to how to rid this dark energy if at all possible. Thank you for your honest reply:)

I am sorry, if you think I just came here to get a rise out of people, but that is not the case. In fact, I had every intention of placing it here, but didn't realize that was not possible. Look, I didn't come here to argue with anyone, I am serious when I say I am freaked out about what I picked up. And I am also serious when I say I will try and place it on youtube, but it might take a day or two.

Don't worry about that kind of stuff, and don't feel pressured. I think that it is a good idea to gauge the members first, ya know, case the joint... I was a lurker here for years and only recently joined as a member. Take your time but know that folks can't really give their opinions without a listen.