Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Still Waters

Paris will open a totally revamped and redesigned “21st century zoo” on Saturday it says drops the outdated concept of animals as “amusement park exhibits” to respect their welfare and natural habitat.

"We have stopped the old methods of pushing the animals out to show them to the public,” said Alexis Lécu, chief vet. “Today visitors need to be active observers of their natural behaviour,” he said, even if that means some are hard to spot.

http://www.telegraph...the-future.html

I'm not sure about "zoo of the future" as what they've done isn't a new idea. Wildlife parks for example, are already like this. It's good what they've done though to make the animals less confined.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still Waters

• ouija ouija

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! I love the tapir with his wobbly nose :w00t:

Hard to see from the video but it didn't look as if the very large animals i.e. giraffes, had a great deal of room. Having said that, it was pretty impressive ..... I hope it's successful.

I have to say this: I thought the French were supposed to have amazing fashion sense ....... the guy in the orange scarf should be shot for wearing it in public!